Apotheosis City Inside a Ship (video)

Lazarus

Apotheosis City Inside a Ship (video)

Postby Lazarus » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Looks like the devs have released a new video explaining how there can be cities inside a ship:

https://www.shipofheroes.com/can-ship-h ... spaceship/

I like that the devs put some thought into the scale of the ship. Keep up the good work, devs! Can wait to see more from you guys.

Pyrion

Re: Apotheosis City Inside a Ship (video)

Postby Pyrion » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:10 am

So the justice has 20 city sized levels. I wonder how much of that will be available at the different stages of development (alpha, beta, launch).

I noticed a few things: Apotheosis city is the lowermost level. The floor level of the city is far above the bottom of the module, i would estimate it as at least 100 meters above. So that leaves room for huge underground areas.

I wonder if the other modules just contain more cities or if some modules have a totally different environment. Some could be packed with technology, others could be natural reserves... the possibilities are great, only limited by available space. When i first heard about SoH i was sceptical about the background, but now i am hyped.

Gooch

Postby Gooch » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

One of the things I really like about the whole ship concept is that it could go in so many different directions.

Some of those other modules could be (and probably will be) other cities. Some of them could be warehouse or factory levels, dangerous training levels, or special scientific levels where rare materials are grown/cultured for harvesting.

Pyrion, you are correct that there is a lot of room below the main level to the bottom of the module. I just measured it, and at the current design, it's 890 feet from the street level to the bottom of the module, so that's 271 meters.
If we assumed that something like a maintenance level had a hallway ceiling height of say, a minimum of 10 feet to a max of 20 feet, we could theoretically fit as many as 44 underground levels going straight down before we reached the bottom of the module.

Of course, special levels could have much higher ceilings depending on their purpose, but that's a lot of space to play with! :D

Most likely it would be a mix of more traditional maintenance, waste disposal levels etc., along with more unique, larger areas mixed in.

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm

I like the idea of parts of levels having been taken over by some subculture that is out of the control of the ship as a whole.

Return to “General Discussion”