Patch 1.4.0.8 broke something

BrianT

Patch 1.4.0.8 broke something

Postby BrianT » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:34 pm

First off, thanks for the awesomeness of this behind the scenes view of the game. I've hit very few in game bugs. Just minor graphical glitches on character creation.

Game ran fine last two days and patches. Today after 1.4.0.8 update installed, I can't enter world. I can log in, create a character and see character selection screen. When I select a character to enter world though, it bounces back to the character selection screen with "Logged In" in red letters. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running as administrator and selecting each character. No luck. :(

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Yow

Re: Patch 1.4.0.8 broke something

Postby Yow » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:49 pm

I'm having the same problem.

I made a character and tried to "Enter World", but it goes to the "Loading" screen for 1 second, then shows the "Login screen" split second and bringing me back to the character selection screen with the red text "Logged in!".

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Yow

Postby Yow » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Ah, that makes sense then. :)

Thanks!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Just to add to the story, we carefully installed all Windows updates, including all of their new security updates, last Sunday to make sure we were ready to go. But we did not necessarily expect Windows to push additional updates during the community event. And especially not while our server guy was asleep (on another continent, and sick to boot).

Fortunately our back-up coder got the servers restarted. Then there was another update. And another restart.

So the server is back up again. Sorry about that, but we do not have control over what Windows does. But we will keep it coming back up if more updates occur. We're getting better at it each time. :)

BrianT

Postby BrianT » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 am

Thanks for the detailed info and nothing you could've done about Microsoft pushing out updates. Since it said I was logged in and could select characters it looked like server was up. Thanks for the response and all is working well now. Keep up the good work and thanks again for the preview.

Return to “Requested Improvements to SoH”