Needs a breath of life

indigowulf

Needs a breath of life

Postby indigowulf » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:59 pm

I hardly come to the forums any more as there's no activity, and the discord channel is pretty silent. I've noticed a huge fall off in community involvement. Even our "poll of the day" is more like the "poll of the quarter" now. General Discussion is the only forum that has had almost any action this year, and that's been very little.

Other than alpha/beta I don't really have suggestions on how to bring community involvement back, but we need something for sure. (I'm still bummed I missed CCT beta, having the same email since '96 means I get a lot of spam and either it got filtered and I missed the email, or I simply never got the email).

I know the loyal fans are not giving up. Those aren't the people I'm worried about. It's bringing in anyone new, or keeping people on the fence interested. At the start, there was a lot of involvement from both community and devs on progress, wishes, setbacks, even just silliness. Now, it's fallen silent.

Since I am presenting a problem and only presenting one item as possible solution, and that one item won't last long because resources prevent it being available long term, does anyone else have suggestions on how to breath some life back into this? I'm sad thinking it's going to be this quiet until beta launch.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

A1fighter

Re: Needs a breath of life

Postby A1fighter » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:53 pm

I noticed this too.

With CoX back, the plethora of AAA titles releasing, people may have been doing other things.

I feel the projects as a whole died out once CoX was announced to be back & running.

CoT for example; when someone points out inactivity, they release a comic or something to show they are awake, then go back into hibernation for weeks after.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:14 pm

So we need to wake me up.

The forums have been rather slow.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:45 pm

Things will pick up once the game is continuously running in Beta. It just has to get there.
What's it gonna take to get it there, more money or something else?
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

SweetSugar

Postby SweetSugar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Agreed. How long does it take to make up a poll of the day? I'll do it if no one else can be bothered. However, it would be more fun to think it's actually the devs who want to know what the community is thinking.

Also, how is CoX back? Just on illegal pirate servers, cuz I want nothing to do with that.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Also, how is CoX back? Just on illegal pirate servers, cuz I want nothing to do with that.
The private server/s have been exposed and running for around a year now and NCsoft appears to have done nothing, as if they don't care. I was sure that NC would try to spoil the fun, just like they did in 2012, but they've been pretty quiet. I've resisted the urge to play the game again but I'm just about to break down and try it. The current game market is filled with games that I don't want or care about and if NCsoft doesn't care about people playing a game that they closed then I'd say it's fair game.

It's such a shame that NC doesn't see the value of the CoH property. If they'd just reboot it, the American gamers would play it.
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:20 am

I hardly come to the forums any more as there's no activity, and the discord channel is pretty silent. I've noticed a huge fall off in community involvement. Even our "poll of the day" is more like the "poll of the quarter" now. General Discussion is the only forum that has had almost any action this year, and that's been very little.

Other than alpha/beta I don't really have suggestions on how to bring community involvement back, but we need something for sure. (I'm still bummed I missed CCT beta, having the same email since '96 means I get a lot of spam and either it got filtered and I missed the email, or I simply never got the email).

I know the loyal fans are not giving up. Those aren't the people I'm worried about. It's bringing in anyone new, or keeping people on the fence interested. At the start, there was a lot of involvement from both community and devs on progress, wishes, setbacks, even just silliness. Now, it's fallen silent.

Since I am presenting a problem and only presenting one item as possible solution, and that one item won't last long because resources prevent it being available long term, does anyone else have suggestions on how to breath some life back into this? I'm sad thinking it's going to be this quiet until beta launch.
I think there was some kind of community split off when SOH went into closed beta. Some of us could play/test the game and some couldn`t even if they were backers. The silence in the community forums started after closed beta was finished.
PS: Of course I´m speaking of CCT beta :D
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Return to “General Discussion”