My kitty is very sick

GladDog

My kitty is very sick

Postby GladDog » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:32 am

Our only-ever girl kitty Cuddles is in the midst of a stroke. She seems to be snapping out of it, but it was very scary for a while, Yes, she is 17. Yes, she is diabetic. But I and my wife are not ready to give up on her yet. So if you pray, it would be appreciated.

I took her to the vet where she is being hospitalized. They will give us their prognosis tomorrow.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Re: My kitty is very sick

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Prayers for you and your Kitty. Hope she will be fine.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:17 pm

My heart goes out to you, but I have to advise you to prepare to do what you don't want to do.

In the last five years I've lost four cats. (2015) The first was hit by a car and it took us four days to find him. The next year the youngest got an untreatable infection and I chose to put her to sleep. The next year the mother of the last cat was getting old and I chose to put her to sleep rather than watch her suffer any more. Those two were hard because I'd had them so long and how close we'd become.
In 2017 we inherited one of my sister's cats. He was a butthole at times but he became family. In July something happened and he wouldn't sleep and he wouldn't or couldn't pee. We had to wait three days for my sister to make up her mind and let us have him put to sleep. On the way home, with his body behind my seat, I heard him cry over the radio. I knew he was dead and that I didn't actually hear him, but that was really hard.

As I had a closeness with three of the last four, they were all hard to lose. I decided I don't want to go through that again. I got one cat left and he's going to be the last. I'm over forty and I've had cats all my life, and I'm tired of losing them. I'm tired of putting cats to sleep. I can't go through it again.

You gotta do what's best for the cat and not what's best for you. It hurts the most but it's the only choice I can see. You should be prepared, though even then it won't help much.
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:33 am

Actually, I dropped Cuddles at the Kitty Hospital. I told the vet to do whatever was the best for her and honestly I did not expect to see her again. Boy, I was wrong! The vet called me 4 hours ago to tell me I can come pick her up! I got her home, and she is as lively as ever. I thought she was a gonner. 3 months ago she got a very bad infection and we were prepared for the worst.

Instead I have come to realize that Cuddles has a super power. She dodges bullets with ease. I WANT THAT POWER DAMNIT! :D

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:36 am

I'm very glad to hear this. My family's luck with cats hasn't be quite as good over the last thirty years.
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

brando81373

Postby brando81373 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:08 am

Fantastic news! I hope Cuddles continues to be a super kitty!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:29 am

Awesome news. Congrats man

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:52 am

I'm very glad to hear this. My family's luck with cats hasn't be quite as good over the last thirty years.
Our luck hasn't been exactly great either. Our first cat, Sylvester, was a back door adoption - he adopted us! He had diabetes and a bad heart. The vet estimates he was 3 when we got him. He lived another 7 years before he died of kidney failure. Our 2nd cat, Snuggles, had a stroke & died at 8 years old. We got him as a juvenile about 6 months old.

Because of these short lived kitties, we were very happy to see Cuddles live (so far) to 17. I'm hoping she lives long enough to legally drink! That may be a stretch; the longest lived kitty I have known of personally was my sister's cat Booboo who lived to 22. She got him as a newborn (very adorable btw) when she was 10.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 am

My grandmother liked Siamese cats. She had three that I remember all them lived to their early 20s.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”