Which MMOs have you formerly played?

GladDog

Re: Which MMOs have you formerly played?

Postby GladDog » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:10 pm

The only MMO I played and enjoyed was City of Heroes. I tried most of the others and they just didn't do it for me.
I think what I really enjoyed about CoH was I could build a weak looking character and have him/her as a Tank. To be able to build the look i wanted and then have what powers I liked was a winner.
Like Flashpoint universe Superman?
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:32 pm

The only MMO I played and enjoyed was City of Heroes. I tried most of the others and they just didn't do it for me.
I think what I really enjoyed about CoH was I could build a weak looking character and have him/her as a Tank. To be able to build the look i wanted and then have what powers I liked was a winner.
Like Flashpoint universe Superman?
LoL - good one! :lol:
The Flashpoint Paradox is my 12th favorit animated superhero movie of all time.

But you could build these "skinny tanks" in CO, too.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

SweetSugar

Postby SweetSugar » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:40 am

The one I have always loved for its combat and sheer beauty is Tera Rising. That game is just gorgeous.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Never really cared for the Japimation types of games. Even I, can only suspend disbelief just so far. :lol: :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Barbequeen

Postby Barbequeen » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Everquest
World of Warcraft
City of Heroes
Lord of the Rings Online
Archeage
Ark:Survival Online
No Man's Sky

Those last 2 are debatable, but I've had fun playing with others in both.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:53 pm

Only MMO I ever actually properly "played" was CoX. I played a couple of MUDs waaaay back in the day, but I'm keeping myself firmly on topic, since my gaming started with "Combat" on the first atari console we would be here a /very/ long time if I start listing everything :D

I beta-tested Asheron's Call, WoW, Guild Wars and Auto Assault, played Anarchy Online and LoTRO for a while, but nothing ever got my interest like CoX did.

I'm currently spending my time in League of Legends (and TeamFight Tactics), Conan Exiles, replaying the old FF games (6-9) and on the mobile game Honkai Impact 3.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:12 am

Just to clarify, you can make very thin characters in SoH, and they can be tanks if you want.

You'll be able to see the range in at least one of our planned videos, and test for yourself in the CCT Beta.

RoyalTree

Postby RoyalTree » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 pm

It will take me to long and use a ton my HS "Head Space" to tell you why, So here is a list ranked from favorite to least, but not all games may be listed so my least is just least for the list, not overall.
1.) SWG PreCU-NGE
2.) Eve-Online
3.) City of Heroes
4.) City of Villains
5.) LOTRO
6.) DCUO
7.) Marvel Heroes
8.) Champions Online
9.) Lineage II
10.) FFXIV

The rest are placed at random
  • Aion

• Tera

• World of Warcraft

• Path of Exile

• Elder Scroll Online

• Neverwinter

• Warhammer Online

• ArcheAge

• FFXI

• Tree of Savior

• Everquest 2

• Guild Wars

• Dungeons & Dragons Online

• Conan Exiles

• Ikariam

• Fallen Earth

• APB

• Secret Worlds

• Defiance

• Age of Wushu

• Black Desert

• Blade & Soul

• The Division

• Atlas Reactor

• Hex: Shards of Fate

• ARK Survivor Evloved

• Fallout 76

• Tabula Rasa

• Bless Online

• Lego Worlds

• Life is Feudal

• New World

NexusLord

Postby NexusLord » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:24 pm

More than I can even recall, but I was a Beta Tester in COH, and played off and on from before launch, until the servers went down.

I tried other games during that time and after, but COH and later CoX; ruined all other MMO's for me ! ;)

Siren

Postby Siren » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:45 pm

No particular order, except the 1st one

1st MMO and w/out question still my favorite for sooo many reasons, and not all of them in-game related,

Ultima Online

W/out question my fav and wont bore you w/it all, just was so special for sooo many reasons.

City of Heroes
Tera
SWToR
EVE
Black Desert (beta/and still currently)
Champions (beta)
Everquest (beta, didnt care for it)
Secret Worlds (beta, HATED how they changed the game like a month before release)
Path of Exile
Wildstar (what a shitshow that was)

voyager2001dl

Postby voyager2001dl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:10 am

Ok, not too many, and one may not even qualify as MMO entirely, but heres the list as I remember it.

1. First ever: City of Heroes best MMO, and possibly the best game I have ever played. (Buggy text interfaces aside)

2. Eve Online: (love the idea, and game mechanic, but too cutthroat of a community and certain pieces of gear/strategies are designed to be cookie cutter and have no counter to them (see warp disruptors). (if you want to incorporate something from this game, look to the market for inspiration)

3. Star Trek Online: Decent graphics, and good storytelling, though they have a tenancy to re-write their own story. Also since PWE took this over, its more than a little money grab. Please do not ever include lock boxes in your game.

4. Hellgate London: Got into this after CoH shut down and really liked the concept, though it limited interactions with players due to a strict limit on number of players on map, and small social zones. All combat was instanced, which is why i classify this as more of a co-op 3rd person shooter/RPG than an MMO. Even if lots of people were online, you didn't see, or at least talk to that many. One side note, this game has a single player mode which allows me to go back and play it myself, even after the servers have been shut down. Unique feature I like, so I don't feel completely at the mercy of company owners to use something I paid for. All MMO servers will eventually be shut down, and I understand this, but I get nostalgic from time to time.

So this is where I am coming from, and why. Hope its useful.

Return to “Polling Discussion”