Donations to Ship of Heroes

Consultant

Donations to Ship of Heroes

Postby Consultant » Fri May 12, 2017 8:24 am

This morning we are activating the option to donate to Ship of Heroes on our website. The link is here:

https://www.shipofheroes.com/donations/

We received a lot of support during our cancelled Kickstarter and quite a few of you asked us to enable a donation capability on our website. We wanted to wait to do this until we showed some significant progress in development, after the Kickstarter so that all of you would know we're still hard at it, creating Ship of Heroes.

We operate a very low cost team, but it is not a zero-cost team. All donations are needed and useful, and all of the money we receive goes directly into the budget for developing the game.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Meridian

Re: Donations to Ship of Heroes

Postby Meridian » Fri May 12, 2017 8:36 am

Shut up and take my money, wait...
They took my money!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri May 12, 2017 8:45 am

It looks like you were the first donor. :)

And thank you. Really. This matters.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Fri May 12, 2017 9:51 am

There is an error in the descriptions. First Fighter appears twice, while Command and Control is missing, probably a copy paste error.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri May 12, 2017 10:33 am

DONE!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Fri May 12, 2017 10:49 am

Well you didn't shut up (which is great!)
But you did take my money so... WIN!

Would've loved to go higher, but hey... we can always up it later, right? =D

A rising donation tide floats all space faring ships laden with supers... or something like that.

-Griff

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am

I have a request; It is nice to be able to directly donate, but I would love to see a monthly donation option. As people donate their perk level increases. So, with 18 months until an ESTIMATED release in Nov 2018, someone donating $10 a month would get to $180 of the donation level. Maybe have the monthly act to prepay sub fees, so half of your donation goes towards sub fees and half is added up towards founder rewards.

So if I donate $20 a month for 18 months,, $180 of that would apply towards the sub fee (at $15 a month that would be a year) and half would apply to founders rewards, or $180. I could easily see someone at that level doing a one time donation of $70 to get the $250 level founder award.

If you had a cap of say, 12 months of prepaid sub using the monthly donation method, then once they get to a total of $360 in monthly donations, everything after that is applied to founders awards.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Country Strong

Postby Country Strong » Fri May 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Great news, dropped my support in the bucket. Need to get the word out to the masses!

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri May 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Donation made!
aka Backer 68

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri May 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Done :)

Nearly fell out of my chair when that email arrived though - the word that stood out more than the others was 'canceled' :shock:
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri May 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Question about the donations - is this a one time donation or will additional donations we make be added up to come up with the donor level?

I am more than willing to make additional donations on a monthly basis.
aka Backer 68

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Fri May 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Question about the donations - is this a one time donation or will additional donations we make be added up to come up with the donor level?

Waiting for answer to this question and to the earlier one about whether it will be possible to set up monthly donations so I can decide what to give/set up.

broxen

Postby broxen » Fri May 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Waiting for answer to this question and to the earlier one about whether it will be possible to set up monthly donations so I can decide what to give/set up.
Yeah, I don't understand how they're making the same mistakes the community criticized them for during the Kickstarter. It was only a month ago.

I donated.. but the first thing I noticed is that the donation page was just the Kickstarter reward list copy pasted over to this site. I guess none of that feedback resonated with the team.
-Broxen

Cranos
Site Admin

Postby Cranos » Fri May 12, 2017 5:15 pm

There is an error in the descriptions. First Fighter appears twice, while Command and Control is missing, probably a copy paste error.
Thank you for the heads up and it is no fixed :)

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri May 12, 2017 5:25 pm

There is a cost for the plugin to take monthly subscriptions. Since we did not know how many would want to do that, we punted and let people decide how often they give.

However, if you give a couple of times, they stack. So two $50 donations gets the same stuff as one $100 donation.

Also, gifts by friends and relatives count to your total, as long as they ID you when they give. So you know what you can say to that special person... :)

Return to “Announcements”