Update on the CCT Beta

lunawisp

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby lunawisp » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:28 am

May be heresy but I never really liked the Avengers that much.

I had a thing for Bonnie Tyler and her steely blue eyes. Welsh lass with a grating voice!
Last edited by lunawisp on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Emma Peel was one of my first true loves.
It was all that black leather, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 am

Hold on let’s not be too hasty. I want to shrink people.
Shrinking me, does not count as shrink people, you know. :P
What if he shrinks all your donuts?

Than again.. that would be about the same as eating frosted cheerios..
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:51 am

So, just a bit more on the schedule for the CCT Beta. We were about to announce a date when one of of our key people on the Beta got pretty sick...so we delayed.

He's back in action right now.

So we will announce either today or tomorrow the exact date that the Beta will begin.

If you would like to know what we are doing, I will answer. We are going through the whole CCT looking for bugs, for clipping, for transparency issues, for code problems. Sadly we have one or two issues that seem to crop up only once in a blue moon. These are the hard ones to fix since we cannot replicate them.

We're also working on adding a new feature that we have discussed but not shown, which is the ability to save a character or a costume, and transfer it if needed. We'd like to get that into the beta, but we're not going to delay the Beta just for that one feature. If it comes online a week after the Beta, that would not (in our view) be a disaster.

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:18 am

For you, and Team SoH: May all your endeavors, be fruitful beyond imagining.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:34 am

Sadly we have one or two issues that seem to crop up only once in a blue moon. These are the hard ones to fix since we cannot replicate them.
These are worst kind, with the Beta players though you might get some more insight into these.
Looking great though, I'm eager to try it out and give feedback.
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 pm

OK, we are setting November 1st as the start date for the CCT Beta. :)

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:59 pm

OK, we are setting November 1st as the start date for the CCT Beta. :)
Is this a firm date, like embedded in stone? :D ;)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:16 am

Friday November 1st, All Saint's Day, the day after All Hallows Eve and yet still a day prior to All Souls Day.

Enjoy Your Hallowmas for you are mine thereafter.

:D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:10 am

In response to the question of whether November 1 is a firm date, I can only answer that our whole team is agreed that this is the date. If something goes wrong, or some piece of code does not work, or a comet strikes the earth, then there will be delays beyond our current control or awareness...

We're pretty firm on November 1.

Oh, we're also planning to publish our third video (out of five that are planned) about the CCT Beta today. This one will showcase the Apotheosis City hospital, which is an instanced map that will be open to players during the Beta. Remember, we're not only allowing people to create characters during the Beta, you can also enter the city and run around (no combat though).

We're not sure yet what we are going to do for Halloween. It might be cool new pictures or even a video. but since we are kind of swamped, probably not a Halloween event with ToT. Not this year, anyway.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:15 am

This is sounding better by the minute! Can't wait to get back into the city again :)

1st November is just about perfect as well. Could hardly have worked out better, for me at least lol
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:18 am

Is there a new client executable? If so, could we possibly get to download it the day before, to allow for technical difficulties on the receiving end? I was slightly disappointed to not be able to participate in your previous alpha test due to such issues.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Itlandm, I will try to remember to make sure you can download early. We missed you in the Login Test!

And yes, we usually plan to let people download a bit early.

But remember this, the Beta lasts for a week. One of the issues you had last time was that the Login Test was a series of one-hour events.

So there is less of a time pressure.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:38 am

A certain group of questions keep re-occurring, so we thought we should provide some insights:

1. The rez area is planned for just outside the hospital, unless there is a special mission reason for you to be rezzed inside. So delay in getting back to the fight will be less in SoH than in other games. There will be infusion vendors right there at the rez spot. The hospital is a location for a lot of other mission-related stuff to happen. For example, there will be missions given inside the hospital, and likely some larger raids may form up, even in Dr. Strikewell's office (note the size of it).

2. We showed a video with the randomizers being used to create random characters. However, no one is forced to use randomizers -- we have a huge set of sliders and morphs, like very little that you will have seen in other MMOs. And yes, you can make any of the three character models bigger or thinner, with varied muscles, and varied height. The heroes are not all the same with regard to these factors.

3. There is a lot of variation possible with faces, hair, eyes, etc., that has not been shown. Players have enormous power in character design. We will probably go ahead and show a video of that next week, since we get so maybe complaints from players who are filling in their mental model with information from other games.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Thanks Consultant!
It sounds like it's gonna be really awesome!
I'll be going in with an open mind and seeing what options there are and if I can create my envisioned character.
And then I have some exploring to do and a Beta Club to chill in.

Just one question, I may have missed this if it was already answered: will it be possible to create more than one character during the Beta?
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Return to “What's Cooking”