Update on the CCT Beta

Golden Ace

Re: Update on the CCT Beta

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Hope not. That's one of two days this month I won't be online!
It should be open for at least a week or longer

What should be open, and why wasn't I invited?

FYI ~ I'll be at the Montclaire CC near you Saturday around 8pm Bring doughnuts :lol:
That’s a stones throw away from me. Why so late?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:28 am

It should be open for at least a week or longer

What should be open, and why wasn't I invited?

FYI ~ I'll be at the Montclaire CC near you Saturday around 8pm Bring doughnuts :lol:
That’s a stones throw away from me. Why so late?
We gonna re-onion some old high schoolers.
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:35 am

They had high schools back then? Here I thought it was just one room school houses in the 1800’s
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

olepi

Postby olepi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm

They had high schools back then? Here I thought it was just one room school houses in the 1800’s
I actually went to a one-room schoolhouse in elementary. We had 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades in the same class with the same teacher. Each grade had a row of students, about 4-5 in each grade.

When I skipped 2nd grade, they just moved my desk over to the 3rd grade row. :mrgreen:
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 am

It was built on stilts. So yeah, it was a high school. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:36 pm

In CO, your costume change not only affected appearance, but it could affect powers. So you can actually have a human soldier with gun powers whom costume change is a werewolf that bites and slashes things :lol: .

There is a build tab in CO. That tab has roles, powers, gear, and costumes you can edit. So basically, your costume change can completely alter the way your character plays. Now you guys see why I keep harping on how CO is the customization GOAT? :)

Lets think about this, it makes sense for Superman to have the same powers as a civilian, because he is still, in-fact, Superman.

It does not make sense for Bruce Banner to have Hulk's powers. So, if your costume change is some brute, but the civilian was knocking people around like your brute.......LOL. Bruce does not need to change into the Hulk, because Bruce has the Hulk's powers :lol:

There is more to costume changing than the actually costume, it has to make sense. Like, you transform from a solider into a werewolf, but the werewolf is still using guns lol?

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:11 am

In CO you can also use devices to transform your character into a demon, werewolf, frankenstein monster, snowman... even a space ship. So you can build a robot which can transform into a spaceship.
Devices like that have to be equipped in the equipment slot. But this would work also for SOH as theses devices can be part of upcoming DLC in the future.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 am

I'd like to add a short update on the CCT Beta to these forums.

First, we got tired of waiting for Simul and Epic to fix the Truesky plugin, so we just temporarily set the time of day to fixed afternoon so we can do testing. If we do not get a fix to the plugin we'll just use this.

I'm sort of hoping that this will cause the Simul guys and Epic to resolve this issue, in the same way that washing your car makes it rain. We can always hope.

Right now, we are hoping to wrap up a couple more items before we announce the date for the Beta. We are mostly hoping to add two more costumes to the CCT tomorrow, but we're using a new method so it may have issues. But we love these particular new costumes and we think they will be popular, so we want to see if we can get these two into the Beta.

We also added a small feature for the Randomizer buttons -- whenever you click them they flash a color for a moment. This is good because we're going to show a video in which we create characters using the Randomizers. Being able to see when the buttons are being clicked is a positive.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 am

we just temporarily set the time of day to fixed afternoon
Fair work-around, it'll give the best amount of light to really see the created characters in the world as well.
We also added a small feature for the Randomizer buttons -- whenever you click them they flash a color for a moment
This should work nicely too, particularly for videos and streams.

Looking forward to the upcoming video!
In the beginning there was Darkness, so shall it be in the end.
The Light is temporary, Darkness is Eternal.
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:21 am

I'm in a good mood this morning. I received a 48-minute video of our charater creator in action and it is pretty nice! We're going to need the rest of this week to get those two new costumes into the CCT. Also, we are adding some lock/unlock buttons to help prevent accidental wipe-puts of the characters you make.

But we are very close.

And I am completely confident that we will get a LOT of feedback form the community.

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 am

Awesome news! :mrgreen:
I am the Herald of Eternity, Usher of the Void, Harbinger of the Abyss, Incarnate of Darkness.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm

I'm in a good mood this morning. I received a 48-minute video of our charater creator in action and it is pretty nice! We're going to need the rest of this week to get those two new costumes into the CCT. Also, we are adding some lock/unlock buttons to help prevent accidental wipe-puts of the characters you make.

But we are very close.

And I am completely confident that we will get a LOT of feedback form the community.
Here comes the hype-train! :mrgreen:
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:30 pm

In CO you can also use devices to transform your character into a demon, werewolf, frankenstein monster, snowman... even a space ship. So you can build a robot which can transform into a spaceship.
Devices like that have to be equipped in the equipment slot. But this would work also for SOH as theses devices can be part of upcoming DLC in the future.
Wow! You mean we could finally make a completely accurate version of Fatman, the Human Flying Saucer in CO? [look him up if the name doesn't ring a bell] :lol:

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:49 am

So, what dates do people like for the CCT Beta?

It was mentioned to me that we should have at least two weeks notice before beginning.

Are there some holidays or events comong up in the first week or two of October that will be obstacles?

We're thinking about a week-long Beta, maybe starting on a Thursday or something, so any early probelms might be solved before the weekend actually begins.

This is not an announcement of a starting date for the Beta. It's us, asking if there are particularly bad dates in the immediate future...

Scimitar

Postby Scimitar » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 am

There's a national public holiday on 24 September in South Africa, so most people are taking the 23rd off as well.
Personally I'm off work then and on the 10th and 11th of October, but pretty much any weekend should work for me.

Return to “What's Cooking”