Schedule to release

OnePunchMan

Schedule to release

Postby OnePunchMan » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:14 pm

I’ve noticed that your schedule to release page is very outdated. I have also not found any given information on the current schedule or date of release as well as a play by play of what the team is working on. I think it is very important for a community as well as introducing new people to ship of hero’s that we the public have a “easy to find” way of viewing the current progress made in game, as well as the newest information on beta launch and release date. In saying that I have also found this information already because I read the forums daily. But I imagine there are not too many people who will know that kind of information. I’m just asking for a quick link to an updated development schedule. :D

GladDog

Re: Schedule to release

Postby GladDog » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:23 pm

The team is currently working on the Character Creator Tool, or CCT. They were originally going to have a CCT test this month, but some of their artists requested more time to get some additional costume sets done. These sets have to be sent to the animators so they move correctly with all of the character models, and to eliminate clipping. They then need to go to the programmers to ensure that they do not have an excessive effect on network footprint, or how much bandwidth they consume. CoH was always a bit lazy with this, which is why large raids like Hamidon and Rikti Ship would invariably devolve into a lag-fest. The CCT test will be available to anyone that donates to the game at least $25. The CCT is slipping into August.

Once that is done, they want to have an invasion event. This will be similar to the invasion events in CoH. I am REALLY looking forward to this. If things works out well, those costumes we make in the CCT will be usable in the Invasion test.

There are a few other things they plan on testing as well, such as missions, the random mission generator, Super Groups, etc. Once they finish these tests, the Supporters beta will start. The team wants this to be working before Christmas, preferably by November. There is a system in place in the Donations page that lets you gift a month to your friends, hopefully we can give the gift of SoH! The money from the Supporters beta will be used to finish the game.

Release is scheduled for Consultant's next birthday, July 4 2020. Actually, it will probably be Monday July 6th. I really want to see that happen!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 pm

No, we have not set a date for launch. GladDog got a bit enthusiastic over a suggestion form this morning, not a date that we have actually set!

We need to see how the CCT Beta goes, and howmuch work we are going to do as a result of it.

Then we need to see how the invasion Beta does, and again, what do we need to do to have that in place.

In that same time frame we need to complate and assign quite a few animations to powers and create quite a few missions.

At the end od 2019 and beginning of 2020 we will be taking a lot more community feedback into consideration, looking hard at the remaining technical issues and picking a date. We are not picking one now.

OnePunchMan

Postby OnePunchMan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Appreciate the information!

Return to “Ask the Devs”