A few questions for the Devs (Actually a lot)

BJSkywalker

A few questions for the Devs (Actually a lot)

Postby BJSkywalker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm

1) About when will this game be released?
2) What platforms will this be on
3) If on console will this game need the Play Station + / X-box live
4) Will there be a chance to play as an Antihero/Villain/Mercenary (Anyone other than a superhero) whether that be another mission or just joining the other team.
5) Will we be able to have more than one character and how many.

Thank you, BJSkywalker :D

Dying Breath

Re: A few questions for the Devs (Actually a lot)

Postby Dying Breath » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Last I checked, there's a beta planned for Q4 this year; unsure if that is the paid-beta soft-launch, or a supporter beta first test. Given the quality standard we're seeing, i expect the full commercial release to be: When it's ready.
2) What platforms will this be on
3) If on console will this game need the Play Station + / X-box live
PC Only - should probably amend to say Windows only.
4) Will there be a chance to play as an Antihero/Villain/Mercenary (Anyone other than a superhero) whether that be another mission or just joining the other team.
Villains are planned, but not at launch. When they will be added is anyone's guess, but I'd say it will be a fair long wait.
5) Will we be able to have more than one character and how many.

Thank you, BJSkywalker :D
We just had a short discussion on that here. There's still time to have your voice heard, as nothing is final at this point, and this dev team appear to take our feedback seriously.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:51 pm

I'm not a dev, I oversee the forums. But I can mostly answer these questions.

- The game will go to the Supporter's beta at the end of the year. If you pay the sub (unknown, but probably $15 USD a month) you can play. This money will be used to finish the game. The game is scheduled to release mid 2020.

2) What platforms will this be on - PC only. if (and this is a big if) they release to consoles, it will likely be the XboxOne first. The game will be easy to port to Xbox. If they do so, it will be in the future at least 2 years after release.

3) If on console will this game need the Play Station + / X-box live - If there is a console release, it will likely be Xbox first. Keep in mind that with the different controls, SoH played on an Xbox will be a completely different game from the player's viewpoint. DCUO was designed for consoles and ported to PC. The number one complaint for DCUO on the PC is you cannot have more than one toolbar. The console design makes it pretty hard to add taskbars, which make a PC-centric MMORPG a lot more fun. Likely it would need the PS+ or Xbox live.

- Villains are scheduled to be released approximately two years after release.

5) Will we be able to have more than one character and how many. The number of characters is not yet set in stone. The team is leading towards 8 character slots You can add to these by donating to certain levels, they will likely be included in founders packs, and you can earn character slots in game. When they release a cash shop you will be able to purchase character slots there.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

BJSkywalker

Postby BJSkywalker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Ok thank you. One more question. Will this game need to be downloaded?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Yes
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “Ask the Devs”