HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO THE NEXT INVITE TEST?

Odee

HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO THE NEXT INVITE TEST?

Postby Odee » Fri May 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Perspiring mind wants to know. 👍🏽 Since Homecoming, was released, every development house has been quiet as a library at closing time. 🤔😯 :o
Last edited by Odee on Sat May 18, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Re: HOW CLOSE ARE YOU TO THE NEXT INVITE TEST?

Postby Consultant » Sat May 18, 2019 7:10 am

LOL, that's a fair comment. We're working on several major things in parallel. First, we're making a major upgrade to our character models, particularly with more realism in the faces, prior to the next big thing which is a Character Creator Beta. You're wondering the exact date? Yes, me too. :)

We'd love to make that happen for the 4th of July weekend, but we're not sure if we can.

Also, we have made a set of adjustments to our superspeed animations and FX. So we want to wrap that up next week, and then make a video about it.

Finally, we're actually recording segments for a video about the level-up process, choosing power new powers, applying augment slots, and then installing augments. We have that working and I saw some short (and cool) combat scenes recorded in support of that.

Our animation team is working on a new melee powerset as well, so that is on the schedule somewhere, to be revealed.

We have other stuff going on in the background as well. That will be grist for the mill later in the year.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm

First, we're making a major upgrade to our character models, particularly with more realism in the faces, prior to the next big thing which is a Character Creator Beta. You're wondering the exact date? Yes, me too. :)

We'd love to make that happen for the 4th of July weekend, but we're not sure if we can.

We have other stuff going on in the background as well. That will be grist for the mill later in the year.
I am looking at the screen from your tour of the ship, with cars in place. Faces look pretty good already. No need to make them photorealistic IMHO. Oh okay, I lied. It'd be cool to be able to recreate your own face, for your characters. Yeah, that'd definitely be worth the wait, 💯👍🏽💪🏽😎🤳
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu May 23, 2019 7:44 am

We have a couple of good things going on right now. We are continuing to work toward a CCT Beta test, but we cannot gaurantee any dates yet. Still, steady progress is being made.

And we have a sort of rough draft of the next video, which covers leveling up and progression, choosing new powers, adding augmentation slots, adding augments, and using infusions, all in one go.

We're editing the video now, which usually takes us a couple of days. But one of things that I really like about it is that we show in the video a scene in which a character has leveled up and then become more powerful. So the enhanced level, the characters buffs, the augments, and and infusions are all working at the same time, and are all additive in terms of damage, defense, health regen, and resistance. You can see her stats before and after.

This is actually a nice bit of game code to have working. :)

And I think the short combat scenese are pretty fun too. You'll see a few small upgrades in combat as well.

And this is video #28 for us.

Return to “What's Cooking”