Top 3 things you want included

Golden Ace

Re: Top 3 things you want included

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm

One thing I would love to see, is an experience bar similar to CoX.
It was such a small thing that I absolutely loved. With the 10 "bubbles" to level up. It always seemed like you were gaining so fast because the bar was always moving so much. Especially in the mid levels once the ability to level up started to slow down. I like still being able to see that bar Jump by 1/4 or a 1/2 from the mission completion bonus. As opposed to the typical xp bar that you dont really notice its movement.

Especially when you only have time for a mission or 2. It really made it seem like you were getting more done simply because the bar could move so much.
Thank you. I had completely forgotten about this. I loved this feature.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

CrazySaga

Postby CrazySaga » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:57 am

1. A height indicator on the character creation screen. What I mean by that, is an actual, given height IE 5'9" or something of that sort listed somewhere to give at least a rough estimation of a character's height. It's a problem I've noticed where it's difficult in other creation systems to determine what's REALLY tall and what's too short, and you have no comparisons unless you hop in game and view the NPCs. Even then it's a rough estimate. It was a problem back in Champions Online, where all these NPCs seemed to be a little tall for one reason or another, and it was difficult making an 'average' sized person by comparison.

2. Item stacking. Some people, such as me, are terrible with organizing their inventories, and will appreciate it if we have ample space. This is given more weight considering SoH is planned to have some form of crafting system. Giving each stack a high maximum seems to be a nice little touch as well, in addition to, say, and auto-organize button.

... this is a problem with me in single player games as well. How I manage to do the whole living thing is beyond me at that point. lol

3. Cursors on the minimap or a section of the friends list displaying where a party member or friend is in game. More quality of life than anything, but I'm sure plenty of people will appreciate not trekking the in game world for ten minutes trying to find someone. Now, this is another thing that may have been attended to already, but the idea is nice regardless~

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:17 am

1. STALKERS

2. SUPER STRENGTH & INVULNERABILITY

3. AUGMENTATIONS LIKE HAMIS, INVENTION ORIGIN, AND PVP

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:02 am

1. A height indicator on the character creation screen. What I mean by that, is an actual, given height IE 5'9" or something of that sort listed somewhere to give at least a rough estimation of a character's height. It's a problem I've noticed where it's difficult in other creation systems to determine what's REALLY tall and what's too short, and you have no comparisons unless you hop in game and view the NPCs. Even then it's a rough estimate. It was a problem back in Champions Online, where all these NPCs seemed to be a little tall for one reason or another, and it was difficult making an 'average' sized person by comparison.

Kelvinkole

Postby Kelvinkole » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 pm

1. A means for casual players to keep up: I am a once hardcore player who will return casually when this game launches. My monthly subscription is likely worth just as much money as someone who will play 16 hours a day, so I'd like my game experience to be mostly the same too. Rested XP is nice to have, but I'm thinking more a long the lines of allowing casual players to team with and play with others who may have outpaced and outleveled them. The issues 16 changes to the sidekick/lackey system in CoH/V were pretty well done, and I'd like to see something similar to that in SoH. Further to it though, since a character that is sidekicking still only has access to the powers available for their natural level, it would be nice if the sidekicks presence on the team, or to their mentor, added some bonus for "picking up the slack". A team buff for increased currency gain or drop rate, for example. And if the sidekick doesn't have a travel power yet, please let them temporarily have access to their mentor's travel power or a means to teleport.

2. Scaled PvP Zones: CoX was rarely well balanced, but one of the things I think they really got right was level limited PvP zones. Archetypes and builds that were not so strong in the top level zones were sometimes the most effective in the lower level zones. Top level characters coming down to a lower level zone were not automatically stronger. It also meant that you had to give some thought to what level you selected your powers so certain ones would be available to you at each PvP zone's respective level. You could completed design a character to be very effective at level 30 if you wanted to play in Sirens' Call

3. The enhancement system: Virtually identical to how it was in CoX. Having the ability to enhance certain attributes of each individual power is largely what allowed for so much build diversity and creativity. Nothing i've played since comes close.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 pm

I apologize if this was covered once before; but I would like to see some elements from CO added to SoH.

1) Nemesis: Nemesis were awesome. Basically, players would Que up for a raid. At the end, some crazy creation was waiting for the players. It was a cool way to show off the communities creativity.

Nemesis were your personal foe. Their minions would ambush you on occasions leaving behind a "Clue" item. This clue leads you to the nemesis. It takes place over a series of quest arcs until he/she is eventually jailed.

2) Sidekicks (Customizable): CO had sidekicks. One thing the community wanted was the ability to customize them. It was talked about, but ignored for years. When it is mentioned, it is never commented on.

3) Vanity emotes: Costume change emotes.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:15 am

I am pretty sure about those since it also were features we knew and liked at CoH :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Truehero

Postby Truehero » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:09 pm

Here's my top 3 items wanted in the game when it goes live:

1. All classes can solo all the way to end game.
2. Sidekick system to allow characters of any level to play together.
3. Character creator options similar to what City of Heroes/Villains had.

OnePunchMan

Postby OnePunchMan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:57 am

1. I want to be able to play the game, I don’t have a very good computer and I never have, I’m not sure when I will be able to afford one, I just hope the game isn’t so graphically advanced that my computer can’t handle it

2. I want the powers to FEEL different. I see so many games that just throw a different graphic on a power, I don’t want the only difference between fire and ice to be the graphics. When games become like that you could have thousands of powers to choose from but they will all feel the same. Powers should be more than just DPS. I would like to see every power to have a unique attribute only associated to that power.

3. I want the combat system to be the best part of the game, and take every priority into getting it right. I don’t want to spam my highest dps number ability over and over again as a damage dealer. I want every ability to feel like it has a time, a place, and a purpose.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:02 am

Some of these top things are in the game already:

1. We have done, and will continue to do, everything we can to enable people to play, even if they have older or graphically weaker computers. You may not be playing on Ultra settings (we can only do so much from our end), but we've done a lot in this regard.

2. You can solo most content, and do not need to team in order to advance. In fact, there are a lot of features designed to make solo play fun. We all solo, don't we?

3. Keeping up as a casual player. You should be able to play at your own pace. Since we are committed to positive community, you should be welcomed on any team, even if you are new or inexperienced. And you should be able to form a freindly team of your own, even without a guild or buddies, and do most anything.

4. The powers are different. Every class, every powerset has plusses and minuses. You need to think in advance and overcome the weaknessses your character has, and to make some lemonade out of lemons, at least part of the time. and DPS is just one factor; sometimes not the most important factor in combat success.

5. We do not have sidekicking built yet. But we do plan to have it included in the game.

6. We've shown about a dozen emotes already. More are coming.

7. We plan to top the COH character creator. We will see if that is possible, but we feel good about it, right now.

8. Our augments system provides customization above anything we've seen up to this point in another MMORPG.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:57 pm

7. We plan to top the COH character creator. We will see if that is possible, but we feel good about it, right now.

8. Our augments system provides customization above anything we've seen up to this point in another MMORPG.
These two points just made me smile. You made my day. Now I´m exited... no wait a second... I`m hyped! 8-)
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 am

Looking good to me! Updated my blog with Consultant's post. Must admit I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on that character creator. I can spend far too much time on those things. Hopefully there'll be some places (like Icon in CoH) where you can change your character after creation ;) Some of us are never happy lol
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Return to “Polling Discussion”