What's the best anime, and what anime are you watching?

Major Victory

Re: What's the best anime, and what anime are you watching?

Postby Major Victory » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:41 am

Not having Amazon, I couldn't tell you. Guess you will just have to look and see. ;)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:09 am

I have both. However I watch Netflix more often than I do Amazon prime.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

So have seen a few more I could mention for your list which I have seen recently :)

- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Nice drawn series with a nice not too deep story for those who want to have some entertainment to kill time (only interesting here is that it seems to belong to a game and adds to the lore) otherwise it is not that I feel it as a waste of time but I would not say it was the highlight of my day
- Armed Girls Machiavellanism - Well that certainly was more fun to watch; also the typical bad guy gets the girls to fall for him routine but still that has some quite funny ideas and nice action
- Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle - Another Fighter-School-Anime (don´t know somehow I ended up watching that stuff since posting here last time when looking at that list) which has nice Animation and likeable characters, a few comedic elements but in that list I would put it on place 4, was still nice to watch though
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman - Is a story which I actually did watch some parts a few times, that much I liked that series though that routinge about "I remember everything!" did eventually annoy a bit. But otherwise it is as all of those a story which is interesting though not too deep has some nice development with character which one could connect and quite great Fight and animation scenes which do get their extra via the music (though actually in that case I really did not care for the intro and outro - though I have to mention that there are parts of the story going on during the outro so that should still be watched)
-Chivalry of a failed Knight - I do repeat that recommendation because in my eyes this one is in my eyes the best one on that list and has quite a substential story for an Anime of that kind which actually makes sense, great fighting scenes and interesting characters :)

So thats for that now - let´s see if my next round of Animes actually will also be all about High School stuff again (wonder how I ended up watching stuff of that type this time only ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:02 pm

By the way Ace, there are a number of Korean Mangas (called Manhwas) that are out right now, that I love. I am very hopeful that a few of them get turned into Anime, although Korea is not well known for their animated series. Since your wife is Korean, I thought you might be interested!

Solo Leveling, which is quite dark. - this would be excellent as an Anime
Raid, which is in-between dark and funny - good anime fodder as well!
Sweet X Trouble - really funny!
Release the Witch - This is the one that deserves an anime the most, as it would transfer to animation very, very well.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

The first two are on this site - https://jaiminisbox.com/
The last three are on this site - https://merakiscans.com/

Interestingly, all of these were on Meraki Scans at one time, but the publisher hit them with a cease and desist on Raid and Solo Leveling.

Jaimini's Box has some of my favorite Japanese mangas too!

Eden's Zero
Jujutsu Kaisen
Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome
Sakamoto desu ga?
We Can't Study - this one is being made into an anime this year.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:16 am

By the way Ace, there are a number of Korean Mangas (called Manhwas) that are out right now, that I love. I am very hopeful that a few of them get turned into Anime, although Korea is not well known for their animated series. Since your wife is Korean, I thought you might be interested!

Solo Leveling, which is quite dark. - this would be excellent as an Anime
Raid, which is in-between dark and funny - good anime fodder as well!
Sweet X Trouble - really funny!
Release the Witch - This is the one that deserves an anime the most, as it would transfer to animation very, very well.
My Wife is a Demon Queen

The first two are on this site - https://jaiminisbox.com/
The last three are on this site - https://merakiscans.com/

Interestingly, all of these were on Meraki Scans at one time, but the publisher hit them with a cease and desist on Raid and Solo Leveling.

Jaimini's Box has some of my favorite Japanese mangas too!

Eden's Zero
Jujutsu Kaisen
Monku no Tsukeyou ga Nai Rabukome
Sakamoto desu ga?
We Can't Study - this one is being made into an anime this year.
Do I understand you right - none of them are Animes yet, right?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:07 am

Sakamoto has an anime, but I liked the manga better. None of the others have animes - yet!

BrionyWorkman

Postby BrionyWorkman » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 am

So have seen a few more I could mention for your list which I have seen recently :)

- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Nice drawn series with a nice not too deep story for those who want to have some entertainment to kill time (only interesting here is that it seems to belong to a game and adds to the lore) otherwise it is not that I feel it as a waste of time but I would not say it was the highlight of my day
- Armed Girls Machiavellanism - Well that certainly was more fun to watch; also the typical bad guy gets the girls to fall for him routine but still that has some quite funny ideas and nice action
- Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle - Another Fighter-School-Anime (don´t know somehow I ended up watching that stuff since posting here last time when looking at that list) which has nice Animation and likeable characters, a few comedic elements but in that list I would put it on place 4, was still nice to watch though
- World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman - Is a story which I actually did watch some parts a few times, that much I liked that series though that routinge about "I remember everything!" did eventually annoy a bit. But otherwise it is as all of those a story which is interesting though not too deep has some nice development with character which one could connect and quite great Fight and animation scenes which do get their extra via the music (though actually in that case I really did not care for the intro and outro - though I have to mention that there are parts of the story going on during the outro so that should still be watched)
-Chivalry of a failed Knight - I do repeat that recommendation because in my eyes this one is in my eyes the best one on that list and has quite a substential story for an Anime of that kind which actually makes sense, great fighting scenes and interesting characters :)

So thats for that now - let´s see if my next round of Animes actually will also be all about High School stuff again (wonder how I ended up watching stuff of that type this time only ;) )
I totaly agree abouth the first two.
Also want to mention my first and also favorite anime "Elven Lied".

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:02 pm

OMG, SO MANY OF MY FAVORITE MANGA ARE GETTING ANIME'S THIS YEAR!

Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyo
Isekai Cheat Magician
Kenja no Mago
Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai
Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san

The only thing that will get me to come up for air will be SoH alpha and beta tests!

pearbear

Postby pearbear » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:26 pm

Currently watching SAO Alicization and just finished an older one with a similar concept called Log Horizon. I was also watching another older one with a similar concept called .hack//sign but it was removed from Crunchyroll! :(

My favorites would be the Fate series for fantasy, Knights of Sidonia for sci-fi, and Parasyte for horror. I'm also super excited for the return of Re:zero series and konosuba movie.

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 am

Seeing as I have been watching some anime lately, I'll play.

Finished in the last two weeks:
  • Chaika the Coffin Princess https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Made-in-Abyss - For 500 years, the Taboo Emperor, Arthur Gaz, ruled the Gaz Empire with an iron fist and conducted inhumane experiments on his own people. But his reign came to an end five years ago, when mighty warriors—later known as the Eight Heroes—defeated him in a battle for the capital. His death ended the 300-yearlong war between the Gaz Empire and the alliance of six nations. In the present day, Tooru Acura is a former saboteur from the war who has difficulty settling into the peaceful world, as he cannot find a job where he can put his fighting skills to use. An opportunity appears before him, however, when he meets a white-haired Wizard named Chaika Trabant. With a coffin on her back, she is searching for the scattered remains of her father in order to give him a proper burial, and she hires Tooru and his adoptive sister Akari to help her. However, the six nations alliance, which have now formed the Council of Six Nations, dispatches Albéric Gillette and his men from the Kleeman Agency to pursue and apprehend the late Emperor Gaz's daughter—Chaika. Pretty average overall, with characters that are kind of one-dimensional. Also way too many lolis.
  • Made in Abyss https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Made-in-Abyss - Better than I had anticipated. The Abyss—a gaping chasm stretching down into the depths of the earth, filled with mysterious creatures and relics from a time long past. How did it come to be? What lies at the bottom? Countless brave individuals, known as Divers, have sought to solve these mysteries of the Abyss, fearlessly descending into its darkest realms. Don't let the chibi style characters throw you, there's a pretty deep story here (pun intended).
  • Last Exile https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Last Exile - It's steampunk complete with cruiser-sized airships (not dirigibles, sadly), bi-plane dogfights, nineteenth century fashion, and a highly stratified society of those with lots vs those with nothing. Although I found the story wandered a little in the middle, and most of the characters were pretty static as well as a little cliche, I found it a very enjoyable watch.
  • That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Tensei-shita ... -Datta-Ken -Thirty-seven-year-old Satoru Mikami is a typical corporate worker, who is perfectly content with his monotonous lifestyle in Tokyo, other than failing to nail down a girlfriend even once throughout his life. In the midst of a casual encounter with his colleague, he falls victim to a random assailant on the streets and is stabbed. However, while succumbing to his injuries, a peculiar voice echoes in his mind, and recites a bunch of commands which the dying man cannot make sense of. When Satoru regains consciousness, he discovers that he has reincarnated as a goop of slime in an unfamiliar realm. In doing so, he acquires newfound skills—notably, the power to devour anything and mimic its appearance and abilities. He then stumbles upon the sealed Catastrophe-level monster "Storm Dragon" Veldora who had been sealed away for the past 300 years for devastating a town to ashes. Sympathetic to his predicament, Satoru befriends him, promising to assist in destroying the seal. In return, Veldora bestows upon him the name Rimuru Tempest to grant him divine protection. Now, liberated from the mundanities of his past life, Rimuru embarks on a fresh journey with a distinct goal in mind. As he grows accustomed to his new physique, his gooey antics ripple throughout the world, gradually altering his fate. Pacing of the story is really terrible towards the end - as in 30-45 minutes detailing a problem and how cataclysmic it could be, then 6 minutes resolving said problem. I hear there will be a second season, but am currently not planning to watch any more.
Currently watching:
  • Steins Gate https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Steins-Gate - The self-proclaimed mad scientist Rintarou Okabe rents out a room in a rickety old building in Akihabara, where he indulges himself in his hobby of inventing prospective "future gadgets" with fellow lab members: Mayuri Shiina, his air-headed childhood friend, and Hashida Itaru, a perverted hacker nicknamed "Daru." The three pass the time by tinkering with their most promising contraption yet, a machine dubbed the "Phone Microwave," which performs the strange function of morphing bananas into piles of green gel. Though miraculous in itself, the phenomenon doesn't provide anything concrete in Okabe's search for a scientific breakthrough; that is, until the lab members are spurred into action by a string of mysterious happenings before stumbling upon an unexpected success—the Phone Microwave can send emails to the past, altering the flow of history. Only four episodes in, but pretty good so far. Definitely weird, but watchable.
  • Violet Evergarden https://kissanime.ru/Anime/Violet-Evergarden - The Great War finally came to an end after four long years of conflict; fractured in two, the continent of Telesis slowly began to flourish once again. Caught up in the bloodshed was Violet Evergarden, a young girl raised for the sole purpose of decimating enemy lines. Hospitalized and maimed in a bloody skirmish during the War's final leg, she was left with only words from the person she held dearest, but with no understanding of their meaning. Recovering from her wounds, Violet starts a new life working at CH Postal Services after a falling out with her new intended guardian family. There, she witnesses by pure chance the work of an "Auto Memory Doll," amanuenses that transcribe people's thoughts and feelings into words on paper. Moved by the notion, Violet begins work as an Auto Memory Doll, a trade that will take her on an adventure, one that will reshape the lives of her clients and hopefully lead to self-discovery. Five episodes in, and I'm hooked. Not an action anime in the slightest, although there are flashbacks to the war, but a moving story nonetheless.

I'd mention some favourites here, but who's actually still reading?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:28 pm

cool. thanks

Kyllyems58

Postby Kyllyems58 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:10 am

Slice of life that I enjoyed and found on nihofun.com

Non Non Biyori
Lucky Star
Nichijou
School Rumble
Azumanga Daiou

See if any of those seems interesting...
Collection of Japanese dramas, movies, anime and TV shows.
https://nihofun.com

lynn741520

Postby lynn741520 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:13 am

I am best anime watching is overlord and I think this is one of the best anime because this anime story and characters so nice.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:04 pm

- One Punch Man - Really good. Can`t wait for the 2nd season.

- Overlord - A big surprise to me. This anime is really cool and I enjoyed every second! Just great!

- Ultraman - The best anime I´ve ever seen. Great action and very well done fighting scenes. This anime is my personal favorite.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:14 pm

Season two of one punch man started just recently you can watch The first two episodes it’s subbed not dubbed though.

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”