My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

pheeonix

My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

Postby pheeonix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 pm

So one of the things that I liked about COH was the enhancement system . It honestly didn't give you a greater advantage , it just changed the style of how you played your character . I know what you are going to say - Yes Roxy , it made you stronger . Well .... did it ? You could slot the same enhancements as anyone else . You honestly could have the same stats as another player , but .... Did that make you a better player ?

After COH closed I tried other MMO's . As you know , most of them are made in the east . They have a system based usually on gear . Now how do you get this gear ? Usually grinding and grinding and bidding and bidding , or using the auction house . But was the auction house fair ? HELL NO ! Cause it was P2W . This idea that the only way you can advance your character is through hours of grinding solo arena dungeons to get little pieces to assemble a bigger piece of armor , just so that you can get to a different map , made me furious . The idea of having to buy in game currency using real world money to buy pieces of crap to make a pair of gloves made me want to smash my PC . OMG it made me want to scream !

The thing I started to see with this P2W armor making system , was the proverbial " dick measuring contest " . There is nothing worse than playing with these people . It took all the fun out of playing the game . Lets face it , most of the games story was total shit , and they focus on PVP . So the whole RPG experience is basically flushed down the toilet , and the only way to advance the one story line they have , is to make the damn armor . So its totally repetitive , you hate to make an alt because you are like " uhhh I don't want to do this again " . The story is crap , and there is only one story line for every single alt , so its boring . And now you are playing with these people who are flexing their muscles wanting you to worship them and declare them your alpha dog , cause they payed for all their armor and It sucks .

I understand men like to be competitive , but there is a limit to how much I can take . I understand that in the real world you might not be the alpha dog . I get it , maybe you don't have the greatest job , you don't date swim suit models , and you don't drive a porsche . But honestly , who fucking cares . We are supposed to be having fun playing a video game . I get it , you got real world issues , but could you just Tank the boss . I find that in P2W games everyone wants to show off how OP they are because they payed for their armor . Does this mean you actually know how to play the game and have any skill at playing it ? NOPE ! I hate games based on armor rating . I absolutely hate it , because of the way people behave in the game . I get it , your a man and you got something to prove , but there is a limit to how much I can take when I am playing a video game . It doesn't matter how OP you are if you can't play the advanced dungeon mechanics . Its really not fun to play if one person goes into a dungeon and does everything . I want to play too , but I don't want to have to buy myself into the game . I honestly don't mind paying subscription to a game that is fun , a game that is fair , and a game that is based on skills and roles , not armor rating . I don't want you to have to prove something to everyone , I just want to have fun playing a game with you . I play video games to have fun , not prove my worth in life .

I may be the only person that feels that way , but I thought this would be a great place to post this , since I technically don't have an official blog . I am so happy to see a game that uses an enhancement system that changes how you play your character , and doesn't make it about how OP you are because you payed for armor . I like games based on skills and knowing dungeon mechanics . I want to play too , I don't need anyone to clear a dungeon for me and then be arrogant about it . I like to give credit were credit is due . If you are good at playing the game , because you are good at playing the game , I will say good job . But I don't have a lot of respect for people who payed to be good , instead of learning and working towards being a good team player . I miss COH so much . I had so much fun with everyone I ever played with . I never once had a problem teaming up with someone . I never had a bad experience . We always supported one another and at the end of each battle , said good job . We never had anything to prove to one another , we just became a team . I'm really excited for this game to come out . I miss the old way of playing a MMO . I never thought I would get to have another COH experience online , but now , I am hopeful .

Thank you for reading - Roxy

Golden Ace

Re: My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing Roxy. many of us feel the same way.

*Thumbs up*

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 pm

pheeonix
I may be the only person that feels that way ,
You are not the only one.

Nice post. :)
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for sharing Roxy. many of us feel the same way.

*Thumbs up*

GA
Yes indeed, i'm adding my nod of unofficial approval to this. 👍x💯
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Mearlin

Postby Mearlin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Agree!

Tolk63

Postby Tolk63 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey, this is a pretty good piece.... except the part where you solely blame males for penis issues in the MMO genre. I knew plenty of Ladies on CoX that thought they were divas, talked about how shiny their vaginas were.... and believed that the game revolved only around them. :lol:

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Tolk63
I knew plenty of Ladies on CoX that thought they were divas, talked about how shiny their vaginas were.... and believed that the game revolved only around them. :lol:
DAY'UM!!! :shock:

Glad I wasn't on that server.

gemini

Postby gemini » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:47 am

Let's not forget the current state of world of warcraft's 'upper level' PVE where groups demand you have a certain "PVE Score" (measured by external add-ons and websites) as well as a gear level that is often times HIGHER than the content you're trying to do before they will even consider inviting you.

It's gotten so bad that people are meming it on reddit

https://i.redd.it/0tl6ns4svbh21.png

https://i.redd.it/buain1tj48h21.jpg

This whole "PERFECT META GEAR" elitism extends to PVE as well as PVP.

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:50 pm

Agreed.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:51 pm

gemini
It's gotten so bad that people are meming it on reddit

https://i.redd.it/0tl6ns4svbh21.png

https://i.redd.it/buain1tj48h21.jpg
LOL ! :lol:

pheeonix

Postby pheeonix » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Thats another reason why I liked coh . You could sidekick . You never had to worry about having gear to play with your friends . You could just jump online , and play . I miss those days . Nothing to prove , nothing to brag about , just play and have fun . Those were good times .

Gilbegger

Postby Gilbegger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Hey, this is a pretty good piece.... except the part where you solely blame males for penis issues in the MMO genre. I knew plenty of Ladies on CoX that thought they were divas, talked about how shiny their vaginas were.... and believed that the game revolved only around them. :lol:
I see you played with my ex wife.

:roll:

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 pm

I see you played with my ex wife.

:roll:
Priceless! For everything else there’s SoH! 😃
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Roxy,

I just wanted to say that was very well said. I couldn’t have said it better myself. I think it’s safe to believe we are all here to find that home again where comradery, skilled play, and fun are always hot off the grill and ready to be served!

I do look forward to teaming with you and getting to know you and the rest of you forum members in Apotheosis City.

Sincerely,
Power Ace
Proud member of Jagged Legion
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:48 am

you know, I just have been thinking if simple agreement is really all there is to say to that post (though I kind of feel ashamed as part of the male community that there are others outside who behave like apes - sorry to all the apes outside I did not intentionally insult you ;) )
but then I realized, tht there is indeed something more!

That text showed me again, that this community is about passion, about emotion. But in a positive way! It is not about trying to compensate for all the minority complexes and about selfquestioning the role and worth in life. It also is not about pressure and power gaming, because the people have the need to show their alpha status (Yes, also Females have that! In any Wolfpack there is an Alpha Male and an Alpha Female :D) or about Ambitions!

It is about community, about personal progress and connections. It is about sharing dreams and positivity in a world, in which most people miss that! It is about caring for another and not being ashamed of it! Of giving your approval to life and all it good things - the kind of attitude for which in our regular lifes most people would give us a sad smile and would pity us for our naivity.

But that is exactly, what makes this community a one of a kind and what makes us different from any Anime, Sci-Fi, or Fantasy Community. We do not just combine Genres we combine all kind of Ages, Gender Aspects, Race Aspects, Nationality and all what else might part us otherwise! Here anyone can be as he/she feels like and will be accepted!

And why is that? It is because that kind of game we used to play as CoH and hopefully soon will play again with SoH inspires the players, who got lit by the spirit of that game and community to really be heroes in their own right. And not just playing it but feeling it too! And that makes all want to be better, nicer, more honest and more positive. It is the longing for a better world, in which it is possible to fight for the right thing and accomplish something by doing that! And that is even combined with having fun and real life bonus like finding friends ;). It is the dream of children who grew up with comic-book-heroes in one way or the other and kept it alive all those years :) (some of course were just falling into it by coincidence and got stuck - but don´t worry nobody minds that neiter ;) )

So, basically that is, what went through my mind, when I read that and I really hope I could add something to that topic to share and am looking forward of feeling that passion soon again during the game :)

Thanks too for the patience - I know I tend to write to much ;)

What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “General Discussion”