My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

pheeonix

My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

Postby pheeonix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:31 pm

So one of the things that I liked about COH was the enhancement system . It honestly didn't give you a greater advantage , it just changed the style of how you played your character . I know what you are going to say - Yes Roxy , it made you stronger . Well .... did it ? You could slot the same enhancements as anyone else . You honestly could have the same stats as another player , but .... Did that make you a better player ?

After COH closed I tried other MMO's . As you know , most of them are made in the east . They have a system based usually on gear . Now how do you get this gear ? Usually grinding and grinding and bidding and bidding , or using the auction house . But was the auction house fair ? HELL NO ! Cause it was P2W . This idea that the only way you can advance your character is through hours of grinding solo arena dungeons to get little pieces to assemble a bigger piece of armor , just so that you can get to a different map , made me furious . The idea of having to buy in game currency using real world money to buy pieces of crap to make a pair of gloves made me want to smash my PC . OMG it made me want to scream !

The thing I started to see with this P2W armor making system , was the proverbial " dick measuring contest " . There is nothing worse than playing with these people . It took all the fun out of playing the game . Lets face it , most of the games story was total shit , and they focus on PVP . So the whole RPG experience is basically flushed down the toilet , and the only way to advance the one story line they have , is to make the damn armor . So its totally repetitive , you hate to make an alt because you are like " uhhh I don't want to do this again " . The story is crap , and there is only one story line for every single alt , so its boring . And now you are playing with these people who are flexing their muscles wanting you to worship them and declare them your alpha dog , cause they payed for all their armor and It sucks .

I understand men like to be competitive , but there is a limit to how much I can take . I understand that in the real world you might not be the alpha dog . I get it , maybe you don't have the greatest job , you don't date swim suit models , and you don't drive a porsche . But honestly , who fucking cares . We are supposed to be having fun playing a video game . I get it , you got real world issues , but could you just Tank the boss . I find that in P2W games everyone wants to show off how OP they are because they payed for their armor . Does this mean you actually know how to play the game and have any skill at playing it ? NOPE ! I hate games based on armor rating . I absolutely hate it , because of the way people behave in the game . I get it , your a man and you got something to prove , but there is a limit to how much I can take when I am playing a video game . It doesn't matter how OP you are if you can't play the advanced dungeon mechanics . Its really not fun to play if one person goes into a dungeon and does everything . I want to play too , but I don't want to have to buy myself into the game . I honestly don't mind paying subscription to a game that is fun , a game that is fair , and a game that is based on skills and roles , not armor rating . I don't want you to have to prove something to everyone , I just want to have fun playing a game with you . I play video games to have fun , not prove my worth in life .

I may be the only person that feels that way , but I thought this would be a great place to post this , since I technically don't have an official blog . I am so happy to see a game that uses an enhancement system that changes how you play your character , and doesn't make it about how OP you are because you payed for armor . I like games based on skills and knowing dungeon mechanics . I want to play too , I don't need anyone to clear a dungeon for me and then be arrogant about it . I like to give credit were credit is due . If you are good at playing the game , because you are good at playing the game , I will say good job . But I don't have a lot of respect for people who payed to be good , instead of learning and working towards being a good team player . I miss COH so much . I had so much fun with everyone I ever played with . I never once had a problem teaming up with someone . I never had a bad experience . We always supported one another and at the end of each battle , said good job . We never had anything to prove to one another , we just became a team . I'm really excited for this game to come out . I miss the old way of playing a MMO . I never thought I would get to have another COH experience online , but now , I am hopeful .

Thank you for reading - Roxy

Golden Ace

Re: My little blog about the aggravation of playing MMO's after COH

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing Roxy. many of us feel the same way.

*Thumbs up*

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:06 pm

pheeonix
I may be the only person that feels that way ,
You are not the only one.

Nice post. :)
Truth > Propaganda

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for sharing Roxy. many of us feel the same way.

*Thumbs up*

GA
Yes indeed, i'm adding my nod of unofficial approval to this. 👍x💯
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Mearlin

Postby Mearlin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 pm

Agree!

Tolk63

Postby Tolk63 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey, this is a pretty good piece.... except the part where you solely blame males for penis issues in the MMO genre. I knew plenty of Ladies on CoX that thought they were divas, talked about how shiny their vaginas were.... and believed that the game revolved only around them. :lol:

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:09 pm

Tolk63
I knew plenty of Ladies on CoX that thought they were divas, talked about how shiny their vaginas were.... and believed that the game revolved only around them. :lol:
DAY'UM!!! :shock:

Glad I wasn't on that server.
Truth > Propaganda

Return to “General Discussion”