What's the best anime, and what anime are you watching?

Golden Ace

Re: Currently Watching Sword Art Online

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 am

Got me to update my list. thanks
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:14 pm

there is a 3rd season of Attack on Titan?
Must have missed it - got to take care of that - thanks for the update :)
but just out of curiousity - does it seem, that the story is complete with that one now?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:32 pm

no it just opens up more questions

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Looking at your I-have-not-seen-yet list, there would be several that I would recommend, such as Bubblegum Crisis and Rewrite, but the one YOU HAVE TO WATCH ASAP is Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - Chivalry of a Failed Knight. This was a pinnacle anime, well done in every attribute. Once you see it you will be joining the chorus demanding a season 2! It starts off kind of Fan-Servicey, but don't let that stop you from watching one of the best anime's ever done.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:50 am

got to agree with Glad Dog here - do watch it :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:09 pm

took your words for it and put a hold on Fairy Tail and watched Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - Chivalry of a Failed Knight

very good. loved it. had me laughing out loud in a few spots. very good story.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:52 am

Looking at your I-have-not-seen-yet list, there would be several that I would recommend, such as Bubblegum Crisis and Rewrite, but the one YOU HAVE TO WATCH ASAP is Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - Chivalry of a Failed Knight. This was a pinnacle anime, well done in every attribute. Once you see it you will be joining the chorus demanding a season 2! It starts off kind of Fan-Servicey, but don't let that stop you from watching one of the best anime's ever done.
so what do you think of Strike the Blood?

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:28 am

During my week off I have decided to watch a few episodes, since I haven't watched a lot of anime recently.

I started with a couple of episodes of an old series, "Spice and Wolf" which was intriguing, but failed to capture my attention. I will probably pick this up again at some point, though when that is is hard to say.

I then tried again to get into "My Hero Academia" but was again reminded that I actively dislike the main character. Despite the high regard it is held in, I don't think this one's for me.

I am now five episodes into "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime." Honestly I did not expect to like this one, but it has been recommended to me by several people. It is now 22:30, and I think I'll load up episode 6. Gotta love not having to get up for work.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:51 am

During my week off I have decided to watch a few episodes, since I haven't watched a lot of anime recently.

I started with a couple of episodes of an old series, "Spice and Wolf" which was intriguing, but failed to capture my attention. I will probably pick this up again at some point, though when that is is hard to say.

I then tried again to get into "My Hero Academia" but was again reminded that I actively dislike the main character. Despite the high regard it is held in, I don't think this one's for me.

I am now five episodes into "That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime." Honestly I did not expect to like this one, but it has been recommended to me by several people. It is now 22:30, and I think I'll load up episode 6. Gotta love not having to get up for work.
well interesting thanks :) will take a look into it after I finished Strike the Blood (which I am currently looking and do like - got that little Harem aspect included which I wouldn´t need but otherwise its an interesting story with great Action and Soundtrack :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 am

since I started that one I think I have to add some input, so to avoid that some of you who might take my idea to watch something which they later might feel disturbed by (you never know).

So about me mentioning that series "Still the Blood" I was pretty impressed by the Soundtrack and liked the action and general idea. It is not a really deep story and idea but still kind of entertaining. The only thing was that typical Harem Thing which basically would not have been needed though where good for some more or less funny scenes (and be serious that word can also be used with Sword Art Online thinking about his romantic entanglements, so it is nothing which prevents me from watching something).
The second season though (and that is why I am writing it) they got a little bit too far into the semi-erotic aspect which definitely would not have been needed but for some reason somebody felt it necessary to show breasts repeatedly no matter if fitting or not just so you have them onscreen.
So if somebody got the feeling he/she feels disturbed by that kind of stuff and wants to avoid it, I wanted to mention it - it is still nice Fighting Action but they have that sexual implication part included there too (which are absolutely unnecessary by the way and sometimes feel like being forced down your throat).

Von

Postby Von » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:06 pm

My recommendations: (In no particular order)

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (probably the funniest anime I've ever seen)
Kaguya Sama: Love is War (not action oriented, but still pretty frickin' good)
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time (just for fun)
Sword Art Online Abridged (We must save my family)
Rising of the Shield Hero (decent story so far)
High School of the Dead (LOTS of fan service, but a good zombie story behind that)
DBZ Abridged (because...c'mon)
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Thank you Von. I'll add them to my list.

Von

Postby Von » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:38 am

Addendum:

In your list, "Record of Lodoss War" is great.

I tend to watch more comedy based anime as it seems harder (IMO) to find decent action based ones. Some will start off light-hearted and turn into some serious wtf?!? episodes.

Also recommend:
KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World (transported to another world hijinx)
Food Wars (don't know why, but I like it)
Azumanga Daioh (really, just a cute story)

Movies:
Akira (would actually be surprised if you haven't seen this one already)
Fist of the North Star (see above)

I liked "Fairy Tail" too, just sooo many episodes.

Von

Postby Von » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:41 am

GladDog, have you seen SAO Abridged?

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:26 am

My recommendations: (In no particular order)

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (probably the funniest anime I've ever seen)
Kaguya Sama: Love is War (not action oriented, but still pretty frickin' good)
Tonari no Seki-kun: The Master of Killing Time (just for fun)
Sword Art Online Abridged (We must save my family)
Rising of the Shield Hero (decent story so far)
High School of the Dead (LOTS of fan service, but a good zombie story behind that)
DBZ Abridged (because...c'mon)

Thanks for posting here :)
Agree with High School of the Dead and Fairy Tail
and of course with the Abridged stuff :D

they are just awesome (though I actually like the SAO Parody more and hope they will eventually go on).
Got to admit, in some cases I thought the dialogues would have even fit better than th original ones - not just for the fun aspect but seriously :)

Fist of the North Star and Akira are absolute classics, so G.A. do watch them (more darker stuff, than most we wrote here yet but still absolutely worth seeing)

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”