Hello and thank you

nopunintendo

Hello and thank you

Postby nopunintendo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello, I am a former City of Heroes player, and I cannot express how happy I am about the progress this project is making. I've remained very skeptical about any projects that claim to revive City of Heroes, but this is the first one that really gives me hope.

I've been following the development on this project for a long time, and as full time game developer myself, I have so much respect for the people on this team and their dedication to the vision of a new City of Heroes. The amount of time and effort that goes into making a game on this scale is incredible, and to aim all that work towards something that I've wanted for so long is amazing to see. There is limitless potential with Unreal Engine 4, so I have no doubt that this game will be something very special. I've sent a donation and I hope it's all smooth sailing towards launch.

Golden Ace

Re: Hello and thank you

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:37 pm

Welcome nopunintendo

I see you've been lurking for a few months. Glad you finally decided to join the conversation.

Welcome to the Ship!

Where did you play before? what was your main character? or favorite class?

I was on Liberty as my namesake, and was an invulnerable / Ice Tank.

while I did have a few alts I spent most of my time on Ace.

Once again welcome. the ride is going to be awesome.

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

nopunintendo

Postby nopunintendo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks, I am quite an alt-aholic so I had tons of characters across a number of servers. I'm sure I have played almost every power set at some point in time.

A few of my most played characters included an electricity blaster, an empathy/radiation defender, a martial arts/regeneration scrapper, a gravity/kinetics controller.

I had a lot of fun creating character concepts where the costume, name, and power sets all followed a theme. In quite a few instances I made intentional sidekick characters for existing higher level players who wanted to team up.

There was something to love about every character I played, and I don't think I could pick a favorite lol.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Welcome aboard! I think most of us here are CoH refugees lookling for a new home. The latest video not only showed the new restorative nanites powerset but also showed how much better characters look now than they did originally, they've made significant progress there. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on that character creator.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Dezzer

Postby Dezzer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:09 pm

Great to have you, nopunintendo!
Also, feel free to contribute to the polls if you haven't already and feedback and suggestions are more than welcome!
We hope you enjoy your stay with us!
Some will say the glass is half full,
Others will say the glass is half empty,
I say just give me the drink! Cheers!

Inkaris

Postby Inkaris » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 am

Welcome aboard!

Return to “Introductions”