re-spec poll

Voidblazer

Re: re-spec poll

Postby Voidblazer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Any character in any game can be carried through pretty much any content; I won't dispute that. But how many teammates does it take to carry each sub-optimal build through the trial? If more than one character that wants to play is poorly constructed, how many can you have before the trial becomes un-winnable?

The Terra Volta trial in the beginning was silly hard to complete, probably for exactly the reasons given by Voidblazer, and even teams of well-built characters failed regularly. It was tuned at least once to make it manageable for most teams even with most or all poorly built characters.

Note that I'm not saying it should be a cake-walk, just that it should not be among the most challenging content offered.
Yep, I can agree with that, DB. Earlier, I said it should be one of the hardest trials to run, but that's an overstatement on my part. It shouldn't be a slog through the Nine Hells to change some powers out. It should be tough, but not a Positron TF 8-hour ordeal. What I'd really like to see us avoid is the feeling that our superpowers are just slots in some inventory. That's part of what sets superhero games apart from other games: Our powers aren't equipment; they're core fundamentals to our heroes, as much a part of our heroes as their arms and legs.

Many times, it wouldn't even make sense to change the primary power set (or maybe the secondary), because it's so tied to that hero's identity, their name or their backstory. How could I even be Flashfire Omega (TM :lol: ) if I change to Ice? Respec'ing should take some careful consideration, and should come with a fair amount of (fun and action-packed!) difficulty.
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

POSSUMNUTS

Re: re-spec poll

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:37 pm

CoH respect option.

Return to “Polling Discussion”