Regarding for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

GladDog

Regarding for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

Postby GladDog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:36 am

1- The ability to unlock a new power effect visual from a special list, only available when the achievement/perk is won and only available to those who unlock it.
2 - Unique inspirations, slightly better than those available through normal gameplay.
3 - Visual costume enhancements of some kind.
4 - A permanent, timed, re-usable buff
5 - An extra, 'unique' secondary power from a special list, available only through the achievement/perk system.
6 - A stats buff of some kind, like an accolade.
7 - Something else, I tell you in the forums.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Regarding for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

Postby GladDog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:38 am

I voted something else. If I had to pick something from the list, I would say accolades. But I would also like the idea of being rewarded with an enhancement slot for finishing a TF, one time only. So if there are 4 TFs, you can add 4 extra enhancement slots.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Re: Regarding for special achievements/perks, what kind of specials would people be interested in being able to attain?

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:26 pm

I went with - A stats buff of some kind, like an accolade.

Had a few tough choices. That’s just the one I hovered over the longest. Given a few more seconds I probably would’ve changed it.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

olepi

Postby olepi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:52 pm

All of the above :)
2019: 42 years on the Net.

SupaFreak

Postby SupaFreak » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm

I vote for something similar to Accolades.

While I think Unique Inspirations are nice but if tradable, I can see that getting abused.

Accolade-type power idea:
"Back in the Game"
On-Click:
Grants +25% Damage, +15% Accuracy, +19% Defense, +20% Resistance, and moderate status protection for 60 seconds. If used while defeated, will Resurrect with 75% Health & 75% Endurance otherwise it will restore 38% Health & 38% Endurance.
60 minute recharge

Something like the boost we used to get upon Leveling Up, but to a lesser extent and aimed at being saved for AVs, end mission bosses, etc.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:49 am

I also went for something similar to accolades.

Not only would accolades be cool to have, they also provide a set of activities that everybody does for each character they really care about. Accolades provide one of several kinds of core content that people can do together many times, because it is fun and useful.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:15 am

It seems important to me that those perks are not perceived as a must have, so they should not impact game play very much or at all. So i am all for visual things, costumes, fireworks power or something like that. It can be cool but it really should not be vital.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 am

1- The ability to unlock a new power effect visual from a special list, only available when the achievement/perk is won and only available to those who unlock it.
2 - Unique inspirations, slightly better than those available through normal gameplay.
3 - Visual costume enhancements of some kind.
4 - A permanent, timed, re-usable buff
5 - An extra, 'unique' secondary power from a special list, available only through the achievement/perk system.
6 - A stats buff of some kind, like an accolade.
7 - Something else, I tell you in the forums.

That one is quite tough, so I go through it individually to try to get to a solution

1. a visual, which is connected to something which needs to be unlocked?
Well that kind of gives me the feeling, that I have restrictions in creating my ideal character - because if I would want to have a certain look the limit might be connected to that and I might not know that I could look like that because I havent played it yet (I admit it kind of rings strange but still who tries to think that way might get what I am going at)
2. Better Inspirations? Well, as long as anyone can get that and there is no problem in finding out, that this option is available I don´t mind (but still I don´t really care about that one)
3. visual costume enhancement - is the same in my opinion as with Nr. 1
4. permanent timed reusable buff - sure why not - goes with the same thought for me as Nr. 2
5. A special power?
Sure I am always for extra powers :) That one surely would seem to me the most interesting - especially with the possiblity of the list - so you can basically choose a fitting power for your character :D
6. The stats buff?
Same as inspirations or permanent reusable buff
As long as ther is the chance for anyone - fine by me

So, having said that - I think I stick with 5 :D
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

SR20Slider

Postby SR20Slider » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:34 pm

I chose accolades for this one.
The first thing I would do on any character after hitting lvl50 was to go around and start collecting all of the accolades.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:48 pm

Other; pet skins or temp combat pet power :)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

RogerCotton

Postby RogerCotton » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:16 pm

I think it would be interesting to acquire a NPC RELATIONSHIP of some sort.

For example, a familial relationship that influences my character's development, and events that occur thereafter. Like a FRAIL GRANDMOTHER, who is targeted by a nemesis. Or, a LOVE INTEREST, who is the subject of attacks by nemeses, and who adds to my character's Strength, Will, or Health because of their love of me and my love of them.

Another type of relationship would be a CONTACT, such as a MILITARY OFFICER in a secret branch of government, who alerts me to missions or events no widely known by other players.

I am game designer, so I would be happy to design such a system for the game.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:28 pm

I like the idea. a nagging wife wondering where you disappear for days at a time when you are in the real world.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 pm

Hmmm, relationship contacts would be hard if you actually enjoy RP. I may have my own story with my own family. Thinking of my main from CoH, she was a dragon literally born from a nightmare of a villain who was afraid of someone just like her catching him. She had no family, was not human, and had zero interest in humans romantically.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 pm

A game that lasts more than 8 years even if I have to donate more than my monthly sub. A 60 second accolade equivalent to demonic would be nice

brando81373

Postby brando81373 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:15 am

All good options, but I like the accolade the best (gives you a nice little buff but does not make you instantly more powerful than someone else. A temporary pet power might be nice (I liked summoning Katie hannon to heal me after the Croatoa task force in COH). That only had a few uses though.

Return to “Polling Discussion”