so many negative comments on Youtube

Turtlesandwich

so many negative comments on Youtube

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:57 am

Just been reading the comments on some of the soh vids. I now feel depressed, i swear i don't want to play with these people.

Nobody can see past the end of their nose!

POSSUMNUTS

Re: so many negative comments on Youtube

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:05 am

Just been reading the comments on some of the soh vids. I now feel depressed, i swear i don't want to play with these people.

Agreed. If we share our game experience and enthusiasm through videos and forum posts, then other potential players will likely open themselves up to a great experience. People will usually resist newer models of a past passion because it’s not exact. If we remain positive and informative, then maybe others will be less negative. I am certain that this is the game our community has desired since the sunset of our city.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:48 am

You know, there are always those who want to see, that the glass is half empty - some people are just not happy if they can´t be unhappy and since they feel that their lives are miserable they can´t stand it, when other peoples lives look nice and good. So they talk others down, to have them on their level because climbing up is to much work but they simply don´t want to be alone down there. And of course because their own misfortune looks even more depressing, if they see others fortune and cannot find a flaw in it ease their state of mind.

And just by the way - you can never know, which of them are trolls having fun, when other people are getting excited or trying to force good arguments out of their minds and seeming to be stressed by it.

And of course it is not something, which one knows, but in todays business behaviour it wouldn´t be surprising to have people in your marketing department who check for potential business oponents and make their lives miserable or talking their work down while they are not a competition yet.

With those thoughts in mind we should always be careful, what we take serious and what not. And if nothing else, remember we know better :) and those we want, will come eventually anyway, because they are also looking for a virtual home like us, with a family-like community and because they are searching for that they will in given time check and when they see the progress which is obvious - they will make up their mind and give it a try, I am sure of that!

And those who are just negative and destructive - like you said you don´t want to play with those - I don´t want to play with those - and all of those former CoH Players and new Travellers in our realms with a kindred spirit will see it that way too - I am sure of that :)
I believe (although not all agree with me as I know, but well not everybodies opinion needs to be the same ;) ) in quality over quantity. The quantity has to be high enough to support the Company and pay the bills - everything else is a nice bonus and as a player I am rather part of an excellent and positive community than of a big community (I don´t believe both is possible)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Solari

Postby Solari » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:30 am

Youtube comments - one of the most toxic troll havens on the internet. I wouldn't worry about it.

Grazer01

Postby Grazer01 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 am

Agreed. If we share our game experience and enthusiasm through videos and forum posts, then other potential players will likely open themselves up to a great experience. People will usually resist newer models of a past passion because it’s not exact. If we remain positive and informative, then maybe others will be less negative. I am certain that this is the game our community has desired since the sunset of our city.

The part about past passion being not exact is what worries me about SEGS.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:22 am

why that? you fear about it not having the feeling or that people won´t accept it or that the expectations will be to high or what do you mean?
Last edited by Avatar PDM on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:30 am

SEGS?
https://www.shipofheroes.com/forums/vie ... egs#p13185
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:56 am

the most recent video has nothing but good comments. or at least I didn't see a bad one.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am

SEGS?
https://www.shipofheroes.com/forums/vie ... egs#p13185
Ah thanks :) not enough sleep - actually have forgotten about that one (getting old I guess :()

Cheesy

Postby Cheesy » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:59 am

I've seen most videos and came away feeling very positive with the comments...
Unoriginal since 2005 (coh issue 5)...

Cheesy from Defiant.

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:19 pm

One post about positive gamer complained that he had not posted any positive videos about the other 2 games and that he was bias.
I pointed out he may not feel positive about the other 2 games and therefore couldn't make a video about them. Some people eh.

So i guess that there is a battle ground of fake news with supporters trying to negatively influence the potential player base, What i hoped would happen is that SOH would differentiate itself from the rest of the field because it is Subscription and not f2p. Therefore different in its development and philosophy to the others. This point doesn't seem to raised enough in the comments and more of it should be made in the videos. Not that we have any control over video content.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:03 am

One post about positive gamer complained that he had not posted any positive videos about the other 2 games and that he was bias.
I pointed out he may not feel positive about the other 2 games and therefore couldn't make a video about them. Some people eh.

So i guess that there is a battle ground of fake news with supporters trying to negatively influence the potential player base, What i hoped would happen is that SOH would differentiate itself from the rest of the field because it is Subscription and not f2p. Therefore different in its development and philosophy to the others. This point doesn't seem to raised enough in the comments and more of it should be made in the videos. Not that we have any control over video content.
like I said - it is sadly part of the business and you don´t know who does what and why
only thing sure is, you cannot trust comments to be altruistic

Grazer01

Postby Grazer01 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am

why that? you fear about it not having the feeling or that people won´t accept it or that the expectations will be to high or what do you mean?
I'm talking about this game and the other successors. People not even trying because they are not exactly like CoH via SEGS.

Gilbegger

Postby Gilbegger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 am

Im not worried about the comments....anyone halfway interested in this type of game WILL TRY IT. We as SOH players just have to remember what made cox great....the community.

Be helpfull /respectfull to new players and things will take care of themselves.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:25 am

Im not worried about the comments....anyone halfway interested in this type of game WILL TRY IT. We as SOH players just have to remember what made cox great....the community.

Be helpfull /respectfull to new players and things will take care of themselves.
Well said Gilbegger

Return to “General Discussion”