A very much appreciated effort!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

longtallbrad

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby longtallbrad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 am

The scrapper Ravvivando, who briefly fought as a member of some supergroup of female East Asian martial artists (probably all created by white dudes...).
I don't remember that supergroup in particular, but I know there were quite a few Real-Life women playing City of Heroes. I am not sure if that was because of the nice and respectful tone of the community or perhaps they contributed to it, but compared to World of Warcraft that came out soon after, it seemed to me that CoH had a higher proportion of women and they were more open about it, I haven't seen many here so far (although it happens), but hopefully they will find the Ship even more of a harassment-free zone than Paragon City was.
I've never played World of Warcraft, but I think I understand what you mean about the CoH community. Just a really special vibe, welcoming and helpful and non-judgmental, mature and pretty much devoid of sexual politics and creepiness, and in my experience totally inclusive of anyone who was there in the right spirit. Sometimes I could infer the gender of the actual human behind the character and sometimes not, but really, it never mattered. We were there to play and create and live out our fantasies and ideals. Or that's how it felt to me, anyway.

longtallbrad

Postby longtallbrad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:25 am

My global handle was Kendall Crisis, and later on changed to just "Kendall". I played on both Freedom and Virtue, but mostly Virtue.
I had around 43 toons. About 17 of those were max'ed out. I played most archetypes, but could not play any kind of melee role (too much "in your face" action, lol). So i would play blasters, defenders, peace bringers, but most of all I played controllers. I would say 80% of my toons were controllers of one type or another. I LOVED to team. The bigger the team the better.

But there were many times I seemed to be the only one on at the time so I would get really really creative and find a nice, polite tank or scrapper to duo with and it was almost always a blast. He or she would round them up into one spot and then I would totally "control" the situation from outside of arms length. The tanks I would team with also seemed to love it. I like to think it was my bubbly personality while chatting them up, but i guess there is a chance it could have been my buffs/healing instead. ;) I made a lot of friends that way.

But the best friends I had were the other girl toons in all girl super groups. I had several of those, but the one that stands out the most was "Justice Girls" on Virtue. I'll also never forget the countless times we had all girl mission teams. We called them "girl's night out". Finally, I just want to say how happy I joined this forum and really love reading the post of other heroes.

:)
Ah, I hear you. I loved to team, also. I had one main tanker, a blaster or two, and a handful of scrappers, but mainly I spent the most enjoyable time with controllers and defenders. I think some part of me just liked the notion of helping teammates while being able to survey the whole unfolding situation. One of those characters looked pretty much like Velma from Scooby-Doo, one was an ancient Sumerian goddess, and another was a little granny in a cardigan sweater and her gray hair in a bun. Ah, those were good, good days.

The Patrioteer

Postby The Patrioteer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:28 pm

I was PatriotPrime Lvl 50 SS/invul Tank Victory Server.

After reading through the last 20 pages, I realize Victory wasn't the favorite of many...Good times tho.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:49 pm

It’s another Victorian! Get him!

Lol

Just kidding we already have our quota. :D

Welcome patriot. Glad you found us. Welcome to the ship We’re in for a hell of a ride this year.

Hang on tight and enjoy
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:24 am

It’s another Victorian! Get him!

Lol

Just kidding we already have our quota. :D

Welcome patriot. Glad you found us. Welcome to the ship We’re in for a hell of a ride this year.

Hang on tight and enjoy

I am now through the 4 pages of the Introduction Main Topic and the first 10 pages of this one here - currently got 4 players who outed themselves being from Victory :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

LittleMissNutmeg

Postby LittleMissNutmeg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello everyone,

This is a long time coming, but I felt the best way for me to get involved was to come over to the forums.

I played two characters on the Virtue server in CoH;

- The first was my alt, a Technology Robotics / Force Fields Mastermind, Foxette. She was my mutant who's only super power was her orange fur, bushy tail and fox-like ears. She wasn't happy that she was considered a mutant, who had no powers. So through her journey, self-discovery and her penchant to get into trouble made her into the rogueish mastermind she was when the servers shut down.

- Then there's my main, who was actually two characters. Before the update to CoV that brought us the Arachnos archetypes (my absolute favourites) I played a Natural Mind Control / Psychic Assault Dominator (who didn't have a hero name, yet). She was a villain and proud of her status as a woman who could control her pesky enemies. Then Arachnos got her, where she became Fortunata Serenity, where she stayed until the game close in 2012.

Thank you for reading a little bit about who I played back in CoH and I look forward to getting to meet everyone!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Welcome all newcomers. Glad to have you with us.

How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 am

Hello everyone,

This is a long time coming, but I felt the best way for me to get involved was to come over to the forums.

I played two characters on the Virtue server in CoH;

- The first was my alt, a Technology Robotics / Force Fields Mastermind, Foxette. She was my mutant who's only super power was her orange fur, bushy tail and fox-like ears. She wasn't happy that she was considered a mutant, who had no powers. So through her journey, self-discovery and her penchant to get into trouble made her into the rogueish mastermind she was when the servers shut down.

- Then there's my main, who was actually two characters. Before the update to CoV that brought us the Arachnos archetypes (my absolute favourites) I played a Natural Mind Control / Psychic Assault Dominator (who didn't have a hero name, yet). She was a villain and proud of her status as a woman who could control her pesky enemies. Then Arachnos got her, where she became Fortunata Serenity, where she stayed until the game close in 2012.

Thank you for reading a little bit about who I played back in CoH and I look forward to getting to meet everyone!
Hello back :)
always nice and interesting if someone gives a little bit of his/her lore, it adds just so much to the RPG thought and the right atmoshpere - so - you are welcome :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

G-Rage

Postby G-Rage » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Hello everyone,
My main character was a SS/Invul tank called G-Rage on Liberty server. At first as you can tell it was basically the Incredible Hulk because that was my favorite character. A little slap on the wrist got the creative juices going and I made some slight mods to the character. I added tattoos, cool shades, a beard and anyone remember those giant armored gloves? Really made it my own and gave me a serious case of altitius. I must made 40 or 50 different characters across the servers, mostly tanks and scrappers. I loved drawing aggro with my taunts and being the big green shield for my team. I played CoH from almost the very beginning until they shut the servers down. I look forward to diving head first into the action when the Ship of Heroes sails. (yes I went there..sorry got a little corny at the end)

PS raise your hand if you got one of these...lol
Subject
City of Heroes Trademark Violation

Discussion Thread
Response (Stefannie) 11/24/2004 07:07 PM
Hello,

We would like to thank you for your understanding in our attempt to create a more friendly and positive playing environment. Your character(s) were discovered in game with a costume that resembled a copyrighted character. In an effort to limit the interruption of your game play as much as possible, the costume(s) has been reset to basic tights. For each costume that has been reset your character has been granted a free costume change at any Icon tailor shop. This is a follow up message to inform you of our policy regarding this issue.

Account: Cbeck59945
Character Name: G-Rage
Costume Slots Changed: 1st slot
Copyrighted Character: The Incredible Hulk
Server: Liberty

Please make sure that your new costume is unique and does not in any way resemble a copyrighted character. If you have any other characters with costumes that in any way resemble a copyrighted character they are also in violation of the EULA and will have to be changed. Please reply to this email with a list of any characters on your account that have costumes matching or resembling copyrighted characters. Make sure you specify which costume slots on each character need to be changed. We will reset each costume to plain tights and at the same time grant the character a free costume change at the Icon tailor shop for each reset costume slot. This will allow your character to change to a new costume of your own design that is not in violation of the copyright without costing any influence. The support team will not modify any Titles the character may have as a result of this incident. Failure to comply with this request may result in account suspensions or termination if your account is discovered violating copyright policies in the future.

Thank you for your cooperation and attention to this matter.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 pm

I remember you G-Rage. or at least I remember the name. Welcome to the ship. glad you found us.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

LaughingLandry

Postby LaughingLandry » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Hello All,

I was ThermaCat, Atomic Apothecary, Thumb Tack, and Tradewind, just to name a few. All on Freedom Server.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Welcome LaughingLandry and G-Rage. Glad to have you aboard.

How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Zanpakuto559

Postby Zanpakuto559 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 pm

Character Name: Paragon Hero Neos
Archetype: Peace Bringer
Super Group: The Atlas Park Charity Service (Leader)
Server: Freedom

Barbequeen

Postby Barbequeen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm

Howdy all! My name in CoH was Barbequeen, and I was a proud member of the Justice Brigade on the Justice server. I was a fire blaster suffering from a bit of altitis, though always came back to good ole Barb. I was not there for the last days of CoH, but have been feeling nostalgic lately for an MMO that brought back the same feelings I had playing there. Ship of Heroes looks like it may fit the bill. Funny though, I still have some of the pictures I took in game and some of the "documents" I made for Barbequeen's Crey Files. I miss that site and hope something like that happens for the heroes of Ship of Fools.

Return to “Introductions”