Personal Vehicles

lunawisp

Re: Personal Vehicles

Postby lunawisp » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 am

If you have to have flying motorcycles, maybe they should be 'ordinary' ones till you learn to do a wheelie to point them skywards... then vooom, off you go :lol:
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:06 am

I am all for personal vehicles
what I am not sure about is, if that is about travel tools and equipment or about or vehicles as if sitting in or on something.
With travelling in general I would like those (more or less as I think) easy variations:
One is the Jet Pack or something similar (as it is alreay planned as I heard) and a Hoverboard or Discs (I am thinking about something like the Silver Surfer has or (I am being complicated again ;) ) like Terrax (who surfs on a piece of Rock) or Mr. Miracle (has those nice Discs ;) ).
With those tools one should still be able to do aerial combat.
Those are actually some of my favorite flight methods. I would also like to be able to sprout wings when I select fly on a few of my characters.

I also want to pick the colors of the flying objects and wings etc so they fit within my color scheme.

Terrax's Flying rock would be perfect for my stone tank. Ace would love a flying disk. while My beach guy with the 'Golden Tan' would love the surfboard.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:38 am

I am all for personal vehicles
what I am not sure about is, if that is about travel tools and equipment or about or vehicles as if sitting in or on something.
With travelling in general I would like those (more or less as I think) easy variations:
One is the Jet Pack or something similar (as it is alreay planned as I heard) and a Hoverboard or Discs (I am thinking about something like the Silver Surfer has or (I am being complicated again ;) ) like Terrax (who surfs on a piece of Rock) or Mr. Miracle (has those nice Discs ;) ).
With those tools one should still be able to do aerial combat.
Those are actually some of my favorite flight methods. I would also like to be able to sprout wings when I select fly on a few of my characters.

I also want to pick the colors of the flying objects and wings etc so they fit within my color scheme.

Terrax's Flying rock would be perfect for my stone tank. Ace would love a flying disk. while My beach guy with the 'Golden Tan' would love the surfboard.
Sounds like a plan :)
Yes you are right of course (by the way) I actually forgot the wings (must have ;))
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Grazer01

Postby Grazer01 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:55 am

My wife wants a horse............lol

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:02 am

My wife wants a horse............lol
See - thats what I am talking about :D
I just say: Pegasus :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:11 am

I want a hovercat!

IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:15 am

I want a hovercat!

all about cats and dogs, aren´t you ;)?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 am

I have it on good Authority that he is cohabitation with a Cat

Clandestine picture below submitted as proof.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:27 am

I have it on good Authority that he is cohabitation with a Cat

Clandestine picture below submitted as proof.

kind of looks like his civiliain identity - no cape and comouflaged look ;)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:34 am

I did say it was Clandestine...

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:17 am

I did say it was Clandestine...
ok accepted :)

sensible

Postby sensible » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:00 am

I'm kind of in favor of robot controlled taxis and other high speed vehicles so my hero can give chase while blasting at a fleeing villain (or flee while blasting at speedy pursuers)

Healy

Postby Healy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:40 am

I voted for "other"...the items on the list seem so traditional....while tossing aside all considerations for the work it takes to develop such features, I would like to see something that aligns with the overall concept of SOH at a more progressive level than just a taxi or something......I guess I could live with a modern motorcycle like item that would get me from point a to point b much quicker and cooler than other means, but something even more creative (either modern/futuristic, or wacky and unexpected) beyond a typical mode of transportation would be my next desire...

for wacky directional thoughts.
  • how about a tube like banks have to send items back and forth from car to teller
    • how about a pinball like launcher that you use your timing skills to set the spring compression and then it launches you a variable distance....as you get more used to how the settings work, you become more capable in getting distance and accuracy.
      • how about a hole you jump into that has air blowing into it from the side, the venturi effect sucks you into the high speed air and spits you out to unfathomable distances
        • How about a city wide, multistop rollercoaster (maybe during special events so it more episodic)

it's late so these ideas might be too far off target....I also have no idea why my bullets are sequentially indented and why they change bullet type.... LOL...!

what other fun/different ideas do you all have?

Healy

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 pm

it's late so these ideas might be too far off target....I also have no idea why my bullets are sequentially indented and why they change bullet type.... LOL...!

what other fun/different ideas do you all have?

Healy
Off-target... bullets... travel powers...

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:16 pm

I voted for "other"
just do your [list][/list] one time and for each new bullet put in a bracketed star [*]

Example

[list] Item A
[*] Item B
[*] Item C
[*] Item D[/list]

will look like this

• Item A
  • Item B
  • Item C
  • Item D

Putting a [list] inside a [list] and a [/list] (or two [list]'s together with out closing them out with a [/list]) gives you the sub bullets you did

Example

[list] [list] [/list] [/list]

Return to “Polling Discussion”