What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Blaze Rocker

Re: What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 am

Gerald_Deemer
More like wrestling moves. Even if you just could slam the smaller enemies to the ground with some kind of knock back effect.
Powers and attacks with knock back/up/down are going to be in the game. Syncing up player characters and NPCs in wrestling type grapples can be problematic. Making moves and attacks without grappling is just easier. I'll let one of the guy's with the site fill you in and explain it better.
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 am

Gerald_Deemer
More like wrestling moves. Even if you just could slam the smaller enemies to the ground with some kind of knock back effect.
Powers and attacks with knock back/up/down are going to be in the game. Syncing up player characters and NPCs in wrestling type grapples can be problematic. Making moves and attacks without grappling is just easier. I'll let one of the guy's with the site fill you in and explain it better.
I´m talking about a grab and throw move. That´s not difficult. You can do that with cars and crates in Champions Online. Every MMO RPG has knock backs/ups/downs but no one has grapples. Would make the game and some of the melee classes/archetypes very iconic.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Grappling is a cool idea, but we've never considered it.

If you have a couple of video clips showing examples of what you think are cool grappling examples, please post the links, and thanks.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm

DCUO has a great travel powerset that uses grapples, called Acrobatics. Here is a video covering the set, including using the grappling hooks and pulleys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbPPuELwDw

While flight is the most efficient travel power, just like every other game that has flight, Acrobatics is definitely the most fun.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

KeyboardNotPresent

Postby KeyboardNotPresent » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:13 pm

A Teleportation power set like Nighcrawler had in Marvel Heroes would be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtlVyBfFUs

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:32 am

Grappling is a cool idea, but we've never considered it.

If you have a couple of video clips showing examples of what you think are cool grappling examples, please post the links, and thanks.
If not wrestling, then an easier method might be lariats, whips, and grapple hook shot, would be easier to animate/implement, where if you hit the target, it gets pulled towards you in a short duration stun attack.

As a Travel power, Champions Online uses the grappling line in a rather straight forward animation of the character shooting a line to the sky when they leap, a'la Spiderman web slinging. But, you do not see the attachment point, and it is assumed that the character is finding hook spots, even under water, or in a flat desert/arctic terrain. Suspension of disbelief is of course, paramount in all fantasy and sci-fi games.
Odee says,
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

CriticalHit425

Postby CriticalHit425 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:44 pm

I used to write superhero comics, and speed was always my thing. But, as I grew, I found that multiple powersets would be cool. I have a whole roster, but Ill just give potential powers:

Sound - Sound Blasts, Superjump, Superspeed with sound contrail
Neon - Ever play Infamous Second Son or Infamous First Light? I'm talking something like Fetch's power in those games. Look it up, its awesome.
Digital - Transportation through technology, creation of digital objects
Fire And Ice - These are obvious, but Modes of Transport would be a little different. Ice terrain for Ice heroes, like Frozone from The Incredibles or Incredibles 2, and Flight for fire heroes, such as F.I.R.E.S.T.O.R.M. from The Flash TV show or The Human Torch from Fantastic 4
Dark - I believe it's been mentioned before, but darkness manipulation would be fun.
Wind - From what I hear, this will be already achievable in game, as flight and blasts will be able to be flavored as a wind power.
Strength- A given, but possibly hard to have a mode of transportation for.

Just some ideas, but that first one, Sound, would be really awesome. Light/Neon would also be great, but I bet you could flavor that with the current options.

Would a Dev mind looking at these? It would be great if I could get a response as to if any of these are possible.
I'm aware my username has a typo in it; it should say 424

Anyone even thinks about taking the name Tempo and I will murder them. ;) ;) ;)

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am

SS & INV

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”