What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Blaze Rocker

Re: What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:16 am

Gerald_Deemer
More like wrestling moves. Even if you just could slam the smaller enemies to the ground with some kind of knock back effect.
Powers and attacks with knock back/up/down are going to be in the game. Syncing up player characters and NPCs in wrestling type grapples can be problematic. Making moves and attacks without grappling is just easier. I'll let one of the guy's with the site fill you in and explain it better.
Truth > Propaganda

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:01 am

Gerald_Deemer
More like wrestling moves. Even if you just could slam the smaller enemies to the ground with some kind of knock back effect.
Powers and attacks with knock back/up/down are going to be in the game. Syncing up player characters and NPCs in wrestling type grapples can be problematic. Making moves and attacks without grappling is just easier. I'll let one of the guy's with the site fill you in and explain it better.
I´m talking about a grab and throw move. That´s not difficult. You can do that with cars and crates in Champions Online. Every MMO RPG has knock backs/ups/downs but no one has grapples. Would make the game and some of the melee classes/archetypes very iconic.
I need to be on this ship!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Grappling is a cool idea, but we've never considered it.

If you have a couple of video clips showing examples of what you think are cool grappling examples, please post the links, and thanks.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:24 pm

DCUO has a great travel powerset that uses grapples, called Acrobatics. Here is a video covering the set, including using the grappling hooks and pulleys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbPPuELwDw

While flight is the most efficient travel power, just like every other game that has flight, Acrobatics is definitely the most fun.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”