Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Golden Ace

Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:33 pm

I started thinking what I would like to see in a Base and or the types of bases and who can have access to them.

CoH plot sizes were the following for lack of a reference in SoH I’ll be using the same sizes in the below.

• Tiny Hidden Spot 8x8
  • Small Hidden Spot 8x12
  • Hidden Spot 12x12
  • Small Secret Location 12x16
  • Secret Location 16x16
  • Large Secret Location 16x20
  • Small Hidden Complex 20x20
  • Hidden Complex 20x24
  • Large Hidden Complex 24x24
  • Massive Hidden Complex 24x28
Leaving out the secure locations as they fall within the same sizes as above and they can always be addressed later.

1. Personal Lair I would like SoH to one-up CoH and see everyone start with a Personal Lair such as what Batman and Superman had i.e. the Batcave, and the Fortress of Solitude. I would like to see everyone start with a nameable Tiny Hidden Spot and be able to eventually upgrade to a Small Hidden Complex 20x20 through the accumulation of prestige (using prestige for lack of a word for SoH) much the way your CoH Super Group bases were made. This is your sanctuary where you can get away from it all. (Unless you have a mission that takes you to your Lair, or an ambush, or maybe the zoo animals got loose.)

Useful items should be limited and you will need to go to your Super Group Base or someplace else for many things such as an auction house, teleporters, crafting, etc…

I believe Personal Lairs should have personal storage, a teleporter to your Super Group Base, and one to any personally accessible location you choose in the outside world (on the ship) (basically giving you the chance to set your door / lair location)

Personal Lairs should have items in them that are unique to your character.

• Badge, Accolade and trophy display cases. – be able to display all the badges or badge groups you acquire in your career
    • A giant penny, a T-Rex, statue of you, or one or two of your heroic ancestors etc... In other words something large - the number of large items would depend on room size.
    • Posters you can put on your walls of your character in heroic poses or knocking out Villains you defeated along with iconic heroes.
    • Pedestals where you can place items you picked up during one of your missions.
    • Your own Personal Zoo filled with dangerous and alien animals/creatures.
    • An NPC or several NPC's (Human, robot or alien) walking around, dusting, feeding the animals in your zoo, vehicle maintenance etc.
    • Costume stands (think batcave costume stands)
    • A weapons lab where you can tweak your power colors?
    • Garage the ability to place your vehicle or vehicles (if we do ever get vehicles) in your personal Lair
    • Multiple levels Make the rooms high enough that one room can have multiple levels (for extra cost)
    • Windows showing the outside world. The ability to choose a building and put a window (or several) as seen from that building in your base so you can see a live view of the city. perhaps overlooking the arch or heroic plaza etc. (or have a large selection of windows available in which to choose from)
    • Open skies have the ceiling changeable to an open sky graphic. the ceiling is still there but it appears as if you are outside
    • Intractable Chairs/Furniture click on a chair and you sit in it.
    • Picture frames accessible to screenshots be able to put screenshots into a picture frame and be able to trade the completed picture to others.
    Zoo and NPC example
  2. Super Group Bases going with CoH on this one with the exception of starting with a small Hidden spot instead of a tiny spot and adding a Gigantic Hidden Complex 28x28. Super Group Bases are the heart of your Super Group.

• Super Group Bases should have teleporters to just about anywhere (eventually) along with a teleporter to your personal lair and one to any other Super Group Base in your meta group/League. Useful devices and items such as group storage, crafting stations, temporary powers, etc.
    • Super Group Badges, Accolades and trophy display cases. – be able to display all the badges or badge groups your Super Group acquires
    • A giant penny, a T-Rex, statue of SG members, In other words large items - the number of large items would depend on room size.
    • Posters you can put on your walls of your Super Group in heroic poses or fighting Villains you defeated along with iconic heroes or hero groups
    • Pedestals where you can place items you picked up during one of your missions.
    • An NPC or several NPC's (Human, robot or alien) walking around, dusting, vehicle maintenance etc.
    • SG Zoo also?
    • Costume stands for all current members of the SG
    • Multiple levels. Make the rooms high enough that one room can have multiple levels (for extra cost)
    • View screens. A view screen that can be placed on your SG wall. Perhaps the SG base is a satellite of the Justice, or its own ship that travels with the Justice as it traverses through space. Thus allowing the view screen to show a shot of a rotating ship, passing stars and or planets, space stations, attacking ships etc... that the Justice comes across.
    • Windows showing the outside world. The ability to choose a building and put a window (or several) as seen from that building in your base so you can see a live view of the city. perhaps overlooking the arch or heroic plaza etc. (or have a large selection of windows available in which to choose from)
    • Open skies have the ceiling changeable to an open sky graphic. the ceiling is still there but it appears as if you are outside
    • Intractable Chairs/Furniture click on a chair and you sit in it.
    • Picture frames accessible to screenshots be able to put screenshots into a picture frame and be able to trade the completed picture to others.
  3. Leagues/Meta Groups A League is a conglomeration of several Super Groups who assist each other in big missions and members are able to enter and use items in each others Super Group Bases (teleporters, enhancement equipment, etc... but not base storage).
Oh and can we get rid of hallways or at least make them editable, I always hated them because you couldn’t add anything in them.

These are my thoughts and all are welcome to make suggestions, as a matter of fact I look forward to suggestions in this.

Base building features I would like added.

These features were if you clicked on an object and pressed the
  • ALT key and scrolled with your mouse the object you clicked on would rotate (should work on wall objects too).
  • Shift key and scrolled with your mouse the object you clicked on would raise or lower (depending on the direction you scrolled)
  • Control key this would enable you to move the object around the room but would keep it at the same level
  • The ability to click on multiple blocks and move or copy them (to be placed later) them as a unit
  • The ability to change the color on everything we place down.
  • The ability to turn on / off , control the volume, or change sounds connected with base items
Last edited by Golden Ace on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Dirtsleeper

Re: Super Group Bases and Personal Lair Suggestions

Postby Dirtsleeper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:23 pm

Just so I understand. Are the only two purposes of the Meta Group to be able to visit each other's Super Group Bases and to assist on their missions?
Ship of Heroes Programmer

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Just so I understand. Are the only two purposes of the Meta Group to be able to visit each other's Super Group Bases and to assist on their missions?
pretty much, its a way of expanding your SG without actually expanding them.

CoH had this. for instance a big Super Group has all the teleporters and you need to get to X to help out a friend you can use their teleporter to do so. there is also a chat channel with this.

so you can see what your group is saying if they are asking for help or you are asking for help and have someplace to post it.

it does not allow you access to another supergroup's storage but you can use some of their enhancement stuff. and who doesn't love looking at other people's bases for ideas?

basically I belonged to a group then left it to start my own personal SG for more storage. but kept the link to the old SG for base usage. bunch of us ended up doing this.

perhaps with a personal lair the storage thing might not be needed.

Dirtsleeper

Postby Dirtsleeper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:20 pm

It's sounds like it would really only be useful at first since after the super groups grow for a little while, they wouldn't really need the assistance of other super groups. You could make the argument that it would still be beneficial for the mission assistance but I believe the missions would have a maximum amount of participants that aren't necessarily required to be from the same super group. I don't know how this worked in coh but to me it makes sense to me if it were to operate in this manner.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:46 pm

I agree, at first is when you would need it the most. When an established Super Group takes a new Super Group under their wing who could use the help. and it also depends on how large the Super Group in question is. Some had as little as one or two members others had upward of 50.

there was a fairly large social aspect to it also. Sorry I'm sure given time I could remember a lot of the mechanic as to why it was around, but the fog of time is getting to me.

Any thoughts on the Personal Lairs?

Dirtsleeper

Postby Dirtsleeper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:24 pm

Yea I think it's definitely a cool idea. WoW did something very similar in Warlords of Draenor but at the cost of a ton of dev time. That would be my only worry with that type of feature.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm

Yea I think it's definitely a cool idea. WoW did something very similar in Warlords of Draenor but at the cost of a ton of dev time. That would be my only worry with that type of feature.
I wonder if it would be feasible to farm out decoration items to some of the more talented forum goers? Items that don't do anything, like a desk, table, phone, walls (paneling, trim etc), bricks, boxes, tree's and plants, etc. The forum person makes the items and submits it to the dev's for review who have the final say on accepting it or not. The dev would still have to review it, but they would not have to make it saving a time. :/

never been done that I have heard of before.

just a thought.

FYI

I played WoW for a bit when it first came out. World of Walking era. :D I think made it to level 24 but was already playing CoH so didn't stick with it. then started in again after CoH shut down after jumping to half a dozen other games and played WoW up until when changed my pally for Legion. Hated the changes to his powers, and just couldn't bare to play him anymore, so even though I bought legion I never played it.

Dirtsleeper

Postby Dirtsleeper » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:18 pm

The cost of Dev time isn't an issue of art assets, it's an issue if the underlying functionality of all the back end systems that make everything work together.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:35 pm

The cost of Dev time isn't an issue of art assets, it's an issue if the underlying functionality of all the back end systems that make everything work together.
I sit corrected. Thank you for the information.

Have a great night.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:14 am

The most important part is for an SG to have its own chat room. That's what should be there at launch and that's pretty easy to do i think. Other parts should wait until we have a nice sizable game, that should be a priority.

Dirtsleeper

Postby Dirtsleeper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

The most important part is for an SG to have its own chat room. That's what should be there at launch and that's pretty easy to do i think. Other parts should wait until we have a nice sizable game, that should be a priority.
Don't quote me on this but I believe this is already implemented and if it's not, it's really close to being functional.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am

Definitely appreciate the amount of coding that goes into this, but also very definitely something that needs to be in SoH eventually :P I loved that aspect of CoH, and spent many happy hours designing and tweaking my SG base. Happy to wait, for however long that takes, of course, as long as I know it's on the roadmap :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:55 pm

adding
  • Multiple levels. Make the rooms high enough that one room can have multiple levels (for extra cost)
  • View screens. A view screen that can be placed on your SG wall. Perhaps the SG base is a satellite of the Justice, or its own ship that travels with the Justice as it traverses through space. Thus allowing the view screen to show a shot of a rotating ship, passing stars and or planets, space stations, attacking ships etc... that the Justice comes across.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:27 pm

Paying for items, and currencies for Super Group Bases (SGBs) and Personal Lairs (PLs)

The currencies would be used for

• Upgrading Plots Sizes
  • Rent
  • Upkeep / Maintenance
  • New items
  • New Rooms
  • Wages (for NPC’s)
  • Feed (for your zoo)
Suggested Currencies – I came up with a bunch of names of possible currencies for PLs and SGBs

Notability, Celebrity, Regard, Reputation, Esteem, Prestige, Repute, Fame, Stature, Respect, Status, Standing, Reverence, Veneration, Honor, tribute, Pride, Deference. – Thesauruses are not just dinosaurs… :D

Really doesn’t matter what we call the suggested currency or currencies, but for the below I’m just calling them SGB and PL currency.

Suggesting for every 100 dust you earn you also earn 100 SGB currency (if you are in one), and 100 PL currency while they are used for similar items SGB currency cannot be used for your PL and vice versa.

Costs for SGBs and PLs can be worked out later but I think that prices should be similar for the same items. SGB currency would go directly into your SGB coffers to be used by the SG leader(s) for Rent, upgrading, adding items, etc… for your SGB. PL currency would be for your own PL so everyone would have a chance to build their own PL as they want.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Golden Ace you have said ...
I wonder if it would be feasible to farm out decoration items to some of the more talented forum goers? Items that don't do anything, like a desk, table, phone, walls (paneling, trim etc), bricks, boxes, tree's and plants, etc.

The forum person makes the items and submits it to the dev's for review who have the final say on accepting it or not. The dev would still have to review it, but they would not have to make it saving a time. :/never been done that I have heard of before. just a thought. FYI
Played SOE games like EQ2 ,and Landmark , Sony was starting to implement just that kind of creation from the users Just before Sony sold there games to Daybrake ... and Daybrake went the way of NCsoft and murdered the players ...

But Golden Ace the farming of decoration to the users is a Grate thought ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “Supergroups”