bugs I've found this round

indigowulf

bugs I've found this round

Postby indigowulf » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:27 am

Running list of things I found this event, will edit to add instead of posting multiple.

fireball DoT is not always ticking, even when enemy bar shows the debuff that says dot when you mouse over it, their health doesn't always change
On the other hand, plasma bolt doesn't show the debuff on the enemy even when it is ticking away.
Also, same 2 powers; I just had 2 nags standing close by, and both of those powers hit both nags, they dropped dead together. Neither power states it is an aoe
(happened again, 2 standing close. this time I was able to get more details. they were not the same level, so not a dupe mob. i got rewards for both. the lower level died first while I targeted the higher level, they were both getting equal damage dealt)

Attempted to reproduce the issue with "dark ray" on dark power set, which specifies single target. The issue did not repeat. Are fireball/plasma bolt small aoe and just not specified in the powers descriptions?

Ice devastator powers (at least javelin and glacier) are not showing cool down overlay after use.

brawler lucky power set; optimism says permanent, but it also says 10 seconds, and that's the real time. (another power in this set is perma, so it may have been copied from there by mistake)

Costume bug: pic on discord

I see giant heads aren't fixed, she stayed like this (pic on discord) til I killed her. Others are just popping and going away like before. it only happens when they are in melee. if they are held or out of range, it doesn't happen

There's still 1 hole on the roof of the gold building, a triangle of missing roof that you can fall inside the building from. The rest seem to be fixed, yay!

2 minor map graphics issues, pics on discord.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

lunawisp

Re: bugs I've found this round

Postby lunawisp » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:24 am

To add to that:
Something's a bit off with the accuracy. It either takes little to no account of target level or it's inverted. I hardly ever miss things near my level but things 9 levels below me seem to be able to dodge with ease! Also, if we do miss, could we please have a miss icon or text appear somewhere, maybe over the target's body or maybe make the power's effect actually miss the target as well. When the beam, or whatever, clearly hits the target, it's a bit strange to do zero damage.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:28 am

a chat window with combat info would be nice for that.. you rolled a 4, you needed a 5, you miss.. etc

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:05 pm

Lots of teaming issues. Could send invites but the didn't pop on other peoples screen (randomly, sometimes they would)
Had people on the team who's face would disappear from the circle on their health bar, when that happened they could not be targeted for heals or anything else.
Draw issues were nasty- players and mobs disappear even at very close range.

Yow

Postby Yow » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:16 pm

I'll post here (instead of making a new topic).
I don't check this forum a lot. So I'm sorry if I'm repeating earlier messages.
It's a mix of suggestions and bug reporting.
  • It would be nice if team members have a different colour name. I sometimes have no clue where my team mates are when I try to heal them. Especially If they are flying; I can't see the white text against the white sky.
  • "Right-click > invite to team" would be nice. Or just make it easier to join/leave a team in general.
  • I would like to see my own name in the team list and having a more compact team list. Currently there is no team leader indicator, correct?
  • Can't choose "no" when asked if I would like to respawn.
  • When I die and respawn, it takes ~5 seconds before my character stands up, but I can move while still lying down.
  • Avatar faces are slightly zooming in and out.
  • Invisible inventory items.
  • Healing team members doesn't seem the work at times.
  • Dealing no damage (server lag?) after respawn.
  • Seeing health percentage instead of health points.
  • When the team leader is disconnected. Leadership doesn't go to the next in line?
    (I'm level 20 btw)
I hope my findings will help to improve the game. If it didn't; at least I tried :)

Return to “Feedback on the Invasion”