How many hours will you play Ship of Heroes each week?

Gerald_Deemer

Re: How many hours will you play Ship of Heroes each week?

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:22 am

Definately more than 20 hours per week but the most of it at weekends.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Tolk63

Postby Tolk63 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Likewise!

RoyalTree

Postby RoyalTree » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 pm

I really can't give a definitive number as my play time has slowed way down. But I imagine I will shoot for 12+ hrs a week but it may end up more like 3-7hrs a week.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Definitely 20+ hours a week in the beginning, more likely 40+ hours a week for a while. But then I will settle down to about 20 hours a week...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:15 pm

I have to expect 20+. It will probably replace much of my time on Homecoming.

Siren

Postby Siren » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:24 am

Seeing as I'm retired, and knowing my time spent on my current, and past games, it'll be well over 40hrs a week, even more perhaps if the game is interesting enough to me. Currently I play Black Desert Online and Overwatch, and I easily spend 70 in OW, and gosh, w/overnight afk'ing (a feature of BDO for lifeskills) 80-130hrs a week in that game.

Little perspective, in BDO I can spend, like today, a Saturday, where I spent in RL, 4hrs building our home gym, watering trees, making lasagna and watched "Bad Boys for Life" during that time, I afk horse trained in BDO the entire day, for 9hrs, but as I type this, my actual 'online' play is about to start w/some mob grinding, lifeskills (money making) and some other stuff. Then from there, I'll prolly spend a few hours, 1-3 on OW before bed. But, again, BDO is set up for afk'ing alot, where SoH wont be, and OW certainly isnt, so gotta keep that in mind. From my memory though, I would probably spend anywhere from 2-6hrs a day in CoH.

xpaceseven

Postby xpaceseven » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 pm

Missions will come in a few varieties, including story arcs from the Founding Five superheroes, task forces for teams as small as three players, enemies to fight in engineering tunnels for low-level teams that want to just have some pure combat (a la CoH’s sewer runs), and reward missions that can be found in the city that promise rich rewards for players but will also feature some high difficulty. And speaking of difficulty, players can adjust the difficulty of their missions depending on their preferences or team makeup.

Odee

Postby Odee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:20 am

... enemies to fight in engineering tunnels for low-level teams that want to just have some pure combat (a la CoH’s sewer runs), and reward missions that can be found in the city that promise rich rewards for players but will also feature some high difficulty. And speaking of difficulty, players can adjust the difficulty of their missions depending on their preferences or team makeup.
🤔So now the DFB runs, will become DIET? Death In Engineering Tunnels? 👀

I am all aboard on this one! 👍👏
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:44 am

Yes, you can join my SG! GA is ready.

I've read that for many new MMOs 20 hours a week or a bit more is a common average.

I think we will likely be able to support this too. Our current issue is that a lot of our missions seem to be either 30 minutes or 60 minutes long. Speed runs can be done of course, but I'm talking about playing normally. We have not created a lot of 4-5 minutes missions though.

With our current system it seems to take us a couple of months to get a new arc built and de-bugged and then deployed. So whenever we launch we will have more missions and content in the hopper, under construction.

happydolphin

Postby happydolphin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:57 pm

I'm spending 20 hours on the character creator. :lol:

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:27 pm

We are kind of swamped with stuff, so I have not mentioned this, but there are new costumes in the CCT.

So really, we should all look around and not assume that what we saw in March and April is what we're launching with. At a guess, maybe eight new costumes? So far.

Oh, and some single pieces including some new headgear.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:20 pm

We are kind of swamped with stuff, so I have not mentioned this, but there are new costumes in the CCT.

So really, we should all look around and not assume that what we saw in March and April is what we're launching with. At a guess, maybe eight new costumes? So far.

Thanks for that tidbit of information. Can't wait to see them :)
Will it be possible to change the costume after character creation at launch or do we need to get it right first time?
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:13 pm

Will it be possible to change the costume after character creation at launch or do we need to get it right first time?
it looks as if you can edit your character everytime before logging in.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:42 pm

it looks as if you can edit your character everytime before logging in.
That hopefully got fixed from last time we had a beta. I tried it, and it failed every time, saying "a character already exists with that name" as if I was trying to make a new character instead of editing an existing one.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:33 am

it looks as if you can edit your character every time before logging in.
You mean At the Load Character/Select Screen, correct? Where you select the character, and then Click the Option Button to Edit it?

:idea: :) ;)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Polling Discussion”