What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

GladDog

Re: What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

Postby GladDog » Sun May 12, 2019 1:55 pm

I loved the Crey Industries arc. It slowly developed and pulled you in. At times, it seemed like you were narrowly staying on the heroes path. It was one of the few early arcs that was top notch.

Freak'Lympics was a lot of fun as well. I loved the ITF. The villain arc where you are trying to 'save' Ghost Widow and her henchman was also impressive. Oh, yeah, The Rikti arc on the villain side, where you are helping the Rikti but not actually helping them... man, there was some good stuff right around that time.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Re: What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

Postby Golden Ace » Sun May 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Over time as more votes some in people are gravitating a little bit to us launching with a more complete game. That's not too surprising as COH is now out on private servers.
Well, COT seems to be finished as the 1st spiritual successor of COH anyway.
COH is playable on private servers right now but this can`t be a reason for the community to wait even longer for SOH. I for myself want something new finally. I`m shocked.

Hey Gerald,

saw this earlier and it threw me for a bit but it being mother's day and all I didn't have time to post a reply.

now when you say finished. what do you mean? you think they have a completed game? or do you think they are no longer in the running? If so what is your reasoning?

I have my own Ideas, but I might be a bit to close to the whole thing so I am really interested in what others think.

Thank you.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

gemini

Postby gemini » Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 pm

The Carnival of shadows arc (where your contact turns evil) was a lot of fun.

My favorite mission arcs when i first leveled to 50 in I1 days were the PI Praetorian missions.

Currently on the homecoming server I'm playing through the Night Ward and Dark Astoria incarnate arcs. Very interesting story.

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon May 13, 2019 12:33 pm

The Carnival of shadows arc (where your contact turns evil) was a lot of fun.

My favorite mission arcs when i first leveled to 50 in I1 days were the PI Praetorian missions.

Currently on the homecoming server I'm playing through the Night Ward and Dark Astoria incarnate arcs. Very interesting story.
Yeah the Nightmare Dream arcs were a blast! Makes me wonder if SOH will have something similar for Halloween? ;) ;) nudge-nudge
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue May 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Over time as more votes some in people are gravitating a little bit to us launching with a more complete game. That's not too surprising as COH is now out on private servers.
COH is playable on private servers right now but this can`t be a reason for the community to wait even longer for SOH. I for myself want something new finally. I`m shocked.

Hey Gerald,

saw this earlier and it threw me for a bit but it being mother's day and all I didn't have time to post a reply.

now when you say finished. what do you mean? you think they have a completed game? or do you think they are no longer in the running? If so what is your reasoning?

I have my own Ideas, but I might be a bit to close to the whole thing so I am really interested in what others think.

Thank you.
Just wanted to say that COT will be the first game that will be finished. (COT, SOH, VO, H&V). After watching the latest videos (COT) my guess is that they could step into beta later this year. Full release early 2020. So this spiritual successor of COH will probably making the race between all these upcoming superhero mmo rpgs.

But being first doesn`t mean being best right?
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue May 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Heroes and Villains continues to show no progress other than character models that can be cranked out in a couple of hours, which is mostly why I left them to their own demise in 2017. I urged them multiple times to increase their development staff and even offered valuable promotional assistance and Golden Girl declined every single time. Either GG is aiming for absolute perfection and she doesn't care how long it takes to get there or H&V is nothing but a hobby project for her and it'll launch whenever she wants it to regardless of what her followers want.

So yeah, H&V will definitely be the last to launch if it ever does. It's such a shame too. The game that was coming from what the forum members were suggesting/offering had a lot of promise. I really wanted to play it.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue May 14, 2019 7:08 pm

Hey Gerald,

Thank you.
Just wanted to say that COT will be the first game that will be finished. (COT, SOH, VO, H&V). After watching the latest videos (COT) my guess is that they could step into beta later this year. Full release early 2020. So this spiritual successor of COH will probably making the race between all these upcoming superhero mmo rpgs.

But being first doesn`t mean being best right?
I have to differ with you on this list. CoT is not going to be ready for beta before SoH is ready for beta. If it is, I would be very surprised. VERY VERY surprised. CoT has one litmus test that they have not reached; having a game that is developed enough for fans to play. Well over 200 players were in the login test for SoH, and quite a few participated in the Combat Alpha. A lot will get the chance to make characters in the upcoming CCT test, and after that should come a wide invite invasion test. AFAIK, no players have spent a second in the world of City of Titans.

I do hope CoT releases and has a fun game. But, I don't think they will have a playable game for wide alpha or beta release before Ship of Heroes.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue May 14, 2019 8:01 pm

CoT hasn't done a character creator alpha yet. we did our first one in 2017, we'll have another one soon. all they have shown was small snippets of theirs strung together.

CoT has yet to show a finished city that non-devs can visit. We have shown Apotheosis City off many times to press, supporters and the public.

We have a tested combat system (we did a combat alpha last year with supporters), We also did a login test with many players logged in at once running around in different characters. CoT has yet to have either.

I wan't them to succeed also but I don't think they have anything close to completion yet. they are far behind where we are.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Golden Ace
CoT hasn't done a character creator alpha yet. we did our first one in 2017, we'll have another one soon. all they have shown was small snippets of theirs strung together.

CoT has yet to show a finished city that non-devs can visit. We have shown Apotheosis City off many times to press, supporters and the public.

We have a tested combat system (we did a combat alpha last year with supporters), We also did a login test with many players logged in at once running around in different characters. CoT has yet to have either.

I want them to succeed also but I don't think they have anything close to completion yet. they are far behind where we are.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

In case you can't tell, this makes me happy. :D
Missing Worlds Media formed and started before HGC and have had more time to get their act together and get their game into beta phase and here they are behind schedule after taking thousands of dollars in donations. Whether I'm more happy because HGC did things the right way and is getting things done or because the people at MWM treated all my advice and suggestions like they were worth less than dirt . . . I'll leave that for you to decide.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 am

My $0.02 on why I choose Ship of Heroes, as the Superhero MMO to succeed as leader in the pack: After reading the forums for SOH, COT, VO, and H&V over the 18 months, it is Ship of Heroes that draws me in the same way COH did when it first started up, and I got into the Beta for it.
As far as I can see, none of the others, except perhaps for the folks at Paragon Chat, have the same sense of community, excitement, and to be honest, openness on their stages of development, as have Heroic Games Corporation.

That's the nutshell of why my money is on Ship of Heroes to be the frontrunner in the genre.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Fri May 17, 2019 2:13 am

That`s because of "Issue zero". They won`t show anything but the finished game when it is ready.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Return to “Polling Discussion”