The F.H.S. JUSTICE DESIGN IS SMART

Odee

The F.H.S. JUSTICE DESIGN IS SMART

Postby Odee » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Just an observation: Whether intentional or not, the deck stacks in the pictures of the F.H.S. Justice, are pretty well designed as a backup feature in case the artificial gravity goes out. The ship can maintain gravity, by acceleration, and things would be back to normal fairly quick. πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺπŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½xπŸ’―
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Re: The F.H.S. JUSTICE DESIGN IS SMART

Postby Consultant » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:10 am

That is true.

The modular design also means that we can reveal a smaller ship with fewer levels, but with story continuity if we ever do flashback mission to earlier points in the ship's history.

Parabola

Postby Parabola » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 am

Some SciFi I've read talks about ships that are built effectively like skyscrapers that generate gravity by accelerating continuously at 1g for the first half of the journey and then turning at the midpoint to point the engines at the destination and decelerating at 1g for the second half. Voila - gravity for all aboard without having to invent any artificial gravity systems. It also makes sense that you would want to do this as the most efficient way of travelling as fast as possible while still stopping at the intended destination. Assuming of course that you had a power source that could generate 1g of thrust continuously.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:02 pm

That is true.

The modular design also means that we can reveal a smaller ship with fewer levels, but with story continuity if we ever do flashback mission to earlier points in the ship's history.
Consultant, I had hoped that such would be the case. To watch the ship grow, as the game develops, would be like frosting, and cherry on the cake! :D πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

ronaldCibly

The F H S JUSTICE DESIGN IS SMART

Postby ronaldCibly » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:44 am

This form, I think, can to help for design of the screen. There is help for programming codes etc.

Ronnieman

Postby Ronnieman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:26 pm

I'm not complaining, don't even want to sound like I am complaining, but the orientation of the ship throws me off a little. Just seems weird to look up at the sky and know that that the additional levels are upward instead of parallel to the surface you stand on. Not a big deal though and I like the idea of the ship overall.

Hadder

Postby Hadder » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:09 pm

That is true.

Consultant, I had hoped that such would be the case. To watch the ship grow, as the game develops, would be like frosting, and cherry on the cake! :D πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½
Yep to both. Start with a smaller, more detailed and polished ship; then, grow over time.

Ha! it just occurred to me that any sort of expansions could be called "Ship Expansion 1: <name here>" or "Ship Retrofit 1: <name here>"

I keep thinking "Babylon 5" whenever I think of Ship of Heroes. :D

Hadder
Hadder

Return to β€œGeneral Discussion”