Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Blaze Rocker

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:44 pm

Welcome DrFeelzbad, Ridgeman, Viking Avenger and StealthDart.

Glad to have you with us. :)
"Remember to fight The Man tonight, and if not at least steal his woman." - Tommy The Nightmare Smith

Nukeleus

Postby Nukeleus » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I honestly forgot until just now. Victory I think?
Greetings Nukeleus I see you posted ...
Forgot the server, but my main was an electricity blaster called Nukeleus. I had lots of alts too. Some of my favorites were Super Skittle - a gravity controller that yelled "Taste the Rainbow"
Titanius, an invulnerable tank with super strength.
Ryuujin, a regen katana scrapper that I even had to created a better katana skin for to look more like an actual samuri sword
Galacticus (not glactus) was my alien guy. (Sorry I forget the name)
And tons more, I just cannot remember them any more. I wish I had screenshot them all as I was sad to see them disappear when the game shut down. It's like most of my friends are gone and I cannot remember their faces.
but you never said the server I'm curious to ... ???

And welcome to the " Ship " hoping to see you there

Crimson

Postby Crimson » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:02 am

I WAS A HERO! But in seriousness

I played the game when I was quite young, fresh into my teens actually. I had many characters but my favorite (This was at the time of the big in game wedding) was a Tanker. I specialized in Rock armor and Rock attacks and loved using super jump. Other than that I had a mastermind villain, but the game was honestly one of my favorite memories.

I was so let down when it went under so when I heard about this, I WAS SUPER PSYCHED!.

chuckv3

Postby chuckv3 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:36 am

I played a tall blue pointy-eared alien girl Energy/Energy Blaster (Xarah) and a 4'2" little old lady Empathy/Energy defender (Def Gran) as part of the B.O.S.S. supergroup on Champion, then after getting sick of my group-mates whining about Nova scatter, I played a warshade (Granny?... with the question mark in the name) up to 50. Then I decided to head off on my own. I started a short-lived group of all controllers "Spice Girls" lead by "Cinnamon Jones" (Kin/Grav maybe?)... it fizzled out do to lack of teaming. Then I started a theme SG on Triumph (?) called "Pistol Packing Grannies" with various old lady characters like Red Granny (SS/Invul tanker) and Green Granny (Emp/Rad defender). To be a member you had to set all sizes to minimum and use the old-lady face, and had to always carry around the crafted temporary pistol, which looked comically huge in the hands of a little old lady. Targeting any friendly and firing the pistol would not waste a bullet, but it would do the "whip it out" animation... So I used to run around drawing out on people just for laughs. I also used to give away the temporary fly spell and ingredients to any level 2 I could convince and invite them into the SG base to use the crafting table. Why jog when you can fly, am I right?

MoreDread

Postby MoreDread » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Mainly Protector but had alts (lots of 'em) everywhere.

E5150
Devil's Flame
Ultimate Sin
Xeon Knight
Johnny Dread

SG's were Hellfire Club on the blue side and Arsenal Of Megadeth on the red side

Mezicus

Postby Mezicus » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:42 pm

Been a few years since I played but I still remember CoH very well and very fondly. Had many characters but my main was Meziele who was a plant/kin controller on the liberty server. The confusion power was amazing and the diversity of those two sets together made pretty much anything possible. Did a lot of power leveling on there and a lot of build creation for other people with that editor they used to have (can't remember the name. Can anyone help me out?) so I am really hoping that there will be another one for SoH. The max/min was made so much easier that way and I used to spend an hour on a build before I used to even go to the character creation.

Anyways, really looking forward to a little taste of what I used to love and looking forward to meeting everyone!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Mids hero creator is the name I think you wanted.

Welcome to the ship!

Always nice to see a fellow liberty person
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Van Allen

Postby Van Allen » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:53 am

Mids hero creator is the name I think you wanted.
http://www.cohplanner.com/
I still play with this when I'm, you know, missing CoH/Cov or just for fun.
What Are Dominators. "Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

voyager2001dl

Postby voyager2001dl » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:45 am

I played primarially on Protector. Had a couple on other servers, but dont remember which ones even. My first character ever was Galelleo, an electric technology blaster which remained my main for my entire time playing the game. I was in a very small super group, (less than 10 members) but we eventually built up a considerable base which was fully PVE functional, included a library in the engineering bay, and even a hidden lounge with DJ station, comfy chairs and multiple stages with center poles on them (sadly only ever occupied once)

Other characters included:
SnowPak: a mutant Ice/storm controller whos body absorbed heat from specific locations at a distance, and had to wear a refrigeration suit to keep from boiling his own blood. (First Alt)

Sonic Strike: mutant forcefield/sonic defender I never got around to writing a backstory for

Ammo Warrior: science, war mace/invulnerability tank built as an occupational joke

Modern Elven Hunter: natural archery/devices blaster, elf accidentally pulled through a rift from another time and reality.

Midnight Death Angel: Magic Dark/Dark defender, half human daughter of satin himself, who had once been confronted by an angel of death to bring her before the almighty to be judged for centuries of demonic deeds, and managed to successfully dispatch the angel. In doing so however received an unwanted gift, the wings of the angel, which she soon learned are rather unbreakably bound to the angel's conscience and remorse. Before long, she found herself aiding others, albeit in a rather angry, and terrifying way. (late, but favorite alt, which won more than one costume and backstory contest)

I do hope to recreate one or more of these in a new game.

Just remembered, my SG name was Interstellar Alliance. We never had more than half a dozen people (plus their alts), but we did have a fully PVE functional base. I miss that base. Anyone know if SG bases or something similar will be included in SoH?
Last edited by voyager2001dl on Sat May 11, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:03 am

Welcome all newcomers. Glad to have you with us.

:)
"Remember to fight The Man tonight, and if not at least steal his woman." - Tommy The Nightmare Smith

Mainsil

Postby Mainsil » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:39 am

Most of my 50's were on Protector. My first lvl cap character was Clancy Clown, a Mind Control/Kinetics controller that looked like a deranged Ronald McDonald and was only useful for (early) Hamidon raids. My favorite character was a Spines/Invul scrapper.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 am

Most of my 50's were on Protector. My first lvl cap character was Clancy Clown, a Mind Control/Kinetics controller that looked like a deranged Ronald McDonald and was only useful for (early) Hamidon raids. My favorite character was a Spines/Invul scrapper.
I think I remember that one.

Nice. 8-)

Isungr

Postby Isungr » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Chello!

Probably nobody here who would know me, but here's some of fav toons that I ran.

@Isungr, later @Tribunus

Pinnacle:

Red Side: Hanging with the Parliament, Nites of Darkness, and Thraxis Industries

Blue Side: Hung out with RP Congress, 5 minutes to midnight, founder of PMS the Paragon Mutant Society

Main Villain: General Flameskull, a combo homage of Cobra Commander, Dr. Doom and Red Skull. Mercs/Dark Mastermind. An alt as a Rifle/Dark Corr. Used Magic and Military strategy.

Main Hero: Tribunus. An homage to Mutants & Masterminds RPG Centurion (with the approval of the creator, Steve Kenson). WP/SS Tank.

First Hero: Isungr (ON, Ice Bear): Ice/Ice tank. Large Polar Bear looking fellow. Once different archetypes were allowed in Costumes, he could transform back to Dr. Karlsen, his human form.

Hero that should have been Genericed: WomBat Man who looked a lot like a certain DC character. MA/SR. My wife played his trust sidekick, Koala Girl. (Invul/Dark tank)

Villain that should have been Genericed: Arbiter Jenkins, Wolf Spider. Yes, Jenkins from the different missions accidentally promoted to Arbiter. Played for laughs.

Queenie

Postby Queenie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 pm

@Queen Frosteen on Champion server. Some of my characters were:

1. Queen Frosteen (my main) - ice/ice blaster
2. Lake (character I played the most toward the end)- water/kin corruptor
3. Midnight's Moon- claws/regen scrapper
4. Foxx - fire/fire blaster
5. Kincandescence - fire/kin controller

Apparition

Postby Apparition » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 pm

@Queen Frosteen on Champion server. Some of my characters were:

1. Queen Frosteen (my main) - ice/ice blaster
2. Lake (character I played the most toward the end)- water/kin corruptor
3. Midnight's Moon- claws/regen scrapper
4. Foxx - fire/fire blaster
5. Kincandescence - fire/kin controller
Heya, Queenie. This is @Celestial Lord from Champion. We also played RIFT together for a bit after CoH shuttered. Long time, no see. Hope everything is well.

Return to “Introductions”