Thank you again for your communication

Gilbegger

Thank you again for your communication

Postby Gilbegger » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:26 am

Following this project and studying its development convinced me to become a backer. I have to be honest, I was looking at backing one project...SOH or COT.

I studied both extensively...and decided on backing you. The key for me was your open and honest communication...and a gut feeling.

I am not disappointed in my decision.

COT is running into hard times right now. A lot of it could have been avoided by open and honest communication. Hidden delays cost them a lot of time...but even worse...it has cost them some trust from their community.

Makes me appreciate your approach even more.

Just wanted to say "Thank you" again..

Odee

Re: Thank you again for your communication

Postby Odee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 am

Welcome aboard Gilbegger. I too feel as you do about CoT, and placed my money on the winning horse of SoH. ;)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:36 am

Thank you for those kind words.

Maybe this is an invitation to us to tell you what's going on right now -- sort of a behind the scenes look at the making of Ship of Heroes. A day in the life, sort of.

This morning, we're working on the FX for superspeed. This could take a couple more days, but we have the animations almost done -- that means we have created an animation we like for the female model and we are almost done with the two males. We've settled on a speed, and have the power coded. One of our artists even came up with a cool icon for the power. Once it all comes together, we'll take a look at it in-game, and then we'll decide if we like what we have. If so, we can record a video for the community. Once we've recorded a video, you will know that the power is actually in-game, and not just a figment of the Editor's imagination.

On another side of our development, our lead coder is working through the upgrade to 4.21.2 He's making progress, and is close to having the C++ side working right. We're looking at our TrueSKY plugin right now (as are others on the UE 4 forums). Next up come the Blueprint revisions. Then art assets. We're sort of grinding through it. We drafted a newsletter on this, and we hope to push that next week.

Another initiative we're working on is to get our system for creating missions to be more complete. We really have to hand-craft, if we want to make a mission and we've got a very talented guy going through everything line by line to give us a much more advanced capability. A team really can't do this sort of thing until they have a certain minimum level of code, art assets, enemies, etc.

We're also working on animations and FX. Last night we pushed a bunch of FX for a new powerset, for example. That powerset is not done, but it is steadily advancing. And we have made a lot of progress with animations for new powersets, and for Superspeed, recently. We also created and prioritized a list of animations we need to create, to polish, or to upgrade over the next couple of months. This is actually pretty exciting, because animation upgrades are one of the consistent requests that we get from the community.

We've planned the next few videos, and the next couple of events we want to hold. Right now we are going back and forth internally over the issue of whether we need a public event to test server capacity for the entire city. It's not decided.

And that brings up the city. We are looking for a route for the Superspeed video, but we're also trying to decide at what point we can call Apotheosis City ready for exploration, at least at an Alpha or Beta level. We won't have the Hazard Zone for a while, but we are concentrating on the rest. More time spent means higher quality, and we like high quality. But we also need to "finish" an early version, declare it to be good enough, and move our artists to other environments.

Next, we continue to work on the CCT. We were only able to upgrade nine of our costumes in time for the Login Tests last month, but we have more of them in the CCT right now. Not quite all, but more. And we have created a few new pieces of civilian type clothing for our heroes to wear as well. But we also need to go through the clothing and install our new clipping suppression system on these new pieces, which takes some time.

Finally, while we have stopped for now, we made a lot a progress this month on our level-up process. This is also not quite done, but it is getting closer to being feature complete, and we are really pleased with where this is heading. We're hoping to show something along these lines that will excite the community, because level-up is closely tied to customization, and we'll show you how in a month or two. :)

I should not have said "finally." Because we've also agreed to a couple of interesting elements of the backstory this week, which will come out during the mission arcs. We feel quite good about this as well.

All told, our team is moving forward and making a lot of progress, on schedule to deliver a good Beta at the end of this year. and if something changes, we will tell you, for sure. :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:02 am

The key for me was your open and honest communication...and a gut feeling.

*looks at consultants post*

I think you nailed it.

Myself, I didn’t even know about SoH. I had heard about titans and valance and h&v . None of which got me excited or motivated. Then I came across a video with Casey speaking in it and I loved it.

Something told me this is where I need it to be. Maybe it was that gut feeling. I have not regretted it.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:53 pm

The key for me was your open and honest communication...and a gut feeling.

*looks at consultants post*

I think you nailed it.

Myself, I didn’t even know about SoH. I had heard about titans and valance and h&v . None of which got me excited or motivated. Then I came across a video with Casey speaking in it and I loved it.

Something told me this is where I need it to be. Maybe it was that gut feeling. I have not regretted it.
Looks at Consultant, and GA's posts I know he nailed it! :D 👍👍

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:03 pm

HUZZAH for putting this on the SoH FaceBook page! ;) :D

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:28 pm

Thank you for this thread and response.
This team has really worked hard and done well at managing expectations, two critical things for a start up

sensible

Postby sensible » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi All - Bree from MassivelyOP wrote an article based on this discussion from the forums. I think a bunch of you have seen and commented, but sharing here in case you haven't seen it:

https://massivelyop.com/2019/02/04/the- ... dCT3vtbyHg

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:16 am

She sniped that from my post on the SoH FaceBook page. LOL :shock: :o

Return to “General Discussion”