What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Odee

Re: What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby Odee » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:35 pm

You win. I was completely unaware of wonder woman’s kangaroo…
OMG Next thing you know, they'll be asking for Archie's Bubblegum Music as a travel power. See how fast players can escape it. :lol:
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Lxndr

Postby Lxndr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:08 pm

My first CoH character had superjump. She was a weird hodgepodge of powers that challenged my writing skills to get her into a concept (if there was such a thing like a powerset respec, I would have dropped Kinetics).

I don't know what it was about superjump that made me fall for it.

But it was a constant for my other alts.

My other alts all had travel powers suited to their concepts. I never went for a superjump concept if I had enough other concepts.

I couldn't STAND super-speed, the sparks and fire coming from my feet felt... wrong.

HeroGamer

Postby HeroGamer » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:08 am

Almost always it was a combination of slide, super-speed, and super jump. In my opinion that was the best combination a toon could have.

On very rare toons, it was slide, super-speed and flight.

I liked the idea of teleport, but the range was not practical for me.
Now, if you could teleport across a map by clicking on the mini-map, that would have been worth having! :idea: :idea: :idea:

:)

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:54 pm

Almost all characters used Flight. I love flight.

I had a couple of Tanks who were super large, like Hulk size...they used Super Jump...it fit thematically...and to me, seeing a Hulk sized character flying just looked silly, lol. I had one Super Speed, and he was a speedster. Teleport was only used with my Warshade and one Dark/Dark Defender.

theDarkeOne

Postby theDarkeOne » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am

75% of my characters had SS/SJ combo. The other 25% had flight.
I used teleport a couple times in my tenure and loved it but was impractical in most cases.

LittleMissNutmeg

Postby LittleMissNutmeg » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:36 pm

I saw quite a few people here who post something along the lines 'I pick my power based on my character'. I do the same thing, that I liked to base my characters powers on what I felt they would do, even if another method was more effective. For example, from CoH, my VEAT (Villain Epic Archetype) Fortunata Serenity, was partial to just hover and never took fly, because I loved that imposing feeling I got from just slowly floating through a map and dominating my enemies' minds!

So, I will jump on the 'whatever fit my character bandwagon', however I must say that I ended up picking flight for the versatility it brought me (and it was fun flying where melee enemies couldn't get me and raining psychic dominance from above!).
"Live life with a little spice!"

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:32 pm

I used all powers, but the interesting thing is that I loved the Teleport mechanism in Champions Online. That would have been my favorite travel power, I think, it if had been available.

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm

I used all powers, but the interesting thing is that I loved the Teleport mechanism in Champions Online. That would have been my favorite travel power, I think, it if had been available.
I rather enjoyed the City of Heroes version. It was real teleportation. If the animation of teleporting had been faster, like with Nightcrawler in the X-Men movies, I would have picked teleportation on a lot more characters. What Champions Online did with teleportation, was actually just flight, mixed with invisibility and -aggro. It looked cool, but it most certainly was not teleportation IMO.

Zanpakuto559

Postby Zanpakuto559 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:30 pm

I chose Flight. Mainly because my character from City of Heroes had Wings.

Apparition

Postby Apparition » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 pm

All of my characters had both Flight and Super Speed. My favorite two super-heroes are Superman and Supergirl, so all of my characters had to fly. However, all of my friends and supergroup mates back in CoH had super speed. With flight being so much slower than super speed, after a while I finally got tired of being so behind them. So I worked out builds that enabled all of my characters to have both travel powers. We'll see if that holds up in Ship of Heroes as well. :)

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Superspeed is faster than flight on a straight road.

Apparition

Postby Apparition » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:24 pm

Superspeed is faster than flight on a straight road.
Thanks for the information. Looks like I'll have to incorporate both travel powers into all of my SoH builds as well, if possible. :)

Strawberrycocoa

Postby Strawberrycocoa » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:05 am

I was a Flight fan on almost all my characters because it was cool, but also because it ws just the most practical. I tried Teleport on one of them but lag problems made Teleport a gamble to use. Super Speed was fun, but had a lot of annoyances requiring a second travel power and I never really liked double-dipping. Didn't do much with Super Jump.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:23 am

Welcome strawberry, glad you finally got in. Welcome to the ship
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Tomblady

Postby Tomblady » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm

I loved super jump most, and also fllight.
The one time I used superspeed on a character and did a longer gaming session with it. I got a bad kind of vertigo feeling in my head which lasted 2 days. :? Did a respecc with flight (which is slower) and had no problems again.
So no superspeed for me. ;)

Return to “General Discussion”