Would you prefer as a private place...

GladDog

Would you prefer as a private place...

Postby GladDog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:09 pm

1 - Standard Super Groups Bases only (for individuals and teams).
2 - Individual Apartments that act like mini super group bases only (one user only – no team access).
3 - Both and you can use them both.
4 - Both but you can only pick one to use for things like storage, crafting, teleports, etc.
5 - Are you kidding? Those whole ship is my Base.
6 - Something else, I’ll tell you in the forums.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Would you prefer as a private place...

Postby GladDog » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:19 pm

I want both; but one at a time is fine. build the easiest one first, and add the other later. Have SG banking only at the SG base, and individual banking at the SG bank and in player housing.

Also, one of the best things about DCUO, and something I would love to see in this game, is banker bots. You call a robot with a 10 minute duration that operates as a bank portal for anyone that uses it, although if they do this, have it be only individual account banking, not SG banking.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 pm

I'm not answering this one. I want a supergroup base but I also want a personal Lair. I refuse to be associated with Individual apartment.

I Despise the thought of Individual Apartments. I don't want a damn apartment. I want a personal lair. Apartments mean to me a a living place with a balcony, a couch, tv, and a kitchen. I don't want to play house I want to play superheroes. I want a lair that I can upgrade, the fortress of solitude, the Quiver, or the Bat Cave. Not an apartment where I can swap out a couch for a lazy chair. :evil:
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:34 pm

For a super group the base would let everyone in

An apartment would be for the personal character an anyone they allow in

Think there should be both, letting players set a home either in a super group base or an apartment/House/condo

Red5

Postby Red5 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:01 am

I went with both.

Largest issue with just a base is that someone else get to design and build, while you get to do non of that...unless you make your own but that can be a bit like serving two masters. <in CoH I had exclusive items that I never got to place..which sadly kinda made getting them pointless>

I wouldn't say a personal place be as complex as a SG base unless it is actually easier that way to put in game. Personal should allow for example craft table(s) and some storage....mini power, and accessories like tables, pictures, etc.

Small base option should also be available for those individuals that want to have a batcave solo or for those small SG groups (like less than 10 players for example)...so things like teleporters can be achieved.

Bigger SG's would have the all the things in their base
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:47 am

I am with Glad Dog here.
I would love to have both - but it doesn´t have to be from the start and at the same time. When I know something will be there I can be patient :).
I also agree, that the personal lair should have connection to the personal stuff only (with exception, that I could picture being able to teleport from my personal base to the SG Base (but of course anyone only into his own back) and the SG Base should have only connection to stuff which has to do with the SG (with exception, that it would be great if one place you can choose in the teleport room would be personal lair and brings you just to your own one)

Of course Golden Ace brought a question up. Is Appartment the word for just plain living space or would that include some kind of Lair/personal Base thing? Because, though I don´t mind having a little living room thing, that is nothing really needed by me - but instead a personal place, where someone can store his stuff, have is Tech and his personal trophy room is fitting for a hero :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

olepi

Postby olepi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:23 pm

I would like both a group location, and a personal location. I would want the personal location to be able to be open to others.

I'm imagining a crafting station in the SG base that requires more than one person to create a special SG type item. And a personal crafting station for individual use in the personal location.

The personal location should be upgradeable, with SG storage in the SG house, and personal storage in the personal location.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Chocko Canyon

Postby Chocko Canyon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:02 pm

A standard base seems more interesting. Who really wants to hang out in an apartment by one's self? If you want solitude, fly/jump to the top of a building and sit! Now if the apartments had more than one-person capacity, that might be different. In that case, I'd probably prefer both, as long as both had easily accessible storage.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:10 pm

I said both, because it's the closest to what I want - I want a shared space for me to hang out with my friends, and I want a space I can personalise and have full-control over.

I don't care how that's done - whether we can get zoned areas in the shared SG base (this square is for Ebon Angel, this square for Harlequynne, etc.) within which we can do what we like or whether it's completely separate spaces that are our own.

The fundamental requirements for me are:

1. Shared meeting space
2. Customisable personal space
3. Ability to invite others into those spaces to show it off - and obviously visit other people's to steal...err, be inspired by what they've done :P

That's also the priorities as I see them.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

MardParagon

Postby MardParagon » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Having a personal apartament or lair is cool in theory, but it's completely unnecessary to me, a place that I'd never visit. I prefer just something for groups.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:08 am

well thinking about it, it kind of really would be nice being able to invite one player into your privat place :) (could be to show it somebody, could be to have a little bit of privacy for whatever reasons).

As a differencation it could be that the owner can invite people to visit but only the owner can use the tools (otherwise it would be just like a SG Base and than that would not make that much sense)

Reminds me of a Question : What about NPCs in your personal base or SG Base - might that be possible?
I mean just imagine, you have a character like Batman and you enter your lair/appartment (whatever ;) ) and Alfred greets you :)
Or you would be like Iron Man and have your personal assistant being there to help you with your daily business
you get the thought - would make the Base-Idea even greater and more vital :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:07 am

So looking forward to a private place " Penniguin and I " can go ...
BUT ... we'll need to have furnishing 's to place there ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Crowe

Postby Crowe » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:52 pm

There wasn't an option for it but as I've never really cared about housing and every single supergroup base I've ever seen looked pretty bad (design taste rather than graphics issues), I'd go with "spend your development time on something else!" My wife, on the other hand, could easily spend hours in a self-designed apartment with zero intent of ever showing it to anyone.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:13 pm

I voted both.
It's nice to have place of your own as well.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Byph

Postby Byph » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Whatever you decide, please make them rent free. I despised rent.

Return to “Polling Discussion”