Character choice question

GladDog

Character choice question

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Which of the following character choices do you anticipate using in Ship of Heroes?

I’ll create and play one character at a time, up to max level
I’ll create one melee and one ranged and play them in tandem to max level
I’ll create a few characters to test them out and jump from one to the other depending on what seems the most fun
I’ll create and/or delete characters at will, experimenting with archetypes and powersets until I find the ones I like the most.
Something else – I’ll tell you in the forums
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: Character choice question

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:42 pm

I voted, I will make several characters and play the one that seems the most fun at the time. I enjoy diverse gameplay, and finding the nuances in several different character types. This goes for any game I play...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I went with I'll tell you on the forums.

I nearly went with "I’ll create and play one character at a time, up to max level"

what I do however is I'll create one character and stick with it. I'll run an alt every now and then, but I'm on Ace all the time.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:28 pm

There are two things I really like to do in MMO's. One is play a ranged damage dealer and the other is play a support character. So I'll probably make one of each and play whichever one I feel like playing at the time or whichever one best fits into the team I'm in.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:11 pm

I'll play a bit of everything. I tend to tune out of MMOs once I have level caped a few characters, so I try a bit of everything.

DomiDayglow

Postby DomiDayglow » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm

I think those options run through what I normally do!

First I make and delete characters to find a powerset that I like the most.

Then I made one character and stay with that character exclusively for like a year. Along the way I see people using other powersets and think they may be fun. This starts the experimenting stage!

Then I enter a phase where I make those sets I've seen other people enjoy and try them myself. Eventually settling on a small core or three or 4 characters. Those I will make and take to maximum level.

In CoX, my exclusive character was a radiation corruptor. Then a kinetics corruptor, because it was just such fun to keep broots at their damage cap permanently and watch them zoom around. Then a street fighting and energy aura because I had a fun concept for a teleporter.

Along the way a few of the experimental characters will pop back up. I'll choose the ones that were fun concepts to me and take them to max level.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:16 pm

I went with making a few alts and jumping between them. I like to play with one alt for a while then I create a new one and then come back to old ones. I have an embarrassing confession. I played CoH from the first week it came out until it shut down and i actually never got a character to 50. My highest was 47. I just get hooked on making new characters. :oops:

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue May 01, 2018 12:42 am

Sooooo many ways to deal with one's Altitus ... I will resist and restrict my self to one toon ... until I feel I have reached the maturity of my persona
with that toon ... and yes then the adventure continues ... with the second ... :lol:
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Dragonnas Xavier

Postby Dragonnas Xavier » Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 am

I suppose I'll be creating a few characters to enjoy how fleshed out the character creator, archetypes, and so on are. Then I'll settle on a couple to receive the lion's share of my play time. Recently joined up here, planning on donating soon, extremely excited at the efforts so far to get this game going.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:28 am

I will make 3 to 5 characters and spend alittle time on each till i figure out who I wanna play first but most likely I will play the character I feel like playing that day and enjoy the level up process.

On FF 14 Im leveling up every class so having multi characters to play with will be fun.

WRThore

Postby WRThore » Tue May 01, 2018 11:25 am

I have an idea of what I want to play already, and I usually try to experience everything I can before switching to an ALT. BUT, I will eventually try them all :)

Echo Magnus

Postby Echo Magnus » Sun May 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Always been one for playing one character at a time -- with the eventual ALT to play around with when I'm feeling Casual.

I'll most certainly be shooting for Tank... though I have roots in DPS and Support/Control.

Honestly there is something about commanding the attention of enemies on the battlefield that I just can't resist. My preference is to give my teammates the opportunity to smash the face of my enemies into the ground, all while getting a front row seat in the process!!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 14, 2018 2:45 am

I will try out several :)
Reason 1 - I like creating ;)
Reason 2 - I want to try out how they feel as fast as possible :)
Reason 3 - I want to have the possibility to follow my moods ;)
Reason 4 - I want to have the possibility to change the character if the team or a player I accompany needs something else
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:06 am

I'm somewhere between:

"I’ll create a few characters to test them out and jump from one to the other depending on what seems the most fun"
&
"I’ll create and/or delete characters at will, experimenting with archetypes and powersets until I find the ones I like the most."

Kai

Postby Kai » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:37 pm

I'll make 3 or 4 that I think I would like, hop between them, decide which one I like best.....and end up playing a different one most of the time because they're the one that found RP connections best. :)

Return to “Polling Discussion”