What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:12 am

While having this nice little conversation about movies I couldn´t get that thought out of my mind anymore and so here it is and I am kind of curious if anyone here likes playing with thoughts as I do :)
So who would be the heroes (or villains) and teams you think should have their own movie (if you like also what idea you would have for it ;) )
Or how would you plan a series of movies like Marvel did so nicely with their Marvel Cinematic Universe
I am looking forward to read your thoughts (if you have them ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Re: What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:22 am

Oh yes of course - since I started it, I suppose I also have to start with my share of thoughts

So lets start it simple, since it was part of the conversation before with DC ;) (oh and I am aware, that there are movies already planned or existing, but I am leaving that aside for the moment - Marvel had their own movies about Spider Man, Hulk and others which are ignored for their MCU too)

Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman
Superman
Green Arrow
Atom
leading into Justice Lague

2nd part Batman introducing Nightwing
Cyborg
2nd part Wonder Girl introducing Wonder Girl
2nd part Flash introducing Kid Flash
2nd part Aquaman introducing Aqualad
2nd part Green Arrow introducing Arsenal (I leave the original name - I always felt Speedy was an absolute ridicilous name)
leading into solos of those being introduced leading into Titans
plus Mr. Miracle (has to be :D)

leading into Justice Lague Titans Crossover

... and if they really want to think big (which is not necessary but if done good could be something too) they could also bring the Justice Society into the picture with the original Atom, Green Lantern, Flash, Mr. Terrific, Starman, Wonder Woman (is another one but could be combined for a bigger connection), Doctor Fate, Spectre, Dr. Mid Nite, Wildcat (I know there are more, but I think those would be the essential ones)

3rd parts would follow the heroes to start the big event - possibly but not necessarily introducing the Justice Society like this:

3rd part Green Lantern introduing the original Green Lantern
3rd part Batman introducing Wildcat
3rd part Atom introducing the original Atom (just for the Name ;) )
3rd part Flash introducing the original Flash
3rd part Flash introducing the original Flash
3rd part Martian Manhunter introducing Dr. Mid Nite

(can write more if and go into details if there is interest :) )
Last edited by Avatar PDM on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Re: What Hero Movie would you be looking for or how would you plan a Heroic Cinematic Universe

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 am

Oh and that nobody thinks, I am just a regular DC Nerd ;)

Wildstorm got kind of an interesting Universe too

and if they ever go on with Marvel I think Silver Surfer deserves his own shot too
Oh and of course I would love to see the Realm of Kings storyline unfolding on screen
(going with Quasar, Nova, the Inhumans, the Guardians of the Galaxy and such like that :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:21 am

Booster Gold and the original Blue Beetle.

both have their separate movies, and have other heroes do cameos - then bring them together for the third movie.

then do a TV series called Blue and Gold. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:34 am

Booster Gold and the original Blue Beetle.

both have their separate movies, and have other heroes do cameos - then bring them together for the third movie.

then do a TV series called Blue and Gold. :D
sounds nice :)
I just did not dare to go further since I posted so a huge amount of movies already - but true - they would work as a separate story or as part of the big picture ;)

Red5

Postby Red5 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:50 pm

From Marvel once the deal goes through... I'd like to see Silver Surfer movies and cross overs.

I would love to see:

Chaos Comics Cinematic Universe come to life...bunch of "R" rated movies. Loved the ideal people rooting for Evil Ernie and Lady Death :twisted:

CrossGen Entertainment Cinematic Universe...because it was already written (least the few comics I got to see and read) as one universe.

Speaking of one Universe... Valiant Comics! Like I wasn't that into Harbinger all that much but I did like how (least early releases) everything was interconnected... So if Solar went nuclear...there would be a news blurb in Harbinger talking about it as an example. I did like XO and Solar from that line.

Lastly... Image had some sweet looking comics (Wildstorm Universe) I love to see as stand alones. Would love to see a FX/AMC/etc. version on these comics on T.V.
...reporting in.

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Don't have any big spanning ideas, but i would love to see a good adaption of Moon Knight as a Netflix series. One that really goes into his multiple personality disorder.

There was also a title from a company called Comico in the 80's called the Elementals. Four people who died by one of the elements (cop dies in a fire, military guy dies in a helicopter wind storm accident, boy gets buried in a landslide, daughter of a lawyer drowns) all come back to life each having the powers of the element that killed them. It was a good title for a while, until the creator left the title. It was written by Bill Willingham, the creator of the Fables series.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 am

yes Moon Knight certainly would be a character where marvel could show how batman can be interpreted ;)
but seriously - interesting character and idea - would be nice to see :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 am

From Marvel once the deal goes through... I'd like to see Silver Surfer movies and cross overs.

I would love to see:

Chaos Comics Cinematic Universe come to life...bunch of "R" rated movies. Loved the ideal people rooting for Evil Ernie and Lady Death :twisted:

CrossGen Entertainment Cinematic Universe...because it was already written (least the few comics I got to see and read) as one universe.

Speaking of one Universe... Valiant Comics! Like I wasn't that into Harbinger all that much but I did like how (least early releases) everything was interconnected... So if Solar went nuclear...there would be a news blurb in Harbinger talking about it as an example. I did like XO and Solar from that line.

Lastly... Image had some sweet looking comics (Wildstorm Universe) I love to see as stand alones. Would love to see a FX/AMC/etc. version on these comics on T.V.
yes Chaos could have maybe three movies leading into a big apocalypse ;) (Evil Ernie, Lady Death and Purgatory) though I have to agree - those movies would certainly only make sense as Rated R!
CrossGen? Don´t know that much about the Universe except that I liked the art work (since I collected all kind of Super Hero Comics at that time when they appeared I did not start with that because of the money - having DC, Marvel, Image and Valiant was kind of enough for me)
But if they can put their style on screen I would definitely watch it!
Valiant has a nice well thought through universe - that is true - I am not sure if that really would be material for a super hero community though it definitely have some it is more of closer to our earth with a few drops of different super hero concepts spread in it
But well what would we have? Solar, X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Hard CORPS I don´t think Turok or Magnus would really fit, since they are different times of that universe - could work as a short series of movies
Image - yes thats what I mentioned :)
You could make tons of movies here! Redoing Spawn maybe, adding Shadowhawk, Darkness, Witchblade Cyberforce and of course you could have the huge universes from Wildstorm and the one of Rob Liefield (I think he was the one with Youngblood and so on :)
I mean already Wildstorm does have a huge amount of characters and teams - having Top Cow and Extreme studios added and the few others from the rest (which ain´t that much anymore so I spare myself naming them) would work for dozens of movies - so where to start ;)?

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 pm

I'll put my 2 cents in ... " Greatest american Hero " yeah that's it ... i want a costume logo of that ... and he still cant fly well ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:31 am

I'll put my 2 cents in ... " Greatest american Hero " yeah that's it ... i want a costume logo of that ... and he still cant fly well ...
sorry I might be a bit slow right now - what do you mean?

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:23 am

2 points of awesome!!! for Eulb.

There was a t.v. show back in the day about a average guy finding a hero suit but lost the instructions. So he had no ideal how to do things and it took a learning curve. Like being shot while wearing it to realize he was bullet proof in it.

Flight was most memorable comedy point(s) of the show.
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:40 am

2 points of awesome!!! for Eulb.

There was a t.v. show back in the day about a average guy finding a hero suit but lost the instructions. So he had no ideal how to do things and it took a learning curve. Like being shot while wearing it to realize he was bullet proof in it.

Flight was most memorable comedy point(s) of the show.
Ah thanks :)
Got to admit never heard of it - but sounds worth seeing :)

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 am

Here is the opening theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb4C7vSByMM

Definitely worth checking out. I was able to create him in Paragon Chat for a costume contest. They actually had a chest logo that was very close.

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=12905.80

You have to scroll down to October 5th

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

that was a good likeness Warhead. lol I loved that show.

I remember when a kid told him how to take off. lol
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”