Your FIrst Character in SoH?

Strife3

Re: Your FIrst Character in SoH?

Postby Strife3 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:48 pm

First off let me say I like this post.
I too came from CoH and it didn't take me long to figure out what I wanted.
My first 5 50s went like this in CoH
1: Fire/Fire Tank
2: Invincable/Energy Tank
3: Empathy/Psychic Defender
4: Martal Arts/Regen Scrapper
5: Gravity/Force FIend Controller

Doing all this i found that I enjoyed tanking the most but it didnt stop me from enjoying other classes but I loved tanking the most.. In Ship of Heroes I will start out as a tank, I wont know the powerset Untill they come out but either it will be a tank who can take a hit and give it back or a tank who can take everything and hold the agro as my group takes people out.

I hope to see alot of players around and i will be online the day it launches as well as posting for teams all the time. Cant wait to play a hero again.

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 am

Im thinking now the scrapper type if there's some kind of darkness magic melee set...

Manchine

Postby Manchine » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Really easy for me, Manchine. Then Animal Teen and then White Knight.
Lol, which is what? :)

I am gonna guess Devastator, Brawler, and Tanker.
Manchine will probable be a Devastator. As long as he gets Force Field otherwise I will have to make him a defender. Animal Teen and White Knight will both be Brawlers. It all depends on what powers are available.
Check out my Super hero comic at www.globaldefenseforce.net its a real comic that started out as a web comic from city of heroes.

Also check facebook out #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame for a board game where you can make your own characters.

PseudoCool

Postby PseudoCool » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:48 am

Simple choice here:

Debuffing defender type

or...

Fast recharging blaster type.

Give me the ability to fit wet in teams when needed, or to solo the whole ship from hover while laughing maniacally as I snipe from so far away that the bad guys can't get to me!

I'll build a tank or scrapper (or probably both at some point).. later on. I like learning the mechanics from the viewpoint of the squishy, and seeing what tank builds work, what ones don't, and the WHY behind them. I remember when everyone told me my dark/dark scrapper was worthless.. then by level 40 where screaming for him everytime they needed someone to add dps to a team or assist a weak tank with aggro control issues.

Grazer01

Postby Grazer01 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am

Controller-type first if they are available. Defender second. Tank third. Blaster next, then scrapper.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:12 am

Yeah my opinion will probably change, yet again, but I recently saw a video of the devs making Ambassador and I had seen it before but I did focus in on the powers under the Tank AT.

And there is was.... I had this concept I could never fully create because powers never seemed to align. Unobtainium Luck!!!! I won't say the name or the motto...don't someone to nick it

but a character that had powers like long shot, jinx, even scarlet witch to a degree, etc. So perfect. I could go spear or street sweeper as both would fit the concept.

I hope Tank and Brawler have cross over powers and if so I hope Unobtainium Luck makes the crossing. But I'd be fine with a Tank if I got to play my concept.
...reporting in.

SteelR4t

Postby SteelR4t » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:05 pm

The one character I would love to be able to recreate in SoH is my Stone / Fire brute, Volkanik, (interested to see what powersets for each AT are included from launch and if Stone Melee or derivative is one, I really hope Heroic capture the same visceral feel of SMASH that set from CoH gave us!). That said, I'll probably roll a Devastator first so that I can get a feel for SoHs specific mechanics.

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:09 pm

I'd love to roll a Defender first since I have never had a defender before but i'm afraid that I will become obsolete in the later stages in the game.

And it also gets tiring to hear other players yell heal me or whine about the healer when it's their own stupid actions that get them into trouble (ie, agreeing a second mob or running in before everyone else is ready).
aka Backer 68

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:22 pm

I'd love to roll a Defender first since I have never had a defender before but i'm afraid that I will become obsolete in the later stages in the game.

And it also gets tiring to hear other players yell heal me or whine about the healer when it's their own stupid actions that get them into trouble (ie, agreeing a second mob or running in before everyone else is ready).
This is nothing against you Codex, I in fact hope you get to play a Defender and they never become obsolete.

I was however, watching a video of on SoH Tanks and noted some have multiple heals and a part of me kinda went, 'YES!!!! they may have AT like from the comics." Which was more stemmed from Marvel Heroes not having trinity play style (whole other can of worms I am not gonna into here lol).

That said, I do kinda hope Defenders more doing buffs and debuffs and the likes more predominantly and the other AT being capable of taking care of themselves (offense, defense, self heal, etc.)
...reporting in.

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 pm

My main would be a Controller or Dominator version, which is not going to be available... so, like GladDog, I feel that a melee character will be more forgiving of beginner mistakes.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:32 am

I really liked my empath defender. Till I discovered my controller anyway! I never had problems with people blaming me for their demise though. Unless I was with the usual crowd of trouble makers I always made it clear before we started that I was staying with the tank and if anyone got out of my range or went around a corner that was their lookout ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Oracle

Postby Oracle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:36 am

I am partial to Psychics, and love playing the Crowd-controller/Debuffer support role.

In City of Heroes, I played a Controller hero - Mind Control/Empathy, and a Dominator villain - Mind Control/Psionic Assault.

I'd love to play another similar type of archetype - focused on psychic power sets and CCing/dominating/confusing/debuffing enemies. and providing Utility for the party.

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:30 pm

I'm hoping there will be something similar to the CoV Brute. I loved the Fury feature which gave the damage bonus the longer you were in combat.

I'm guessing that won't be available to start though, so probably the Melee DPS to start. My first lvl 50 in CoH was a claws/regen scrapper. I could do that again while I'm figuring things out.

JoCalibur

Postby JoCalibur » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:46 pm

Simple choice here:

Debuffing defender type

or...

Fast recharging blaster type.

Give me the ability to fit wet in teams when needed, or to solo the whole ship from hover while laughing maniacally as I snipe from so far away that the bad guys can't get to me!

I'll build a tank or scrapper (or probably both at some point).. later on. I like learning the mechanics from the viewpoint of the squishy, and seeing what tank builds work, what ones don't, and the WHY behind them. I remember when everyone told me my dark/dark scrapper was worthless.. then by level 40 where screaming for him everytime they needed someone to add dps to a team or assist a weak tank with aggro control issues.
I feel the same way PsudoCool! One of my favorite toons on CoH was my Rad/Sonic Defender. If there is a support set in Ship of Heroes with a power that can debuff enemy accuracy as reliably and frequently as Radiation Infection, then I am going with a Debuffing Defender first thing!

I also like the idea of dealing heavy ranged damage while being able to buff my teammates, so the Devastator looks like it could be a lot of fun. Controls are also fun, but I heavily preferred Dominator over Controller. I am curious to see how the new Control Archetype will turn out.

My favorite toons to play in CoH were my:

Rad/Sonic Attack Defender
Earth/Fiery Assault Dominator
Fortunata
Elec Armor/Ice Melee Tank
Fire/Will Scrapper
Fire/Rad Corruptor

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 pm

I feel the same way PsudoCool! One of my favorite toons on CoH was my Rad/Sonic Defender. If there is a support set in Ship of Heroes with a power that can debuff enemy accuracy as reliably and frequently as Radiation Infection, then I am going with a Debuffing Defender first thing!

I also like the idea of dealing heavy ranged damage while being able to buff my teammates, so the Devastator looks like it could be a lot of fun. Controls are also fun, but I heavily preferred Dominator over Controller. I am curious to see how the new Control Archetype will turn out.

My favorite toons to play in CoH were my:

Rad/Sonic Attack Defender
Earth/Fiery Assault Dominator
Fortunata
Elec Armor/Ice Melee Tank
Fire/Will Scrapper
Fire/Rad Corruptor

1 year for a first post. to the day. lol.

Glad you posted JoCalibur welcome to the forums. Do you remember what server you were on?
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “General Discussion”