Community Priorities for 2018

Red5

Re: Community Priorities for 2018

Postby Red5 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:54 pm

All ready an amount of great suggestions and recommendations.

Me, I like to see your Web Site more updated. Q1 is nearly over and there are things still talking/pointing towards last year for example.

But also, I'd like to see things as they are locked in of sorts make appearances. Example FIre Blast. Disclaimer it as still Alpha and then Beta if need be, but show what ya got (text and icons). A lot easier to tell my friends 'hey check it out' and they can come here and scan around over having them have to watch youtube or dig through forums...if that makes sense.

I.e. your web site is your ambassador to the game..lack of info and outdated stuff is not helpful imho.
...reporting in.

TheAmazingFezz

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:25 pm

One of my big needs is a functioning side-kick system so that I can play with my buddies, no matter what. My friends and I are never the same level--it is just not realistic to wait for everyone else. Being able to side-kick is a must.... please.

As an aside, I've only been aware of this SOH for two days now and the level of professionalism and vision of mission is very apparent. It gives me so much more confidence in SOH than in other games (especially since you keep delivering on your timeline projections). Keep delivering! I'll keep trusting... and verifying :)

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:20 am

"9. Details on powers and powersets are among the most desired information."

I think you have this wrong.. I think the most desired information is ...
*in a childs voice*
Can we play yet? How about now? Can we play yet. Where are we gonna get there? How about now? How soon is "soon"? I have to pee!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:43 am

*also in a child's voice*

SHE'S TOUCHING ME! SHE TOOK MY GAME BOY! SHE COVERED MY EYES WHILE I WAS FIGHTING THE LAST BOSS AND I DIED! WHEN CAN I GET MY SNIPE POWER SO I CAN GET 'ER BACK?

*keep in mind I grew up with 4 sisters and no brothers*
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 pm

*also in a child's voice*

SHE'S TOUCHING ME! SHE TOOK MY GAME BOY! SHE COVERED MY EYES WHILE I WAS FIGHTING THE LAST BOSS AND I DIED! WHEN CAN I GET MY SNIPE POWER SO I CAN GET 'ER BACK?
lol
*keep in mind I grew up with 4 sisters and no brothers*
Got me beat. no brothers but 3 sisters.

at least I got a room to myself. the bathroom on the other hand...
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:37 pm

The last outlook we had was January. While admittedly February was a busy month, it is now almost April. Time for a quick signpost to tell us where we're headed in the near future? One of the things I value most about this project is the amount of communication about progress and milestones. Please don't go all [project name redacted] on us.

Atma

Postby Atma » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Character customization: That is probably the main aspect of the game and what made me play champions online for so long, despite their horrid questing. I understand that there are lore reasons and technical difficulties but, as of the "character creator upgrades" video, the body modifications of soh are rather bland. So what i hope of the character creator in 2018 are skins of all colors, textures and hair/fur patterns, face sliders with a whole lot more power, height and body mass slider (where are the fat dwarfs and slendermen?), heterochromia and glowing eye(s). Also, something that is simple and yet blew my mind when i played FFXIV (japanese games are famous for character customization) was the ability to choose a resting pose for your character. How awesome would it be if i could make a gopnik that squats after remaining 5s still.
boob/ass sliders and physics

Powers sets: The more the merrier, even though abilities are bound to repeat themselves.

Enemies/World: I'd like to see more development of their AI, the addition of animations and variety of opponents. Also, i personally prefeer visual clarity than details, one or two main colors and a few distinguishing characteristics instead of a complex garment with many patterns. This is also true for the environments. Also, since there's flight, i'd hope for more vertical and condensed environments. I think the more content you have in higher altitudes, the smaller the map should be. I also hope to see random enemy encounters and roaming groups of enemies.

Questing: I hope to see varied quests, similar to the fate encounters in POE and dynamic events in GW2.
"Knock, and He'll open the door.
Vanish, and He'll make you shine like the sun.
Fall, and He'll raise you to the heavens.
Become nothing, and He'll turn you into everything."

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:11 pm

I would love to see signature missions with bosses at lower levels like Frostfire from CoH. That was the first mission that made me feel heroic when I finished it and set the stage for the rest of the game moving forward.
aka Backer 68

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:57 pm

I would love to see signature missions with bosses at lower levels like Frostfire from CoH. That was the first mission that made me feel heroic when I finished it and set the stage for the rest of the game moving forward.
Concur we need a really good low level mission that people will remember for years and keep people hooked. i.e. a SoH "Frostfire" mission. Frostfire was a pain in the butt but I loved it.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “General Discussion”