The best task force/trials in COH

TheAmazingFezz

The best task force/trials in COH

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Morning everyone

I'm curious what task forces and trials you most enjoyed in COH and would like the SOH team to take note of. For me, this is an easy question:
1. The final encounter in The Abandoned Sewer Trial.

2. The Eden Trial.

3. Terra Volta respec trial.

These three were very well designed and enormously fun to play. They all offered unique tiles in the maps and had, more than any other, a tremendous sense of epic heroism.

Special mention must also go to Hammidon (every game needs at least one zone-wide lagfest baddy. Yes, I'm serious).
And a special mentioned must be given to the task forces in the shadow shard, very epic feeling indeed.

Let me know

TheAmazingFezz

Golden Ace

Re: The best task force/trials in COH

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:57 pm

The abandon sewer trial was a pain doing it.

I honestly don't remember Eden. someone will have to jog my memory

But in answer to your question. I liked the Terra Volta trial best. The last room had so many things going on. Belts, AOE for the room, Countdown, incoming mobs from the ceiling. it all came together to make a great fight.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:49 pm

I loved the the Rikti War zone (missions within).....the whole zone, the trial within and the being a part of Vanguard (plus it's Merit system).
...reporting in.

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:06 pm

I enjoyed all the taskforce and trials but my favorites were Synapse tf, ITF, and the respec trial did these so often...they were like regular missions to me I couldn't get enough.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:15 pm

The respec trial sucked at first, with a completion rate below 20% until they found the error in the programming math. Once they fixed it it was a lot of fun IMO.

My favorite trial was the Rikti Ship trial. I had a blast every time I ran it!

My favorite TF was the Lord Recluse one. That one had a really good story, and you got to see how evil Lord Recluse was. The end battle was challenging and very satisfying when you finished it.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Manchine

Postby Manchine » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Frostfire was my favorite. Of course Positron once they split it up. Were my two favorite. Positron showed a variety of villains. Frostfire felt like you were fighting a real super villain.
Check out my Super hero comic at www.globaldefenseforce.net its a real comic that started out as a web comic from city of heroes.

Also check facebook out #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame for a board game where you can make your own characters.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:03 pm

lol I thought about it some and...

I was like I hope there is a Justice Corp equivalent to Vanguard of CoH. Complete with merit system for exclusive Corp gear and costume pieces.

...reporting in.

TheAmazingFezz

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:27 pm

The Eden Trial was the one that started with your team falling down a mile deep pit, you fought through hordes of Devouring Earth, then saved the heroes who were trapped.

Makes me sad now few people played these mid level trials, and even the shadow shard task forces. One of the unintended consequences of having a game that was so fun to create characters is that people spent a huuuge amount of time playing level 1 to 10 over and over.

What are your thoughts on hamidon? Should ship of heroes have at least one zone sized world boss? I know people didn't fight hamidon as much near the end, but for a while hamidon was very popular.

TheAmazingFezz

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Oh no!

I'm so ashamed that I forgot the amazing Ernesto Hess task force, where you stop the Council from releasing the giant robot that they were building inside of the volcano. You fought nazis, vampires, and werewolves.

Who couldn't love that one. In fact that entire zone was so well done.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:39 pm

The Eden Trial was the one that started with your team falling down a mile deep pit, you fought through hordes of Devouring Earth, then saved the heroes who were trapped.
Yes! How could I have forgotten that one. lol the bridges I remember falling off once. ... twice.... :/ it was a fun task force

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Oh no!

I'm so ashamed that I forgot the amazing Ernesto Hess task force, where you stop the Council from releasing the giant robot that they were building inside of the volcano. You fought nazis, vampires, and werewolves.

Who couldn't love that one. In fact that entire zone was so well done.

I had forgotten that one too.

lol

I remember my first one. the positron taskforce against the clockwork. that thing took forever.

wayyyback

Postby wayyyback » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:53 pm

The Cavern of Transcendence Trial. I never got bored with this. It was fun to get on different teams to see how they handle it. Or, lead a team and see how they handle it.

Codex

Postby Codex » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

The Terra Volta respec was the first real TF I did and the feeling of accomplishment in finishing it was amazing.

Later when doing this TF again, I was on a team with 3 ill/rad controllers. We surrounded the reactor with the phantom army and the enemy had zero chance to getting to it.

So much fun and thanks for making me remember the fun!
aka Backer 68

TheAmazingFezz

Postby TheAmazingFezz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:51 pm

This isn't me... but it does bring back fond memories.

Eden Trial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MONCTk0BXos

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:38 pm

I liked the Terra Volta respec, that was a lot of fun.

The Abandoned Sewer Trial was more fun duo-ing it than with a large team. I'm sorry I missed the time period when it might have been possible to solo it. But on a large team, it was seriously chaotic but unlike the Terra Volta, more senselessly chaotic than fun.

Return to “General Discussion”