Costume poll (tell us in the forums)

Pyrion

Costume poll (tell us in the forums)

Postby Pyrion » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 am

I checked all the boxes. The other part for me is body parts. Nice to have a brain in a vat as a head or a hook as a hand for those special characters. Don't need those options at the start (so take your time) but would be nice to have.

Golden Ace

Re: Costume poll (tell us in the forums)

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:20 am

Generally speaking, which of these costume types appeal to you?

• Heroic costumes – spandex and masks
  • Formal costumes – dresses and suits
  • Casual costumes – t-shirts and jeans
  • Paramilitary costumes – camo and pouches
  • Other – tell us in the forums

went with the traditional spandex and masks and other because I have always liked the iron man concept where you have a metallic suit.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Red5

Postby Red5 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:08 am

I like all of it but what really appeals to me is tech (think like Circuitry from CoH) and tech armor....or even better tech under and over outfits/options.

Ambassador's look is a great start but I'd understand signature heroes have signature only outfits.
...reporting in.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Definitely the spandex-and-hero stuff!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Definitely the spandex-and-hero stuff!
Couldn't agree more. Want to see this with the different face cut outs and patterns.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

I voted for formal and casual because that's what my hero's will be wearing. I don't think I ever dressed any of mine in spandex ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Nephthys

Postby Nephthys » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Happy Thoughts

Postby Happy Thoughts » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 pm

I went with "other" because, although I'll certainly be using most of the options listed (and more, hopefully), the main costume feature I want is layers. The type/style of costume will vary depending on the character's individual story, but most characters will benefit from the ability to mix and match layers.

Healy

Postby Healy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:35 pm

I voted for 'other'...didn't realize I could vote for all (like Pyrion!) but I would have if I had thought of it.

I really like diversity in costume options so I can shape the concept of the hero with the looks. I liked the ability to have a couple options to switch between and certainly agree that different options can come over time....

for perspective, I had a friend with a toon called Miss Informed, a cute heroine that was just struck me funny with the play on names....I immediately wanted to create a Miss "something", when I saw circuit board spandex, I came up with Miss Wired, electrical blaster....she was a pretty plain toon, long brown hair, a simple green mask over her eyes, and a generally average body size/shape with a techie look. I also created a Ms. Fitte who was a little more of a 'work out' wear clothed toon that packed a big punch. Pretty sure I had keybinds that would promote a healthy lifestyle in a corny way too....

As another example, I was kind of bored looking for a different type of toon....as I scrolled through the many options of headgear, I saw the knight's helmet and pondered life a little....then came up with two concepts, Sir Hitsalot and SIr Laughsalot, the first one was a basic knight with scrapper sword action (cant remember the power) and Laughsalot had kind of 'jester' shoes, silly harlequin patterned pants and some silly emblem on his chest...maybe a chicken or something.

My bottom line thoughts, please provide options, we will work with them.....will fully respect that Devs will need to prioritize to make progress but please have a place in your roadmap of releases to offer new and different costume parts and types over time.

Kindly,
Healy

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:44 pm

First thing I was going to make was a human creature hybrid. Went with other. Even the crappy DCUO had those, albeit poorly done.

Bilious Slick

Postby Bilious Slick » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm

I chose all five options because I'm a roleplayer, and therefore like to give each of my characters all kinds of outfits for different occasions. Various seasonal wear, a formal outfit, at least one hero costume... and of course, the costume varies depending on the character, assuming the character even bothers with costumes at all, e.g. John Hancock from the film Hancock.

If I had to choose just one theme... well, I wouldn't be able to! But since I know that cybernetic costume pieces are planned, I'll say that I hope a spine (like the Cybertech Spine "backpack" pieces from CoH) will be among them. I had an idea for a character whose natural spine shattered beyond repair and had to be replaced; the cybernetic replacement interfaced with her nervous system in a way that essentially "awoke" a dormant mutation she'd unknowingly been born with, allowing her to control electrical machinery.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:54 pm

Robot/Android parts arms, legs, head
Steam pump look like COH's nemesis.
Stuff like that. ;)
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am

Throwing my hat into the ring ... I vote for Paramilitary costumes / Casual costumes and i want extra like belts amulets gloves boots shoes the other fancy costumes out fits can come later but ill stick with the working mans outfit first ...
( there is quite a fight brewing in Eulb household the wife does not agree ... ) :roll: :cry:
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

PolarisEnergy

Postby PolarisEnergy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:07 am

I voted for all of the above because I like to make various, detailed costumes. I would look forward to as many options as you can fathom.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 am

I voted for 'other'...didn't realize I could vote for all (like Pyrion!) but I would have if I had thought of it.
In general, on these polls and other such forms, round circles are what they call radio buttons, when you select one it automatically deselects any others so you can only have one. Square boxes are check boxes and you can select as many as you want.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “Polling Discussion”