Suggested Worlds You would like to see in game.

Midnight

Re: Suggested Worlds You would like to see in game.

Postby Midnight » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:43 am

Psst there's three of us. I know a guy...
Why should you be the only three? I watch it too, its a fitting series after all (for anyone with an affinity for Comics) and a good one too ;)
I guess I just need to stop reading the online reviews.....

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:09 am

Psst there's three of us. I know a guy...
Why should you be the only three? I watch it too, its a fitting series after all (for anyone with an affinity for Comics) and a good one too ;)
I guess I just need to stop reading the online reviews.....
Everything is always a question of personal perceptions, so I don´t know about the reviews but I know that it is important to know what you are expecting - for example I pretty often met people being not satisfied with one action movie being not deep enough or the story being to simple and so on. Thing is, that certain movie for example was not meant to be deep. Any genre got his own things were people have their eyes on and if somebody watches it, he has (or not if he likes not being satisfied) to be willing to accept and adapt. So if I watch a Thriller I want a deep and surprising story, if I watch a Comedy I want to laugh, if I watch a Martial Arts Movie I want good Choreography and if I watch SciFi or Fantasy I want to see nice effects. Everything in one is not realistic and would overwhelm one movie anyway. So the best is not reading to much what others may think but instead think about what is important for you and judge the movie or the series after that (I for my part enjoyed more stuff going this way). And if you want to have an opinion I for example have a few friends who watch certain things and those are the ones I ask because I know how they think and that they cannot wait to go into the theatres anyway ;). That is a review from a person from what I know what to expect. But thats just how I see it, doesn´t has to mean I am right. Have fun in any way
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Meridian

Postby Meridian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:26 pm

And now for the "Ship Grave Yard " where the AI's from all kinds of ships start to combined together and became self-aware then the Self-aware bots make other bots from all the material that end up here in the grave yard ...
I'd like to make sure that what we're doing is heroic.
Just showing up on other species' planets and punching aliens in the face isn't very heroic.

This AI idea is a good one because it implies malicious thought and a monolithic species without individualism, as such. Not too hard to find the moral or ethical high ground there.
Fighting a villain who has subjugated a primitive alien population?
Same here.
Just a couple examples where it's pretty black and white that we have a moral imperative to get involved.
Last edited by Meridian on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meridian

The Prime Directive Planet

Postby Meridian » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:35 pm

What about a pre-industrial [or maybe early industrialization--just depends on what the creative team wants to design] developing planet where in order to visit, we have to wear a holographic disguise?

On the planet are non-native bad guys who are trying to interfere with the planet's development and assume positions of power and influence. We have to run missions to root them out using either detective work or detection devices, and defeat them without revealing ourselves to the locals (when possible).

I don't want to get into too much "temporary powers/items" inventory management and clicking, I'm more imagining this stuff as written into the story. But you could also have a Men In Black device I guess.

You can call this proposal The Prime Directive Planet.
It basically leaves all the art, level design, etc completely open to the developers, except that the tech level can't be too futuristic, they have to be behind us. I guess for that matter, anything pre-computing could work.

But it does give a pretty good template for missions.

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 am

Very cool idea, Meridian!

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:52 am

I just can´t put my finger on it but some little voice in me is whispering this little phrase
"Star Trek"
anybody knows what it means ?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:54 am

I just can´t put my finger on it but some little voice in me is whispering this little phrase
"Star Trek"
A five year mission that turned into a 40 year epic which completely lost the plot...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:09 am

"Star Trek"
A five year mission that turned into a 40 year epic which completely lost the plot...
Well I would lie if I would say, that I don´t like the ST Universe (though I have to say, that I am not really impressed with the last few movies to say the least, and also am not that happy with their newest projects) but it is complicated as I see it, to let that fit into this universe without copyright trouble

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:07 am

Don’t get me started on the more recent Star Trek’s… Too late.

The whole Abramsverse Is stupid as all get out. You have a kid that not even finished the academy and placed in charge of a starship. I don’t care what universe you’re in that is never going to happen. The planet Romulus is destroyed by a supernova that happened in another system… The writers didn’t even understand the basic concept or the director didn’t- it’s like saying I did the kessel run in 12 parsecs...

The two people who made the movies - One of them said he had never even seen Star Trek, the other one said he always hated it.

Star Trek has always been science-fiction, not science fantasy. The latest movies have crossed the line into science fantasy.

As for the latest series...

This series is supposed to take place 10 years before Kirk took control of the enterprise. However they have higher tech than the old series. and the major proponent are the Klingons but it’s not the Klingons we know. They changed the race completely. If you really wanted to do a new Star Trek They should have put in a new race for them and not change an old one that literally everyone knows everything about and they should have put it around the time of the next-generation To explain the tech they have
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:48 am

Didn´t we have that conversation before ;)?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 am

didn´t we have that conversation before ;)?
lol, maybe, but it gave me something to do on my train ride this morning.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am

oh, going to work? - well maybe you can think about the origin of your character ;)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:26 am

oh, going to work? - well maybe you can think about the origin of your character ;)
yep. - already have the origin. just need to see how much space they allow in game to write it.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 am

yep. - already have the origin. just need to see how much space they allow in game to write it.
or you sent it to lunawhisp and she creates a book of shortstories with our origins - fitting to the Universe ;)
you read her short story to her character already? Its really worth taking a look

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am

or you sent it to lunawhisp and she creates a book of shortstories with our origins - fitting to the Universe ;)
you read her short story to her character already? Its really worth taking a look
I might do that. I've been to his site.

Return to “General Discussion”