Places the " Ship " can go

Eulb

Places the " Ship " can go

Postby Eulb » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Gooch you made a coment regarding other places to visit ...
... and all of the directions it could go I read in another forum somewhere that someone thought it would be too limiting to be in a spaceship. Too limiting? The spaceship is just our home base, with a universe to explore, that we're moving through. Will we beam out to visit other space-based cities? Where things have gone horribly wrong? Will we take shuttles to abandoned hostile moons that have been converted and populated? Will we one day land on other planets? Stay tuned!
Id like to make another suggestion of places the ship could go to or visit ...

I've read several books regarding " Ring World " and those books very much intrigued me that there could be a ring or a halo around a star that would hold enough land mass to equal thousands of earths. Spinning fast enough to hold the atmosphere with in the rim ... the ship could visit this kind of place that would have thousands of different environments to play with...

or a Place where a small star has captured a sphere of air , and holds a forest of gigantic trees with-in a gravity well ring - equilibrium " Integral Trees " ... the ship could visit a kind of place like this ... don't have to use trees could use rocks floating like " Firebase Zulu , Chantry , Storm Place or the like...

another place to visit ... a planet where the dominate species is a fire-breathing dragons that help protect the planet from threads of an approaching rogue planets carnivorous life from crosses over on the pass by ... well i know we cant use this exactly but this is for imagination provoking ...

Last suggestion ... a Desert planet where little water can be found and a species gigantic worms are to be avoided while exploring and harvesting a valuable commodity ...

all these places are possable and even more ... BUT let not forget the other 19 lvl's of the " FHS Justice " that need to be built...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Golden Ace

Re: Places the " Ship " can go

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm

lol someone likes Larry Niven. :D

I love all the known space books by him. they were some of the first science fiction books I read. I think E.E. Doc Smith's books were the first, but Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle were a close second.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Red5

Postby Red5 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:13 am

Down the road ofc...

I would like to have access to FTL flight and be able to leave ship and fly to POI/Planets/Etc.

Or Teleport there.

but first definitely walk before flight lol

oops back on topic... gotta have one Vacation planet...Zigama beach, fhloston paradise, etc.
...reporting in.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:21 am

Loads of bonus points for the Pern reference - one of my wife's and my favourite book series :)

I'd love to see us visit more hard sci-fi megastructures like dyson swarms, o'neill cylinders and orbital/o-rings.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:02 am

While we are on the subject...

Make suggestions! Suggest a basic world you would like to see in the game. Maybe devote 3-4 paragraphs to a basic description. I would stay away from established worlds like Dune and Pern, but something somewhat based on their premise could be awesome!

If the dev team likes what you described, they may ask for a more fleshed out version. But keep in mind - if you give them an idea they want to use, you need to sign a release form for it. You may not want any $$$ for what you do, but there is someone out there in internet-land looking to make a fast buck who could tie your idea up in court for years - unless you sign a release form.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:49 am

While we are on places a ship will go. once visited can the ship drop off a teleport chamber so we can always go back to the world even though the ship will be light years away? I'd hate to see a world once then not see it again for years.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 am

While we are on places a ship will go. once visited can the ship drop off a teleport chamber so we can always go back to the world even though the ship will be light years away? I'd hate to see a world once then not see it again for years.
The dev team wants to make each planetfall special, so they will be visited in cycles. But fret not! The cycles will be less than a year, and a particularly well made planet may get visited more than once or twice a year.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

CopperRaven

Postby CopperRaven » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 pm

While we are on the subject...

Make suggestions! Suggest a basic world you would like to see in the game. Maybe devote 3-4 paragraphs to a basic description. I would stay away from established worlds like Dune and Pern, but something somewhat based on their premise could be awesome!

If the dev team likes what you described, they may ask for a more fleshed out version. But keep in mind - if you give them an idea they want to use, you need to sign a release form for it. You may not want any $$$ for what you do, but there is someone out there in internet-land looking to make a fast buck who could tie your idea up in court for years - unless you sign a release form.

I have developed a world in the Grim society on my channel that is vast. I started it about 20 years ago. I will try to explain it in short form. ( somethings are secret until released on my channel) there is a vast underworld of creatures called Grims. The king of them is the Reaper. Grims have a social society with a construct of deceiving like the Game of Thrones. I hated the fact Jason, Freddy Kruger and so on had no depth. I created a massive world of powerful creatures that use psychological abilities to manipulate humans. These creatures can have underlings who want to become Grims. there is a massive range of abilities and creatures. My dream is to get this in Netflix and you can currently see some of this on my channel. I have had to take a break due to the fact it takes 35 to 45 hours of work for 6 min video. I work a full time job so you can imagine.
Anyways if you are genuinely interested I'd be willing to give basic concept of this world and what is going on. It is impossible to type it here nor would I want to run the risk of somethings getting out.

Anyways just an idea
Last edited by CopperRaven on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:50 am

I have developed a world in the Grim society on my channel that is vast.
Okay, those prank scares are hilarious :D That's some impressively good costuming and sfx you have going there.

"She didn't even offer me a popsicle" :P
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

CopperRaven

Postby CopperRaven » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:12 am

I have developed a world in the Grim society on my channel that is vast.
Okay, those prank scares are hilarious :D That's some impressively good costuming and sfx you have going there.

"She didn't even offer me a popsicle" :P
Oh lol well thank you. I was referring to my short films. I had to do those in order to get the Grims Out there. It was a undertaking far more than I expected. I am glad you enjoyed it :D

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:38 pm

New planet --- " Crescent Ring " estimated arrival ...5 days ...
5 days before arrival--- As you view through the ships portal you see a star with a Bright Crescent in close proximity to that sun .
4 days before arrival ---As you view through the ships portal you see that the crescent is now a full ring around the star one side bright and the other lighter...
3 days before arrival ---As you view through the ships portal you now see the ring around that star it has two defined segments in very close proximity to each other ... one land and the other atmosphere.
2nd day before arrival --- As you view through the ships portal you now can make out the inside ring has a bright red service that is always facing the sun. The inside of the ring facing the sun has spots of molten material scattered throughout the surface. The outsides of the inner ring is trimmed with thousands of spires towering hundreds of miles on each side of the ring forming a U shape made of hardened lava with the bottom of the U facing the sun and the hardened lava spires forming the sides of the U.
1 day before arrival --- As you view through the ships portal you now can see the outside of the ring is composed of Clouds , these clouds are the atmosphere that is trapped between the two sides of the spire ring walls. With the inside surface always facing the star and the outside surface all ways facing away... you realize that there is no night on either side for the cloud cover is providing a light reflection and a heat sink distribution for this world .
Arrival day --- As you look down through the ships portal into this new land from the stationary position above the center of the ring . You are relive that the ring shields the "Justice" from the harsh solar radiation being this close to the small sun.
Shuttle landing --- As you step out into the Crescent world you notice the heavy humidity of this world you say " There's a lot of water here " . You look to the sky and its filled with rainbows , made from light refracting through the Spires and in the clouds.
As you stare to the horizon you are humbled by the Black Spire walls that appear hundreds of miles high and double that in width. you look to the center of this crescent, and see the vast grassy plains and lakes.

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 am

A Planet could be like a introduction to a storyline too

So you reach a planet, which you have to explore (maybe populated, could be even hostile), which has a gateway to another planet. This one would be my favorite idea out of one of my creations, meaning a planet of "God-Tribes". You have a city of olympians of egyptians of North Gods of Celtic Gods and so on (and as much as you like and have time creating for - Mythology is kind of a hobby of mine - so I could give more ideas ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 pm

What about a unique travel power or free travel power while on the planet, or while the planet is influencing the ship.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:11 am

Next Planet --- Sponge World --- from space this one looks like just a water planet ...
At closer look you see a labyrinth of islands all connected to one another is a patchwork pattern ...
After landing on a island you find that the labyrinth pattern goes underground and under water ...
After finding a cave to go underground you find that the whole planet is a big sponge Structure with pockets of water and earth throughout the structure of the planet...
The plant and animal life are both amphibious , both can live in water and air ...
To settle the light problem when you leave the service of the planet , the plants and animals have both adapted to bio-luminous in their body structure for the light ...
The Greatest treasure of this planet is the coral / gem harvesting ( for US Crafters )

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 am

So I had this ideal and as I wrote it I went dang...this is potentially Avatar :( :( Guess my creativity well only runs so deep...

Planet: H'tabbas

F.H.S. Pinnacle recently discovers an Earth like planet, that is rich with unobtainium. The denizens of the world are human like and all demonstrate Super Powers. In fact as a direct result of evolving on such a world for far longer than the Federation has ever existed, many of the denizens display greater control and a wider variety of said powers. Their tech level is less than ours primarily because their powers are so much more evolved*.

They are very welcoming of, as they call us in their native language, their "stellar cousins" for the most part. However they are very very dynamically opposed in regards to trade of Unobtainium**. So much so, shortly after first contact, splinter groups quickly rose propagating a type of xenophobia against us***. These factions are small, but depending on our future interactions could potentially flame their fires...just by us being there. Risk assessment is currently low..problems exist and may escalate, but atm is low.

Federation has decided to continue relations for now. Hopes for Unobtainium trade is not off the list, but is respectfully off the table for now. F.H.S. will allow them onto ships. The governments of H'tabbas are allowing visitation and welcome trade other than unobtainium. Federation is limiting which ships that can visits initially****.

*example of agriculture why develop tech for farming when you have ppl that can touch the grown/sing/mentally communicate/etc. and make plants grow or control weather/change atomic levels to enrich the soil

**they are very aware the source of their evolutionary powers and view such trades may doom future generations of their potential.

***it is not clear if this is paranoia/hysteria and/or grounded in past experiences

****obviously this allows dynamic game play. Terrorist cells may infiltrate a ship and run havoc for a time. Issues could arise on landfall visits. Maybe the need for Unobtainium, forces the Federation down a dark chapter of history...assuredly and ultimately coarse corrected and everything works out.
...reporting in.

Return to “General Discussion”