What I would like to see in the first year after live

Manchine

What I would like to see in the first year after live

Postby Manchine » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:07 pm

This is what I would like. It is very much my hopes and opinions. What are some of your hopes for the 1 year anniversary?
  1. Increase in Character Level, this goes hand and hand with #2. Much like City of Heroes in the first 3 months (actually 2 since I am waiting to post this and looked it up) I hope they raise the level cap.
  2. At least 2 new zones one of which will go with the increase level cap. City of heroes added 6 new zones by the end of its first year.
  3. Super Group Levels, I have asked for this on many games. Including back when they were making Champions Online. They had said yeah thats on there list but they never did it. This would go by Reputation of SG. This could give out new SG abilities like Teleport to Mission or Rez but have like 1 hour time out on it. When bases come into effect its an easy way to get specific rooms. Which leads to #4.
  4. Designable Super Group Bases, stay away from the Champions Online generic Base.
  5. Of course new powers to go into each group.
  6. With new zones New Villain Groups should be added.
Check out my Super hero comic at www.globaldefenseforce.net its a real comic that started out as a web comic from city of heroes.

Also check facebook out #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame for a board game where you can make your own characters.

Dirtsleeper

Re: What I would like to see in the first year after live

Postby Dirtsleeper » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:18 pm

Personally, I like all of these ideas except for #3. The only thing that I have against #3 is that larger Super Groups would probably have a distinct advantage over smaller Super Groups unless the requirements were based on the Super Group size. Even then, it's still easy to run into "Optimal Super Group Size" where it could discourage Super Groups from growing past that size until they've reached the highest Super Group Level. Then if the Super Group level cap gets raised, they could just start kicking members so they can get back to the optimal size.
Ship of Heroes Programmer

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:46 pm

I don't understand the supergroup level thing. but if you have to kick people for an optimum size requirement I'm against it.

Going to throw in personal lairs and super group bases for what I would like to see in the first year.

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

it took me 17 minutes to post this...

been clicking every minute sometimes several times a minute...

I officially HATE what you just did to the forums.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Manchine

Postby Manchine » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Pretty easy to prevent people from Optimizing as much (because any leveling system has optimization) make it cost Reputation to Kick people. Of course this is just my idea. No one has ever gone through with it. :D

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

it took me 17 minutes to post this...

been clicking every minute sometimes several times a minute...

I officially HATE what you just did to the forums.
Yeah I have already mentioned this a few times today! :mrgreen:
Check out my Super hero comic at www.globaldefenseforce.net its a real comic that started out as a web comic from city of heroes.

Also check facebook out #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame for a board game where you can make your own characters.

Solari

Postby Solari » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:18 am

How big were Cryptic when they pushed out all that content for CoH in the early days? Just interested in the people to output ratio, really...

If SoH is a success then we could potentially see a nice expansion in employees dedicated to content creation so I'd imagine that getting shiny things quickly hinges on subscriber numbers. :)

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:34 am

How big were Cryptic when they pushed out all that content for CoH in the early days? Just interested in the people to output ratio, really...

If SoH is a success then we could potentially see a nice expansion in employees dedicated to content creation so I'd imagine that getting shiny things quickly hinges on subscriber numbers. :)
Cryptic Studios:
Management Team
Michael Lewis, Bruce Rogers, Jack Emmert, Matt Harvey, Craig Zinkievich

Design Department
Jack Emmert, Al Rivera, Sean Michael Fish, Matthew Miller, Craig Zinkievich, Michael Lewis, Melissa Bianco, Brian Gilmore, E.J. Nelson, David Wood, Jane Kalmes, Thomas Foss, David Cook, Shane Lacy Hensley, Floyd Grubb, Josh Ferguson, Nelli Hughes, Randy William, Randy Mosiondz, Zeke Sparkes, John Yoo, Joe Morrissey

Programming Department
Bruce Rogers, Shannon Posniewski, Matt Woomer, Martin Simpson, C.W. Bennett, Mark Kalmes, Jimb Esser, Michael Parent, Jonathan Shieh, Jered Windshemier, Vince D'Amelio, Conor Dickinson, Raoul van Prooijen, Jonathan Wills, Aaron Brady, Lincoln Hamilton, Sam Thompson, Ben Zeigler, Brett Harris

Art Department
Matt Harvey, Steve Stacy, Jeremy Mattson, Chris Sutton, Chris Chamberlain, Nate Stephens, Jeff Jenkins, Ian Casteneda, Doug Gaston, Kirk Young, Ryan Roth, Ryan Butts, Mike Apolis, Ocala Bellows, Avery Wong, Mark Damico, Christopher Luckenbach, Jay Doherty, Ken Morse, Brian Wyser, Louise Bell, Duncan Kay, Davis Renshaw, Neil Melville, Nick Duguid, Shayne Herrera

Sound and Music Department
Michael Henry, Joe Lyford

Design Support Department
Geoff Tuffli, Rob Overmeyer, Ray Snyder

Production Department
Craig Zinkievich, Serdar Copur, Richard Higbee, Anthony Grandlich

Paragon Studios (I believe this was just before sunset):
Management Team
Brian Clayton (General Manager/Executive Producer), Melissa Bianco (Lead Designer)

Design Department
Chris Behrens (Senior Designer), Melissa Bianco (Lead Designer), Black Scorpion, Jonathan Courney (Powers), Sean Michael Fish (Writer/Consultant), John Hegner (Lore/Writer), Chris Hockabout (World Designer), Sean McCann (Mission Architect/Writer), Matt Miller (Systems Design), Joe Morrissey (Writer/Bible), Ray Snyder (Design Support), Phil Zeleski (Powers/Designer)

Programming Department
C.W. Bennett, Aaron Brady (Lead Software Engineer), Mike Chock (Graphics), Vince D'Amelio, Garth Gillespie, Scott Nelson, Matt Stults, Ghost Widow, Dave G

Art Department
Cheryl Austin (Character Artist), Keetsie Braz da Cunha (FX Artist), Leo Braz da Cunha (FX Artist), Colin Brown (Character Animator), Jay Doherty (Character/Costume), Ken Morse (Previously Lead Artist), David Nakayama (Art Lead), Jason Olmstead (UI), Don Pham (Environmental/3D Artist), Ryan Roth (Environmental Artist), Carolina Tello Alvarado (Concept Artist)

Production Department
Avatea (Assistant Community Manager), C. Bales, Beastyle (Community Moderator), Andy Belford (Community Manager), Nate Birkholz (Associate Producer), Ross Borden (Dir. Business & Marketing), Theresa Bottenhorn (HR/Office Mom), Rachel Bristol, Jesse Caceres (Development Producer), Kevin Callanan (Moderator 13) (Community Moderator), Arbiter Curry (Bugs), Richard Higbee (AP/Build Engineer), Eric Johnsen (Associate Producer), Arbiter Kim (Lead Bug Guy), Arbiter Oates (Bugs)

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 pm

The pace of development doesn't bother me providing its there, the exciting thing is being involved at the beginning.
COH was a long term game with loads of personal and game development over the years.

I think a lot of people think the same way and are relieved devs are not over stretching themselves.

I would rather it was done properly than rushed, this is after all a subscription based game rather than f2p. A lot of personal time can be invested in this and would be upsetting if it failed.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 pm

I hated when CoH went F2P. I thought then that it was going to be the downfall of the game. I was wrong it was ncsoft for which my hate knows no bounds. still I hate F2P I think its a bad business model.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:16 pm

CoH Did this correctly by making them badges that SGs earn to unlock certain things. This takes away any type of level requirement etc and allows the SG to focus on badges/perks they feel are valuable. I would not tie these achievements to the ranking/points/score of a SG as that will just encourage people to kick lower levels in order to achieve these things.
This is what I would like. It is very much my hopes and opinions. What are some of your hopes for the 1 year anniversary?
  1. Increase in Character Level, this goes hand and hand with #2. Much like City of Heroes in the first 3 months (actually 2 since I am waiting to post this and looked it up) I hope they raise the level cap.
  2. At least 2 new zones one of which will go with the increase level cap. City of heroes added 6 new zones by the end of its first year.
  3. Super Group Levels, I have asked for this on many games. Including back when they were making Champions Online. They had said yeah thats on there list but they never did it. This would go by Reputation of SG. This could give out new SG abilities like Teleport to Mission or Rez but have like 1 hour time out on it. When bases come into effect its an easy way to get specific rooms. Which leads to #4.
  4. Designable Super Group Bases, stay away from the Champions Online generic Base.
  5. Of course new powers to go into each group.
  6. With new zones New Villain Groups should be added.
Original backer #122.

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 am

I am most likely in the minority here, but, I would like to see, at some point after the game launches, a Dominator Archetype, or something similar to what CoV had. I have to say, Dominators were my favorite Archetype to play (then Scrappers, then Blasters). Looking forward to launch.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Warhead

Postby Warhead » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:32 am

I would expect more archetypes and powers. Probably a new level to the ship. Mostly want to see the super group bases and individual housing.

Manchine

Postby Manchine » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:25 pm

I am most likely in the minority here, but, I would like to see, at some point after the game launches, a Dominator Archetype, or something similar to what CoV had. I have to say, Dominators were my favorite Archetype to play (then Scrappers, then Blasters). Looking forward to launch.

Everyone is looking hoping for something. :mrgreen:

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 am

Not at all, I think the Dominator was a brilliant archetype, and I had great fun with mine. Hilariously, my two mains were a scrapper and a controller, and I ended up playing my dominator as a pure melee range character - I took none of the ranged powers (except the level 1 which I had no choice about), and added in air superiority and the fighting power pool, and used the control powers as her defense. So she was literally an exact blend of my two mains :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am

I want to see after a year from release ...
a bunch of new-bee's spawning in at the capital building ...
the market place filled with toons selling their crafted items at screens ...
the sky's filled with heroes flying over to the danger park after forming a team...
the Justice Corp. building roof top crowed with peeps waiting for a turn to practice a newly acquired power...
the chat window scrolling by at a constant pace reading bout how others did and how there missions went that they got from a special mission quest guide ...

I just want to see the ship filled Peeps having fun...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Red5

Postby Red5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:52 am

my 2 cents in no real particular order...
  • more powers particularly power pool equivalent
  • crafting recipies...and crafting should be worth the effort...talking like making Hami-o's at the top tier...or crafting should be meaningful and better than anything you get from a mob drop
  • level cap to 50 and zones to accommodate that. I believe player made missions and mission scaling and taskforce equivalents if in early will buy time from folks losing interest...double so if crafting is working and folks are farming because it is worth it
  • more costume parts and pieces we <3 love this and need this imho*
  • if not already... radio/newspaper missions equivalent(s)
There is a great amount of more I would like to see in the first year, but I think these things will hold my interest (not in and of themselves) the most.

*=Stromgard my BS/REGEN Scrapper sported many a costume but always had that signature of a sword and a golden arm
...reporting in.

Return to “General Discussion”