What are you looking forward to most in SoH?

Golden Ace

Re: What are you looking forward to most in SoH?

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:46 am

Thanks Golden

I have purposely avoided paragon chat until now as i didn't want the pain. Loaded it up and have ventured inside, it has given me shivers just running around. Pity there is no pvp lol but it is nice to use the travel powers again.
I did too until I found this place.

Now when I log in I badge hunt for something to do inside it.

but to be able to fly around again was great.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm

I remember the special Christmas location on the ski slopes. I found the atmosphere with the gentle alpine sounds very relaxing. Took me back to when used to snowboard as a youngster before i got married.

I can't remember how you got to the map was it through pocket D?
You can still do the ski runs and get the badges as well. Six of them, three for each of the runs based on the time you take to complete each one. We currently have 478 badges available in Paragon Chat.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm

each one. We currently have 478 badges available in Paragon Chat.
478? I have a long way to go then. have just over 200 now. :(

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:34 pm

each one. We currently have 478 badges available in Paragon Chat.
478? I have a long way to go then. have just over 200 now. :(
If you get stuck, they're all listed on ParagonWiki. Or if you can catch me online I know where most of them are now.

I have them all on Fer, my happy little Fae dancer. Working to get them all on Kahleen, she's a little darklet who will smile gleefully while carving her initials on your chest with a stiletto :shock: Currently have about 350 or so on that one.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 pm

got them all on hero side, He's in the rouge isles now waiting for me to log in and collect them.

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:01 pm

In no particular order:

Bases: I would spend hours and hours designing my bases. I made a lot of my inf from contracting out and building bases for many SGs. At my peak I did one SG for the +3 Def PvP IO on top of 1.5 billion inf. Unlike a lot of base builders all my designs were "flicker" free as I thought that ruined the realness of the design.

Costumes: Come on I was a CoH player...so you know I was into the costume creator.

IOs: I LOVED min/maxing my characters and the IO system was a Godsend.

Farming: Yep I am one of those evil farmers.

Teaming up: The MAIN reason I have ad a hard time finding any MMO to play is that they all treat teaming as a secondary thought whereas CoH you could team from level 1 to 50+++. I loathe soloing moreso because I like the company, chat, etc.

Whooping baddie booty: Nothing makes you feel more heroic than a fun fight; especially completing a TF or Trial.
Original backer #122.

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:15 pm

Bases: I would spend hours and hours designing my bases. I made a lot of my inf from contracting out and building bases for many SGs. At my peak I did one SG for the +3 Def PvP IO on top of 1.5 billion inf. Unlike a lot of base builders all my designs were "flicker" free as I thought that ruined the realness of the design.
Well you learn something everyday, no idea you could do that. Guess i only scratched the surface of COH.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:13 am

To be honest, what I'm looking forward to most in SoH right now (after getting my hands on that character creator - I can see that taking up a LOT of time) is just getting into a brand new world and starting to explore. I have a hankering for a new MMO. I'll probably use Bless Online, when it finally gets released in the West, as a filler till SoH goes live.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:41 am

To be honest, what I'm looking forward to most in SoH right now (after getting my hands on that character creator - I can see that taking up a LOT of time) is just getting into a brand new world and starting to explore. I have a hankering for a new MMO. I'll probably use Bless Online, when it finally gets released in the West, as a filler till SoH goes live.
Yep, Bless Online is definitely on my radar!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:26 am

Definitely looking forward to the character creater and power/slot build fiddling the most.
But just having a good super hero MMO is the most

Josh Kage

Postby Josh Kage » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Hands down, its the augment system. I have searched high and low for any RPG system that might have anything like COX enhancements but found nothing that is even close...

I really miss having that, So many MMO's toss like a billion powers (LOOKING AT YOU WOW!) and very few editing tools for the powers. I think having fewer powers but more customization is something that a lot of RPG's lack, MMO or otherwise.
Im hoping there will be Augs that can give you full set perks too, like the crafted enhancements in COX. also looking forward to the Hami class for SOH. That has got to be what has got me most excited!!

Kudos folks! And again Thanks to the hard working teams working to keep this stuff working and become real! That can literally not be said enough!!

Return to “General Discussion”