COH is my crack

ginokid

COH is my crack

Postby ginokid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:47 pm

Its weird.. silly as it may sound, I really miss this game bad. Ive been thinking about it for years and even dream about it. lol
I feel like a crackhead and COH was my crack. :)

It also makes my heart ache :(

I really hope to play soon...... I almost can't stand it anymore :(

Eulb

Re: COH is my crack

Postby Eulb » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Its weird.. silly as it may sound, I really miss this game bad. Ive been thinking about it for years and even dream about it. lol
I feel like a crackhead and COH was my crack. :)It also makes my heart ache :(I really hope to play soon...... I almost can't stand it anymore :(
Your not alone in that addiction ... if i may add to your addiction Ginokid you should get onto PC ( paragon chat ) make a toon and do some badge hunting and attend a costume contest that will take a little of the pain away . PC is the COH game with out the PVE bad-ees

My wife Penniguin and i do attend a few of the costume contests... and try to meet any one who wants to do some badge hunting from SOH... on Saturday at 1 pacific ( 4 eastern)

Lately doggone IT... RL has been getting in the way ... but were planing to do more in the future until "Ship ( SOH) " comes out
We would be honored if you would join us ... we do have a team speak to use so look into the " coh addiction - in the General discussion section " for the address of TS

looking froward the fighting with you on the SHIP soon
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Blaze Rocker

Re: CoH was my crack

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm missing it pretty bad too.
CoH was both my first MMO and MMORPG. I'd been strictly console until 2000 and from then to CoH's launch I'd only played a couple FPSs online. Within two days of play I was addicted to CoH and after 7+ years of play it cemented itself as my favorite game of all-time. I've tried a few others over the years but nothing has the staying-power of CoH. I know about Paragon Chat but logging on without the actual game just seems kinda hollow, or like it's only a tease. "You can look but you can't touch."

I've waited five years so I think I can wait just a bit longer. I'm holding out hope I live long enough to meet you all in beta phase.

Seeing as how the Controller archetype hasn't been finalized yet I may post one or more of my set ideas for the AT and gauge the reaction. Could someone please point me to the best thread for making power set suggestions? Thanks.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:05 pm

Hey Blaze,

Fan Creations and Roleplay is where to put such things.

And, Consultant has stated that they have not given up on Controllers yet. If they can get the classes and powersets where they want them to be, but are waiting on other things, they may try and put out Controllers with maybe two primary powersets at release. No guarantees! But he said that so many people on these forums want Controllers ASAP that they will do their best to include them in beta and release, even if there are not many powersets to choose from.

As to classes;

Tankers will be a whole lot like CoH tankers, except that they will have a flimsy ranged attack included (a low damage blaster that all characters get).

Brawlers will be like Scrappers except they carry the aforementioned blaster.

Defenders will be suspiciously like the CoH types, although they may end up being renamed to help separate this game from City of X.

Devastators will be very, very similar to CoH Corruptors. Many people complained about Blasters, that they were Glass Cannons to the extreme. HGC agrees, and a Devastator will have a modified buff/ debuff/ healing set for their secondary powersets, although they will have more self buffs than Defenders.

The final form of Controllers is still to be determined. Some people would prefer they were like CoH Dominators, some prefer the classic CoH Controller. I personally think that they should be more like controllers, but with 2-3 ranged attacks included in their primary powerset with long timers; so a blend set. The devs have no plans to make any other ATs, so you won't be seeing Controllers followed by Dominators in a year or so. When Villains appear, they will use the exact same ATs and powersets as Heroes.

Of the six planned sets, Defenders, Devastators and Commanders (the SoH version of Masterminds) will have buff sets as either primary or secondary. If they made Controllers more like Dominators, its not like there would be no team buffs available! Also, some powersets used by Tankers and Brawlers will include team buffs, although don't expect a huge amount of buffing from the tank!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Thanks, dawg. I'll check it out.
I've got several sets complete that the devs might find interesting.

Eulb

Re: CoH was my crack

Postby Eulb » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Got you Blaze when you said ...
I'm missing it pretty bad too.
...CoH was both my first MMO and MMORPG... Within two days of play I was addicted to CoH and after 7+ years of play it cemented itself as my favorite game of all-time. I've tried a few others over the years but nothing has the staying-power of CoH. "You can look but you can't touch."
I've waited five years so I think I can wait just a bit longer. I'm holding out hope I live long enough to meet you all in beta phase...
and the waiting is all to hard and sometimes its over whelming ... it will be here sooner that you think.. or feel ... (COH was my first also )

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:45 am

Paragon Chat helps with the withdraw symptoms but it's mostly a hollow shell.
The music and backgrounds sounds are there. Still it's time to move on and outwards. :D
SOH help Us!!!
Last edited by Galactus55 on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Working as fast as we can. Without reducing quality, of course. :)

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Understood and appreciated. :)

Quality and paying attention to the wishes of the community are very important these days. I've seen developers ruin their own games, lose their players and put themselves out of a job because they ignored these things.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Listen to Galactus55
Paragon Chat helps with the withdraw symptoms but it's mostly a hollow shell. The music and backgrounds sounds are there. Still it's time to move on and outwards. :D SOH help Us!!!
I really does... it helps with those symptoms ... and yes hollow but still helps

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:46 pm

*Hug*
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Solari

Postby Solari » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:22 am

When I go into Pocket D in Paragon Chat, it makes me sad how empty it is. I remember venturing in there at the weekends and it being rammed.

*sigh*

Hardly anything holds my interest gaming-wise now. I really miss CoH and the amazing people I played with.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:13 pm

When it COH was going i really didn't thank to appreciate ... Shame on me shame shame ...

ginokid

Postby ginokid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:14 pm

The music and backgrounds sounds are there. Still it's time to move on and outwards. :D
SOH help Us!!!
wait your saying i have to install original coh and paragon chat?
or what and how?
how?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:25 pm

SOH help Us!!!
wait your saying i have to install original coh and paragon chat?
or what and how?
how?
Go here

https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?board=190.0

that's the Paragon chat board in the titans forums once there they have a Paragon Chat Installation thread you can look at.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “General Discussion”