Give us Buff Gal

Varkarrus

Give us Buff Gal

Postby Varkarrus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:40 pm

I noticed in the "improved CCT" that there's 3 body types; feminine, masculine, and male hulk. And this is what CoH did, but dang I'm not sure why Ship of Heroes would copy CoH's biggest flaw in character creation! Give us a female hulk body type, I assure you it'd get used a lot. I really want to draw attention to this issue ASAP before it becomes too hard to fix. I would even be willing to pay extra in-game to use such a character model.

If we can't create heroes with bodies like Big Bertha, or Jasper, I'd consider the CCT's goal a failure.

Jasix

Re: Give us Buff Gal

Postby Jasix » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:17 am

CoH's biggest flaw in character creation... uhh ok. To each their own I guess, but I have never wanted to create a huge female character. If anything I was always upset that I couldn't create a super tiny character in CoX. Who knows maybe after the game has been out awhile they will make Huge Female an option if they think it is warranted.
Original backer #122.

Zalgo

Postby Zalgo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:02 am

I personally find that while the character creator was quite diverse it distinctly lacked the ability to create non-humanoid characters. Centaurs, half spider folk and other strange critters are distinctly absent possibilities we might be able to expand upon here.

I for one would definitely not say no to playing a flying magical sphere with arms and super strength.
"Contra principia negantem non est disputandum"

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:22 pm

All good suggestions, and I imagine they're being added to the very long to-do list for later releases :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:13 pm

I personally find that while the character creator was quite diverse it distinctly lacked the ability to create non-humanoid characters. Centaurs, half spider folk and other strange critters are distinctly absent possibilities we might be able to expand upon here.

I for one would definitely not say no to playing a flying magical sphere with arms and super strength.
Noticed that too, no creatures :(

Jeneki

Postby Jeneki » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:14 pm

I'm not sure why we need hulk to be a separate body type at all. See Champions Online: you can just move the body sliders up that far, and the hunched over "hulking stance" is selectable for everyone regardless of body size.
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:26 am

Every time you change the body sliders. every piece of costume inventory needs to change too, and they all need to work in a clever way not to clip. It is, as my college professors used to say, "non-trivial."

What we say internally is that the CCT is never done. We're going to be improving it and adding things to it for as long as the game exists (decades, we hope).

The more interesting question is why did we start with the morphs and adjustments we chose, rather than with animal characteristics and enormous body changes (but no face, for example)? The answer is that we think we can add more things later to the current crop of possible changes, and end up with a really exciting CCT, which constantly improves. We think we may be avoiding some blind alleys in development.

There is a poll question coming up in a week or so about which possible major addition to the CCT people are most interested in.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:14 pm

A lot of work ( thank You ) has been done on the face and the eyes , that i like ...BUT what about the hair ??? it is seen sooner than the eyes and yes...
don't forget the beards for guys and pony tails for gals,
I have not seen anything of the SIZE ( toon height ) slider ... it may have gone by to fast for me to see but ... the height of the toon is important to me ... dont want all my toons to be 5' 10" ???
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:12 pm

We're looking at a possible major overhaul for hair. And a height slider is in the works. And I agree, we need beards and mustaches too -- we don't have them today, but we do need them.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

It would be amazing if players could have various body frames, such as a horse or mermaid. City of Titans said they are doing horse folk. VO also said they are doing it. Then again, VO and CoT are not rousing their fans with optimism. Could be a case of promising too much.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:29 pm

Feature Creep is something you have to be very aware of when creating something like this. It would be great to have all these things at launch but if they keep adding things to the 'To Do Before Launch' list, the game will never actually ever be released.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Great launch title > Rushed shallow launch title

Just my humble opinion. Take as long as you must.

cmcgeever

Postby cmcgeever » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:28 am

A1fighter, I appreciate your patience. It's a trait we all need to have when we're waiting for any new game, especially an MMO.

But we cannot simply decide to take an extra year to polish stuff, or add features. The money will run out. :)

We need to launch at some definite point, and work up to having a good set of features and immersive content by that point. We cannot wait to make a game that exceeds COH at it's closing date... that game had ten years of work in it, mostly funded by game revenues. Which is why we ask all of these questions in the forums and in the polls, weighing options.

All of that said, we are not rushing. We have a quality standard, and we are meeting or exceeding it. Our philosophy is that a small great game can be made larger simply by doing more of the same. But a big confused game cannot easily be made better.

We're aiming for the former. :)

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:06 pm

Well, my household has been under the weather and we're finally recovering. But I would dearly love some helmets similar to my avatar. I believe I spotted at least two helmet choices in the CCT. Hopefully, a few more choices can be added over time? My character's identity isn't secret. He wears a helmet for other reasons. But yeah, I understand the need to be patient. Cheers! :)
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 pm

A1fighter, I appreciate your patience. It's a trait we all need to have when we're waiting for any new game, especially an MMO.

But we cannot simply decide to take an extra year to polish stuff, or add features. The money will run out. :)

We need to launch at some definite point, and work up to having a good set of features and immersive content by that point. We cannot wait to make a game that exceeds COH at it's closing date... that game had ten years of work in it, mostly funded by game revenues. Which is why we ask all of these questions in the forums and in the polls, weighing options.

All of that said, we are not rushing. We have a quality standard, and we are meeting or exceeding it. Our philosophy is that a small great game can be made larger simply by doing more of the same. But a big confused game cannot easily be made better.

We're aiming for the former. :)
This is my only issue with indy games. Quality is sacrificed pending the money the game may or may not make.

Return to “General Discussion”