MWM PR rep's allegations on Reddit?

Banished Archangel

MWM PR rep's allegations on Reddit?

Postby Banished Archangel » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm hyped for what Ship of Heroes can be be but I was rather taken aback by this Reddit post by a person who claims to be a PR rep for MWM, which is working on City Of Titans, another COH successor project. Has there been an official response to these claims?

"I VERY rarely say this sort of thing, but it's become increasingly clear it's true.

Ship of Hereos is a scam. Their website is unsecured, your registration data are sitting ducks for all the predators of the internet. Their phone number goes to a fax machine, their mailing address to a strip mall. Their staff are skyrim nude modders, and a Daz dependant artist - and Daz IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UNREAL. It is also impossible to use with a customizable chargen, as City of Titans has explained when asked why they haven't used it.

Please be very careful in all dealings with Ship of Heroes."

Gooch

Re: MWM PR rep's allegations on Reddit?

Postby Gooch » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Hey Banished Archangel,

Yep, this was brought up elsewhere earlier, and Consultant responded:
Solarverse, thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We reached out to the FB group you identified and were able to speak with one of the members. That discussion went really well, and I believe the negative comments have been removed. We also took the underlying concerns to heart and made some technical changes. We pushed some new security features last night, including SSL on all pages, and we changed our domain registrar, to reassure our community.

We also launched a new section of this site called "Latest News" under the "Game" tab on the main navigation. We've placed our first in-game screen captures from Apotheosis City into Latest News so that all of us can see the actual game under construction. Nothing persuades that we are really making a game like sharing our progress with all of you.

You can see the responses there, but thanks for alerting us to it!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:54 pm

As time goes by, the community will see that we are building a real game. We have listed our development schedule for the next few months. The next big element of Ship of Heroes will be shown in January, when we will demonstrate a working version of our character creation tool. We will also have smaller progress reports to show as well. In the meantime we cannot stop people pushing these ridiculous ideas. It's the nature of the Internet.

Trinity Force

Postby Trinity Force » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:30 pm

That post was accidentally made using the official MWM reddit account instead of a personal one. It was not an official statement. The poster made it very clear afterwards that this was a bad mistake on his part and was NOT a statement by MWM, or CoT. The post has since been deleted.

Banished Archangel

Postby Banished Archangel » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:38 pm

That post was accidentally made using the official MWM reddit account instead of a personal one. It was not an official statement. The poster made it very clear afterwards that this was a bad mistake on his part and was NOT a statement by MWM, or CoT. The post has since been deleted.
Thanks for the update, I hadn't seen the retraction. In any case, I wish ALL the spiritual successors the best of luck.

Return to “General Discussion”