Crafted Infusions

Golden Ace

Crafted Infusions

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:30 pm

I was thinking that SoH should have something other Superhero MMO's don't have, and an Idea for crafting came to mind.

Thoughts?

Increase Range Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase Range by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase AOE Targets Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the number of AOE targets by - Small 10% (no less than 1), Medium 20% (no less than 2), Large 40% (no less than 4).

Increase Hold Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Hold effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Sleep Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Sleep effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Confuse Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Confuse effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Disorient Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Disorient effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Immobilize Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Immobilize effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Slow Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Slow effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Taunt Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Taunt effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Fear Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the duration of Fear effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Repel Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the magnitude of Repel effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Increase Knockback Infusion – for 60 seconds it will increase the magnitude of Knockback effects by - Small 10%, Medium 20%, Large 40%.

Enemy Group Infusions.

Nagdellian Infusion – while active this makes Nagdellians believe you are one of them (attacking Nagdellians will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.

Promethean Infusion – while active this makes Prometheans believe you are one of them (attacking Prometheans will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.

Yekus Mercenary Infusion – while active this makes Yekus Mercenaries believe you are one of them (attacking Yekus Mercenaries will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.

Red Sigil Infusion – while active this makes The Red Sigil believe you are one of them (attacking The Red Sigil will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.

Rogue Robot Infusion – while active this makes Rogue Robots believe you are one of them (attacking Rogue Robots will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.

Attuned Infusion – while active this makes The Attuned Magic Users believe you are one of them (attacking the Attuned will cause the infusion to fail) - Small 1 minute, Medium 2 minutes, Large 4 minutes.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

brando81373

Re: Crafted Infusions

Postby brando81373 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:49 am

Love the idea of a "disguise" crafted infusion, definitely something unique. The normal infusions (defense, damage, acc, etc) can be dropped by defeated enemies or bought, but those unique infusions could be crafted to specialize your character or just to add extra strategy for a battle. I love this idea!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:24 am

Really don’t know what to disguise infusions would be good for. Find the MacGuffin missions. But I thought it be a cool addition to the game. Heck we might be able to make missions built around something like that.

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:43 pm

The disguise infusions may be good for getting up close and personal without taking any damage for those who need close combat. Walk up and join the ranks, then let them have it!
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:49 pm

I just had a terrible thought for knockback infusions. find a low level mob get your biggest knockback attack ready and eat a full tray full of large knockback infusions... i wonder if it's possible to send a mob across the entire zone...

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:55 am

LOL, I don't think it is, at least not for a whole zone. :)

This is actually funny but I had nover thought of making an infusion that increases knockback. We've got some that increase resistance to knockback...

Can you tell I played a lot of melee characters on teams?

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:24 pm

I like the idea of more niche infusions that can be crafted - you don't have that annoying "ugh, that useless thing" feeling when they drop if you can't use them, but there is still a way to have them if you need/want them.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:17 pm

That's what I was going for. no way would I ever want a knockback infusion for myself, but if I were a blaster it just might come in handy. I don't think any of them would be game breakers but they could enhance the enjoy-ability of the game. and make the difference between failing a mission and winning. and since they are inspirations you are limited to how many you can have on you.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:25 pm

taunt... maybe it should also increase the number of mobs taunted by 10%, 20%, and 40%

Return to “General Discussion”