First screenshots! Apotheosis City, Revealed!

Capzlock

First screenshots! Apotheosis City, Revealed!

Postby Capzlock » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

The first screenshots of Apotheosis City were revealed! Since there's no official discussion thread I figured I'd start one.

So far I think it looks great! I really like to sense of scale you get when you see the UE4 characters walking the streets.

Lazarus

Re: First screenshots! Apotheosis City, Revealed!

Postby Lazarus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

I like the color scheme - it's very cheerful. Great job so far, devs!

Golden Stone

Postby Golden Stone » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Agreed, this just has the right feel to it.. Try as I might, I find it is something hard to describe. I also believe Devs are doing great so far.

Gooch

Postby Gooch » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:33 pm

Greetings all!

My name is Eric Gooch (usually known by friends & coworkers as Gooch) :D

I'd like to introduce myself as the the environment artist on the Ship of Heroes project. Now that we've released some of the first shots of the level, I wanted to mention a few things about the work to date, and where we're headed.

The first step in visualizing the level was the creation of the concept renderings, which can be seen on the main front page of the site, and in some of the other articles. This was a first attempt to visually describe our first city/level, and those initial pictures were 3D rendered images based on some initial documentation about the style we were interested in.

After the concepts, the next stage was to start on the level in earnest in the Unreal 4 editor, working toward matching those concepts that were rendered. That's going well, and the results are these first in-game images that were just posted. My goal is to get as close as possible to those original renders for the in-game level. I feel confident that in the end, our level in the game will actually look as good or better than those renderings, and that's what I'll be working on next.

In the coming months, we'll be showing more as we add more detail, polish textures and materials, get rid of things we don't like, and add new things that we do. xD

All of this is to get things looking the best we can to prepare for our upcoming Kickstarter in April/May of 2017.

I hope you're as excited about the project as I am!!

Capzlock

Postby Capzlock » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Greetings all!

My name is Eric Gooch (usually known by friends & coworkers as Gooch) :D

I'd like to introduce myself as the the environment artist on the Ship of Heroes project. Now that we've released some of the first shots of the level, I wanted to mention a few things about the work to date, and where we're headed.

The first step in visualizing the level was the creation of the concept renderings, which can be seen on the main front page of the site, and in some of the other articles. This was a first attempt to visually describe our first city/level, and those initial pictures were 3D rendered images based on some initial documentation about the style we were interested in.

After the concepts, the next stage was to start on the level in earnest in the Unreal 4 editor, working toward matching those concepts that were rendered. That's going well, and the results are these first in-game images that were just posted. My goal is to get as close as possible to those original renders for the in-game level. I feel confident that in the end, our level in the game will actually look as good or better than those renderings, and that's what I'll be working on next.

In the coming months, we'll be showing more as we add more detail, polish textures and materials, get rid of things we don't like, and add new things that we do. xD

All of this is to get things looking the best we can to prepare for our upcoming Kickstarter in April/May of 2017.

I hope you're as excited about the project as I am!!
Hi Gooch!

It's great to get some insight on how you get from concept to in-game. I don't think I've seen many games get so close to the original concept, especially on the first iteration. Can't wait to see more of your work as the game progresses!

Shieldwolf

Postby Shieldwolf » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:34 pm

These early screenshots are beautiful. I swear of all the successors to our beloved CoH, Ship of Heroes looks like it's going to be our TRUE successor. I felt just as giddy looking at these as I did back when we first saw CoH game screens.
Virtue server, Dawn Patrol SG
Crimsonstar
Chain Lightning
Lady Victoria

Shieldwolf

Postby Shieldwolf » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Going forward, I and I think a lot of others, would love to see screenshots of the other zones of the ship.

I'd love if there was a seedy/black market type of area on the ship. A place that everyone knew of, but wasn't openly discussed by the ship officials.
Virtue server, Dawn Patrol SG
Crimsonstar
Chain Lightning
Lady Victoria

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:32 am

Where did you find those screenshots? Please give a link, they seem to be hidden well.

Cranos
Site Admin

Postby Cranos » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:00 am

Where did you find those screenshots? Please give a link, they seem to be hidden well.
https://www.shipofheroes.com/news/

Return to “General Discussion”