Interview with CEO Casey and Lead Dev Matt is now up!

positivegamer1

Interview with CEO Casey and Lead Dev Matt is now up!

Postby positivegamer1 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:07 pm

This is Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k6cfXbQaGw&t=235s

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIeHZDe ... e=youtu.be

A lot of Reddit and Twitter users submitted some great questions! Hopefully this video might answer some questions that you have about the game! :D

-Positive Gamer-

Greyhawk

Re: Interview with CEO Casey and Lead Dev Matt is now up!

Postby Greyhawk » Sun May 21, 2017 1:42 am

Saw it, shared it on all my social media accounts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My author page at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B000APIPZC?r ... 0_33951330

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun May 21, 2017 3:29 am

Interesting videos, thanks for posting those. Have added them to lunawisp's blog. She's actually getting quite hopeful that the superhero costumes will be dusted off soon...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun May 21, 2017 6:42 am

Thank you, positivegamer1, that was a fun interview. On a personal note, it's great to speak with someone who shares our desire to see gaming in general become positive again. A friendly community is the core of Ship of Heroes.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun May 21, 2017 9:37 am

I've watched every video made on this game, and this was probably the best one as far as revealing the ins and outs of the game in progress. It was nice to hear some of the techy stuff, but also the passion of the people making it. I am really really really looking forward to getting my hands on this game! Yeah, I know that the real 'game' won't be ready for over a year, but this looks like something I can invest 8+ years in, just like CoH.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Codex

Postby Codex » Sun May 21, 2017 12:30 pm

Thank you, positivegamer1, that was a fun interview. On a personal note, it's great to speak with someone who shares our desire to see gaming in general become positive again. A friendly community is the core of Ship of Heroes.
It's great to see a focus on the friendly community.

Just a quick story on a "situation" from the Triumph server back in the old days when players were trying to get the enhancements from the Hami raid. There was a SG that managed to max out their characters and purposely tried to cause the raid to fail. A series of logged complaints and a few temporary suspensions stopped it. It was great to see the mods so committed to the player base.
aka Backer 68

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 am

The environments are looking better every time I see them, which is expected but no less awesome for that :P

I'm really bad with dates, so it wasn't until this video I realised how soon the character creation will be opened up - it's potentially only 2-3 months away I think? That's fantastic news. For some reason I had it pegged much further into the year in my head.

Looking forward to seeing the new timeline too - in many ways, what the schedule is doesn't matter, but the fact y'all are consistently hitting your schedule is one of the biggest confidence builders in this project (along with all the cool updates so we can see it ourselves, of course :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “General Discussion”