CCT randomizer video

JestersGhost

CCT randomizer video

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_JmzFIu1o&t=0s

Loving the improvements to the CCT - costumes are looking good and I love the vibrant colour scheme. So many games these days have washed out palettes because of their settings. Can't wait to play with this :D
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Consultant

Re: CCT randomizer video

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Thank you -- so many artists and coders have labored over this CCT. It's incredible.

Here's a question. I feel confident we should publish a video showing all of the sliders and options, even if it like 18 minutes long. But one of our marketing people told me "it's way too boring. Nothing blows up."

My thinking is it will be interesting to see before the CCT Beta begins. It's kind of instructional, and also kind of zany fun. If it's too boring, wouldn't people just skip to the end? No harm, no foul?

What do you guys think?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:58 pm

while we would all love to have it, I fear that it would not go well from detractors and we end up getting bad press from it.

put it to music. that will be in game. that way you can demonstrate both the CCT and show off any musical scores that SoH has aquired.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Great video!

I think an 18 minute cc video would be FINE. It might encourage more to donate, too, as they'll see what they could have been beta testing had they donated. I think more videos are not a problem, unless they take Heroic Games away from vital work.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:03 pm

No we have an internal version of the video -- it's dev footage.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:51 am

"But one of our marketing people told me "it's way too boring. Nothing blows up."

Then make it a general progress video instead of just a CCT one. Start with creating a character then show something blowing up, then go back to create another character or change the first one then go and blow something else up.

There's plenty of action snippets on other videos you could use for that purpose. Or, preferably, go blow something up with the character you just created.

Just needs someone to do the editing. <== sounds nice and easy if you say it fast enough.

Have to agree with JestersGhost though, the CCT does look very nice already.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:00 am

Nice video. I really like the heroic stances. Also the faces look pretty good.
Well done.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:11 am

while we would all love to have it, I fear that it would not go well from detractors and we end up getting bad press from it.

put it to music. that will be in game. that way you can demonstrate both the CCT and show off any musical scores that SoH has aquired.
Nailed it!
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:13 am

Thank you -- so many artists and coders have labored over this CCT. It's incredible.

Here's a question. I feel confident we should publish a video showing all of the sliders and options, even if it like 18 minutes long. But one of our marketing people told me "it's way too boring. Nothing blows up."

My thinking is it will be interesting to see before the CCT Beta begins. It's kind of instructional, and also kind of zany fun. If it's too boring, wouldn't people just skip to the end? No harm, no foul?

What do you guys think?
Describe it as an instructional video, "here's what all the options do," in preperation for the CCT beta :)
At that point it's not for marketing, it's just instructional. As long as you're upfront about that at the beginning, there should be no problem.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “General Discussion”