The Beta Club

Gerald_Deemer

The Beta Club

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Well, this came just into my mind. As Club Caprice in Champions Online, the Beta Club will be a hot spot for roleplayers. And I remember what was the most nerve-racking thing when roleplaying for 1, 2 or even more hours? Right! The music!
Well, it was not the music itself, but the repeat rate.

So please make sure that one "set" is rolling for 1 or 2 hours before it`s gonna repeat. On special events you could run a "special DJ set" like scary club music at Halloween or happy dance music at Christmas...

But please don`t insert a 10 minutes long loop into the final game which is repeating endlessly until brain meltdown. :?

Just a suggestion.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Consultant

Re: The Beta Club

Postby Consultant » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:40 pm

Noted!

we're actually hoping to get a lot of specific feedback on music (different areas have different music) from the CCT Beta.

Right now it all placeholders. So we will see what people think.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Thinking it might be possible to jukebox In there for players just like the music that’s currently playing.

Someone- I think Odee, had mentioned the possibility where you could build your own music in game. Another mmo had that.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Thinking it might be possible to jukebox In there for players just like the music that’s currently playing.

Someone- I think Odee, had mentioned the possibility where you could build your own music in game. Another mmo had that. :shock:
Guilty. :( Would it be possible to make a Jukebox for the game, that lets us assign music we have, to different sectors? Might save y'all some money from having to create your own sector music, at least from the start.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Noted!

we're actually hoping to get a lot of specific feedback on music (different areas have different music) from the CCT Beta.

Right now it all placeholders. So we will see what people think.
I´m exited spending a lot of time in the club :D
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:32 am

Someone- I think Odee, had mentioned the possibility where you could build your own music in game. Another mmo had that. :shock:
Guilty. :( Would it be possible to make a Jukebox for the game, that lets us assign music we have, to different sectors? Might save y'all some money from having to create your own sector music, at least from the start.
That would be very cool, though tbh I'll probably just have spotify on in the background and music turned off like in almost every other game I play. Does spotify and similar apps allow remote control from other programs (like you can on mobile)? That'd be neat.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Return to “General Discussion”